Leah never believed Cain's stories

Lore and Story
"I can't tell you how many times I had to fight off skeletons while uncle deckard was examining some old tapestry"
I don't see your point -- animated skeletons are widely known in Sanctuary, just like Necromancers. They don't have much to do (or an inmediate association) with Cain's studies, which focus in the End Days.
07/05/2012 09:06 PMPosted by Zygaro
I don't see your point -- animated skeletons are widely known in Sanctuary, just like Necromancers. They don't have much to do (or an inmediate association) with Cain's studies, which focus in the End Days.

Those are just stories uncle. You're losing your mind, you senile old man.
"but what about the prophecy? do you doubt the texts when you seen things with your own eyes?!"
I believe this should answer all your questions.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ArbitrarySkepticism
uncle!!!

why lecture me on such things?

i still do not believe prophecy!
*Cain gets killed by a witch who admits to be Belial's servant.

At the funeral: "It was all just stories. My uncle saw what he wanted to see."

I mean, come on. She killed tons of monsters with me (taunting them in a disney way, but still), she saw the witch twice. She saw Alaric. She talked to him. She even entered the temple and went "look this predates the sin war".

Then, suddenly, her one behaviour being "let me tell you about everything you see cause you are not smart enough to figure things out, and I also need to advance the plot and my comments are necessary to create the right atmosphere" changes to "it's all just stories and I don't believe them cause I am so sad and lost".
what's this? a poorly written character in Diablo 3? i am just absolutely shocked.
Consider this:

- History and religious text about the Sin War

- The catastrophie of Tristam

- The scourging of Mount Arreat (with the Barbarian as a witness).

- Fireballs falling out of the sky.

- Undead creatures wandering the land

- Sorcery and magic

- Demon Hunters

- monsterious and twisted creatures

But no, a apathetic little !@#$% doesn't believe in Cain's stories. I mean, what the ^-*!ing hell? How come its a big suprise to Leah that Demons are real and ravaging Sanctuary, when the things I listed above happens frequent?
I mean, come on. She killed tons of monsters with me

Magic and monsters are everywhere in D3's world.
She obviously believe in that, she saw it a million times.

What she does not believe in, are the prophecies.

And about 'She saw Cain dies at the hand of a witch saying she's in for Belial'...
Millions of people died at the hands of muslims during the crusades, I'm not sure why it would make their nieces believe in Allah.
Lets all face it, Leah is a terrible character. Hell, Chell had better dialogue than Leah ever did.
I mean, come on. She killed tons of monsters with me

Magic and monsters are everywhere in D3's world.
She obviously believe in that, she saw it a million times.

What she does not believe in, are the prophecies.

And about 'She saw Cain dies at the hand of a witch saying she's in for Belial'...
Millions of people died at the hands of muslims during the crusades, I'm not sure why it would make their nieces believe in Allah.

That's it exactly. She just doesn't believe in the Prophecy of the End Days. She believes in everything else. Probably because Cain was obsessed about the prophecy for ALL of her life.

At the funeral: "It was all just stories. My uncle saw what he wanted to see."

I mean, come on. She killed tons of monsters with me (taunting them in a disney way, but still), she saw the witch twice. She saw Alaric. She talked to him. She even entered the temple and went "look this predates the sin war".

Then, suddenly, her one behaviour being "let me tell you about everything you see cause you are not smart enough to figure things out, and I also need to advance the plot and my comments are necessary to create the right atmosphere" changes to "it's all just stories and I don't believe them cause I am so sad and lost".

Wouldn't be similar to the witch saying "I'm a servant of the devil."? Belial is likely known in at least a few superstitions.
I think that skeletons and the like at the beginning of act 1 are pretty commonplace, albeit feared and hated (for good reason) in the Diablo universe. It's like if all of the sudden bears were appearing in larger than usual numbers and attacking towns in numerous place across America, then your old uncle says "This is all because of the Mayan calendar ending on 12-21-12. The bears are just the first step in a long line of escalating catastrophes that will destroy the world!" Now if that were to happen, will you be skeptical? Or will you say "That's right! It all makes sense! What should we do to prevent this, uncle?!?!?"
i love the fact that she still doesn't believe him even after a !@#$ing person fell from the SKY and LIVES. the more pretty you are, the stupider you are apparently. is that like...common in Sanctuary? people falling from the heavens and living? uhh....ok.

i also love the fact that in the cinematic when they're about to burn Cain, when tyreal goes "cain sacrificed much...." she YELLS at him for NO reason LOL.pms much? when i first saw her getting owned by her mom, i lol'ed so hard, didn't even feel sorry at all.

the more i think about it, the more i realize i hate all the female characters in D3.

End of Act 1 cinema when she declares 'But they were just stories.." she said that out of shock. Out of disbelief but she knew the truth.