Message from Mike Morhaime

General Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12 143 Next
Keep on it Blizz, I have faith. Ignore the trolls. Game isn't perfect right now (in fact many parts of it are really ...unsatisfactory) but I know how you guys work. Just keep on doing your usual Blizzard polish.
Care to address any fundamental flaws with your game? Such as the Trade scamming, RMAH eating items and cash? Not being able to dodge melee hits? ROFL
There is so much wrong with this post, and again blindsiding tactics, this is how I really feel about the upcoming "changes" and the peculiar reasons for other decisions that have been made, take note these are my opinions and as such you should respect that blizzard.

"We’ve had an enormous amount of feedback since the launch. I speak for everyone at Blizzard when I say that we appreciate the passion and affection many of you have for the Diablo series."

By "passion" I assume you mean lots of very annoyed customers who you have alienated which have played your series for many years asking you to change game features in order to save the game from inevitable death, which not only you have ignored but are still trying to jump around the issues of by supplying us with a bunch of filler?

We truly believe “Every Voice Matters,” so I want to thank you for sharing your experiences in an effort to help us improve the game.

Thats funny, because last time I checked you was nerfing everything from pots, to chests etc etc and the majority of people complained, yet you changed nothing but "every voice matters" from my stand point it seems the only voices that matters are yours and finding more ways to maintain the player base whilst still draining the fun from the game and making more money with RMAH? Am I wrong?

You’ve seen some of that work already in patch 1.0.3, and you’ll see additional improvements with patch 1.0.4.

By "work" I can only assume you mean making players feel like you have improved the game in order to keep them addicted and trying to constantly get the best loot (which they think is possible due to "improved drop rates") whilst in the background you make the "improved drops" stats pure garbage and nobody can again actually progress through the game without having to visit RMAH, why can you not just openly admit this is your goal for this game?

On the game balance front, this update will contain changes designed to further deliver on the team’s goal of promoting “build diversity,” with buffs to many rarely used, underpowered class abilities. Another topic we’ve seen actively discussed is the fact that better, more distinct Legendary items are needed. We agree. Patch 1.0.4 will also include new and improved Legendary items that are more interesting, more powerful, and more epic in ways you probably won’t be expecting.

Whilst this sounds good, again it is more than likely just going to be minor buffs which offer no improvement whatsoever and the push forward will still be about gear, this feels a lot like smoke and mirrors, just like you did with improved drop rates again it is following the same pattern.

Regarding the real-money auction house, our primary goal for including this in the game was to provide convenience and peace of mind for those players who might otherwise turn to third-party services to buy items.

Well how about letting the people who want to use third party services use them and get ripped off and instead tell people you want to focus on them earning gear rather than paying for it?

Is it our fault that people want to pay for items from other sites because they do not want to put the effort in game?

No, again this is masking what your real objective is, which is to make money, its not about "player safety" or anything of that nature, its about you making money from people who are too lazy to play the game right, which is fine, I have no problem with that, what I do have a problem with however, is this auction house and rmah affecting normal players and hurting their experience because drops are terrible due to the auction house having to be balanced and players being able to get all the best gear just because they have a bigger wallet.

One other common topic we’ve seen in the forums is the always-connected experience, and the perception that the online requirement is nothing but an ineffective form of copy protection that has already been cracked.

Which is it...and it has been, proven on many occasions with you talking about bots etc etc

More important to us is that the online requirement is critical for the long-term integrity of the game experience.

Remind me how many years did people play Diablo 2? And that had a offline mode? So why would having an offline mode affect the "long-term integrity of the game experience" it seems right now that having online as a requirement is doing the very thing your are trying so very hard to stop.

The effectiveness of the online elements -- including the friends list and cross-game communication; co-op matchmaking; persistent characters that you can use by yourself, with others, and in PvP; and some of our customer support, service, and security components -- is tied directly to the online nature of the game.

So what you are saying is, unless your are online all the time it would be difficult or impossible to have a friends list (even though you could always choose to go online if you wished even with an offline mode?)

cross-game communction (again, you could choose to be a part of this even with an offline mode)

co-op matchmaking (in most other games on the market and they do not require online all the time, co-op is an added feature which u can choose to partake in if u want to, you have the CHOICE, this again comes down to what u said earlier about everyone having a voice)

persistent characters that you can use by yourself, with others (again cannot see the reasoning behind this, what are you saying? If it was single player you could not have a persistent character and then choose to share it with others if you wished to do so? because if you are saying that it makes no sense whatsoever)

some of our customer support, service, and security components -- is tied directly to the online nature of the game (If I have a problem with the game in single player I could still email you if I wished to do so, and security only needs to exist if you choose to play online, who is going to hack my single player game that I play without an internet connection? that makes no sense again.

Again in my opinion the ONLY reason you want people online all the time is due to auction house and RMAH, so you can maintain a solid income from players purchasing items and you have an excuse then to keep drops low in order to make sure the auction house does not get overrun with good items, here is a simple solution, make a single player option with no auction house, where you cannot take the items attained online or put up them up for sale, how about that?

