D2 Sorc didn't teach D3 Wizard Frozen Orb?

General Discussion
the sorc feel that the wizard would have a hard time understanding the concept of the frozen orb. too complicated to understand
D3 wizard ran out of tuition money. Stay tuned until a couple months after x-pac!
07/30/2012 04:38 AMPosted by acegear
the sorc feel that the wizard would have a hard time understanding the concept of the frozen orb. too complicated to understand
She's Asian, I don't think wizards have a problem with understanding things. :p
She's Asian, I don't think wizards have a problem with understanding things. :p

Agreed + Bump :).
they killed cain instead.
aren't you thankful?

With butterflies too.
Sorceress was infinte more fun in D2. Wizard is trash in D3. Being forced to play my ranged spellcaster as a melee char to be viable?? Weak game Blizz.
Yeah. I agree. Wizard really plays a lot differently than Sorc in D2.

Most noticeably there is a lot more kiting and mobs die much slower.

I haven't really played Barbarian yet but I have played Monk and it feels right for a melee class (though I would like a more variety of Mantras on the skill runes).

Demon Hunter with the right gear feels strong. Like, I remember Guided Arrow + Piercing passive on amazon. That was nice. (Of course I know DH goes down more easily than Amazon unless you spam Smoke Screen/Gloom.)

Demon Hunter retains that with Hungering Arrow (which natively has the piercing ability too).

Wizard on the other hand just doesn't feel as close to Sorc as the other classes do with their previous class. I mean with good gear, you can Archon and just mow through everything but that type of play style is still really different from Sorc. I guess the major difference is that Sorceress didn't really have any channeling spells (besides maybe 1 or 2 skills) while the Wizard has a ton of those.

Also I'd like a real melee Wizard (like Enchantress Sorc with Zeal runeword) >.>. WW and CM Wizard is more like a Nova sorc actually (explosive blast is similar to Nova) than an actual melee sorc in D2 (which to be fair, wasn't that great but it was fun if you had the runeword sword with Zeal).
"With great power comes great responsibility" - Stan Lee
07/28/2012 09:55 PMPosted by MrSnaps
Li-Ming apparently got an F on her teleport exams too.

lol!

She didnt get an F man, she didnt hand around long enough for tests, she just got the basics and left.

Obviously they wanted to use a lot of new skills to probably give it a new feel thinking people would complain if it was the same thing reskinned. Honestly though a reskin would have more shelf life.

It would have been nice to see frozen orb, I mean you got blizzard weakened to make sure its not as fun, chain lighting nurfed to make sure its not as fun, teleport nurfed to make sure its not fun, a ton of close range spells, cause every wiz should play at close range.
I was pretty young when playing D2 so I have faint memories. However, I do recall dropping the !@#$ outta some cows with Frozen Orb. -_-
Really if there's a skill I'd transfer from D2 sorc to D3 wiz, it would be the static field.... This would make Wizards so awesome for co-op.
I really enjoyed our Diablo III short story series and I’ll admit that anytime I came across references to lore characters I recognized from previous games, it made me smile. :)

As to why Li-Ming doesn’t have Frozen Orb… well, perhaps she was indeed taught it, but simply prefers to use Arcane Orb instead? A hero has to forge their own path, after all.

If any of you haven’t yet checked-out the Diablo III short stories below, I highly recommend them. If you’ve read them, which were your favorites?

Demon Hunter – “Hatred and Discipline
Barbarian – “Wayfarer
Monk – “Unyielding
Witch Doctor – “Doubtwalker
Wizard – “Firefly
08/14/2012 02:13 PMPosted by Vaeflare
As to why Li-Ming doesn’t have Frozen Orb… well, perhaps she was indeed taught it, but simply prefers to use Arcane Orb instead? A hero has to forge their own path, after all.

Irony Orb rune unlocked...
Frozen Orb shoots out a bunch of powerful freezing shots and slows the opponent down, finishing with a big frozen explosion! Arcane Orb is a boring white, or purple, ball that just does damage. Why would she use AO over FO?