Public Games Matchmaking Clarification

Blizzard Archive
Prev 1 5 6 7 25 Next
I don't even play the game anymore. I just log-in to sell things on the AH/RMAH. It is pretty sad Blizzard, you guys need to listen to your players. This is why I went into indie game development, because no one knows how to make games anymore.
07/10/2012 10:02 AMPosted by mooplet
We've recently seen a lot of questions from players regarding the number displayed in the Public Games window

players are asking for numbers of people who have stopped playing

yep
07/10/2012 10:00 AMPosted by Remedy
Really? THAT is what you have seen 'a lot' of concern about?

Wonderful. Thanks for this update, Lylirra.

Now when are you going to put the MF back into Chests?
When are objects going to drop items again? I want to loot the best item in the game from breaking a jar. I heard from Bashiok this was possible.
My friends list has 27 people on it. Only 3 are active currently as they are bored or hit the wall. They have all been offline for 20 or more days and the 3 that do play only 2 actually play. The other RMAH's it up because hes a dealer. Lol go figure guess its a good way to have a part time job.
I would also mention, since this seems to be misinterpreted. The recent players in the friends list will always show in menu because the game doesn't expose your real in game status unless you are a RealID or BattleTag friend.
our goal has always been to promote the four player cooperative experience in Diablo III.

If this were true then it wouldnt be such a huge pain in the !@# to play 4 player games, but guess what? It is. Health totals on mobs DO NOT ADD UP in multiplayer games.

It takes soooooo much longer to do an act3 clear with even a second person in the game let alone 4. Not only that but I lose my followers magic find as well, and unless my partner has my EXACT magic find I'm gonna lose some more there b/c you decided to avgout MF in parties. There is not one SINGLE feature that makes it a better idea to play in groups rather than solo. NOT ONE.

Dont piss on my cheerios and call it milk ok pal? You have done practically NOTHING to make 4 player games attractive at all. You lowered dmg output, thats it. Guess what, it still sucks $%^ to group regardless of that change.

The reason that number of players in public games is so low is because everyone prefers to play your MULTIPLAYER game ALONE. More solid irrefutable evidence that you completely -*!@ed this game up.
07/10/2012 10:33 AMPosted by Helladen
I don't even play the game anymore. I just log-in to sell things on the AH/RMAH. It is pretty sad Blizzard, you guys need to listen to your players. This is why I went into indie game development, because no one knows how to make games anymore.

I'm doing this right now too. The messed up thing is im making more gold JUST selling old items on the AH, than actually playing the game.. Its not like im missing out on good loot drops. Hell, I already got 1 legendary out of 100+ hours, Im sitting high in the sky with this badass weapon....

Oh.....Wait....
They derive no benefit by trying to dupe us into thinking there are still people playing. If that is their intention, public games numbers can easily be inflated in-game rather than using a well mannered forum post.

Many people had this question or have commented on this issue recently, so it is a question worth answering.

She doesn't have answers to every issue that needs clarification, she simply gives whatever she has at the moment. There is no need to infer priorities. No where in the post is it stated that this is the most pressing issue or the whole dev team prioritizing this for a fix.

Issues that are not entirely decided or dealt with should not be communicated via a post to avoid giving information/promises that might not be fulfilled/true at a later stage.

I'm also horribly upset with how D3 has turned out, but venting frustration on someone trying to do her job is just ugly.
"A LOT OF" questions from players regarding the number displayed in the Public Games window

Seriously? A LOT OF players care about the tiny little number on the window??

You got to be joking right, I can assure you there are more players concern about other real issue...

look... I know we are being really rough or harsh on you. This is misdirect anger, but can you actually tell us what is D3 dev team currently doing? or are you guys going to abandon this game, since nobody care about the gold spamer and such...
LOOK GUYS ITS A RED HEARING

who even gives a !@#$ing %^-* about gear swap?

out of everything being ranted on, they chose this miniscule opinion buried at the bottom of the forum and treated it like it was in everybody's interest

ffs leave MF alone, fix some real issues

MF Gear Swapping oh no it is bad! it gives other people that are smart enough to bring a mf set along way an advantage over me (dumb people)

but the fact that the game is broken, the RMAH is polutted with botted item, bots in-game trashing the economy, difficulty curb to high near the end, unbalancement of class

but yeah the public game counter is more important along with mf gear swap than any of those issue...

I've tried swapping in my MF/GF gear last minute, doesn't seem like it helps much. Not to mention, you have to be quite agile to dodge(lol) attacks while trying to switch gear. Out of 4 times I tried, I died once. Not worth it IMO.

Here's a legit question: why are gold and other fancy dyes so expensive? When I bought gold at the high price, I thought it would actually give my gear a solid gold color, or something similar. Instead, it just changes the main piece of fabric(or steel) on your gear to a yellow color...Isn't gold shiny??
And I assume that such an "insignificant" change didn't merit a mention in the patch notes? So you guys are openly admitting to stealth hotfixes?
07/10/2012 09:59 AMPosted by Lylirra
and our goal has always been to promote the four player cooperative experience in Diablo III.

Then why does this game become almost impossible to beat when people are added to the game? The game should become easier not harder when teaming with others. This is just another thing d2 has that d3 doesnt. Please make it so teaming up isnt punished. If player A does 30k dmg and player B also does 30k dmg then when they team up they should be able to kill things easier, but it works the other way. The monsters have an easier time killing us
really what about the rest of the questions...Like why did you ninja nerf act 1 again, Why have you yet to actually balance and fix the WD class, When will we get any new activities in the game like pvp? I mean we are not asking alot here but just a general idea would go along way to make us happy.
Awful how bout actually reading the popular threads before posting? LURK MORE