We’re also working on a gameplay system that will provide players who have max-level, high-powered characters new goals to strive for as an alternative to the “item hunt.” We’re not ready to get into specifics just yet, but I can say that we’re actively taking your feedback into account as we plan out the future of the game.

This is a step in the correct direction, however I am skeptical but hope you can live up to this promise, I do expect to be disappointed though as far to many promises have been broken.

As always, we appreciate your candor and passion. Your constructive feedback and thoughts are valuable --

On a closing note I just want to say, if you want to save this game you need to focus on making it fun, not a constant grind for gold in order to buy better items on ah just to go one step further in inferno, this is not a viable strategy to keep people playing, I am not going to reiterate loads of points on how to improve the game, there have been a number of threads ( many ignored by yourselves) that are very constructive that have highlighted how to save this game and make it better, but from my point of view at least it seems as if you just want to focus on making as much money from people as possible and bleed this game dry with RMAH.

Just my thoughts.

(*If your friend has a query about a forum suspension, they can email to Please refrain from discussing disciplinary actions on the forums- Thank you for staying constructive. Nethaera )
I don't know if this has been said but as a request for the auction houses I would like to see while looking at a item if its better than the one equipped like in-game where it shows if it adds dmg life and/or protection it would make it easier to see if a new item is better... sure sometimes its really easy to just know but every once in a while its difficult to see if something is better especially later in the game when you already have great items and you are just trying to improve things at a smaller scale... Since this is already in place in the game I assume it wouldn't be to difficult to add into the auction house... thanks for your post it was very informative... any idea of when we should be expecting this update?
good God so much fluff just to get to the 2-3 things they're working on which aren't all that great to begin with.

I'll believe the build diversity when I see it. And as for the AH... just lol. It sure sounds great when you guys talk about it, but you never mention that loot in game is tied to what's available on the auction house.... so that in itself trumps all the positive things you try and say about it being "optional"
Oh please, like this was really written by Mike Morhaime... why are some people so naive ?

Hahah, speaking of naive.. The irony is strong with this one.

I think it was. Vague and trying to get us to spend more money. Sounds like a CEO.

I was really hoping this "Message" would've had some substance of what to expect and quell some of the unrest around here. I have never been on a forum before with so much hatred towards a game, never. That should be a bit telling on the state of the game and would hope Blizzard would do something to cheer us up.

Remember, we are future customers, customers that with a bad taste in our mouths will have to spend that money elsewhere. It's silly to think every developer can put out A+ games all the time. But the way D3 was handled was atrocious. Misleading Videos leading up to a release of a barebones game with little feedback between the company and it's customers.
Well, to me the biggest disappointment is the story holes, stupid characters/villains and overall climate and atmosphere of saturday cartoon, in this part it's just not a Diablo game, and this things can't be repaired. But I like the gameplay and graphics is okay I guess. The things Blizzard should work on is items, balance and build diversity. My poor Barbarian is so weak he can't progress, I try farming for items but this is just a waste of time.
07/19/2012 06:08 AMPosted by Drenick
Keep on it Blizz, I have faith. Ignore the trolls. Game isn't perfect right now (in fact many parts of it are really ...unsatisfactory) but I know how you guys work. Just keep on doing your usual Blizzard polish.

Keep thinking this. They couldn't get it right in their own 'Blizzard timeline' needed to make a game perfect by excessive 'polishing'.

They'll never come close to fixing the game until they admit the underlying design failures with the storylines and xAHs - not to mention the continued plague of bots I've heard about from the forums.
07/19/2012 06:07 AMPosted by Mesomorph
Yeah no worries we heard all this before about how good the game was going to be... and look how terrible it turned out. unless the game is going to shift towards its diablo 2 roots (which it wont) then I dont see myself returning to play. I just enjoy reading the forums to see if anything has changed (which it hasn't)

Yup exactly, just another faux olive branch.

Blizzard's motto might as well be: "set your expectations low otherwise you'll be disappointed", because given how vague the OP's post is, it is bordering on pointless that they even posted to begin with.

Although it WAS funny to watch the fanboys lap it up like dogs looking for water, that did make it worthwhile.

I'm personally DONE begging blizzard to fix this game and I think ridiculing them for their incompetence is likely a better idea. I beat inferno once and haven't looked back at this pointless grind game since. I mean ffs I think that this game actually is more grind heavy than a korean mmo, if that is even possible.
At least 1 of 2 things needs to happen next update. We either never see items below 60 in inferno or when Ilvl 61-63 drop you actually get something decent (or hopefully both, decent meaning that it's gear that will progress you to effectively farming the best instance, act 3, for even more op items ). Hilarious watching Krip run through Act 3 once every 40 min getting ~50 rares only to id them all and get complete trash. This doesn't inspire anyone to go farm themselves on a toon with 2/3 the armor/dps taking at least twice as long to clear the act.

-Edit- Lower the repair bills >Get rid of enrage timers<