The "Vegetables Bad" line...

Lore and Story
Okay, I've just beaten the Butcher for the third time now, but I've still haven't heard that line. Am I unlucky, did Blizzard remove it... or is the whole thing just a hoax?
He has a few.

"Run Coward"
"Zombie flesh good, human flesh better"
"Vegetables bad, meat good"

Depending on how it rolls you could go a while without hearing the vegetables one. That being said, I find them all corny and irritating.
He does say it, but I wouldn't call yourself "unlucky" just because you haven't heard it. It's annoying. The butcher was creepy in Diablo. Now he's like an ogre from Warcraft. Herp-derp, me kill you good!
07/15/2012 03:01 PMPosted by Linglinglisk
He does say it, but I wouldn't call yourself "unlucky" just because you haven't heard it. It's annoying. The butcher was creepy in Diablo. Now he's like an ogre from Warcraft. Herp-derp, me kill you good!

The little double-hop he does before launching a melee attack really makes him look derpy.
I thought they removed it for a while, but then I heard it again.

No idea what they were thinking with that one.
Offnote: I think "Run Coward" is a tribute to that troll on the Diablo II forums a couple years back named Sinister (referring to some arcade game) who would post "Run coward", "I hunger" or "Beware, I live!"

And the vegetables thing is also a reference to Diablo I, where a Diablo voice clip said so9mething about brushing your teeth and eating your vegetables.
That's the beauty with Blizzard: their games are full of pop culture references and self-referential humor, and they never take themselves too seriously. That's what make their fictional universes so memorable and endearing, despite all the cheese and the corn.