Suggest a Book Series

Movies, Books, and TV
Prev 1 2 3 7 Next
Glen Cook's Black Company series may be one of the coolest series you've never heard of.
Tough guy mercenaries, sword and sorcery type stuff.
The Darkness That Comes Before, The Warrior-Prophet, and The Thousandfold Thought -- R. Scott Bakkar
The Dark Tower by Stephen King
Obviously the Wheel of Time. Can't wait to see what my bond with Rand really means.

Another +1 for ASOIAF and the Timothy Zahn Star Wars books.
The Belgariad really good fantasy, no really, ITS REALLY GOOD.

If your not into fantasy, the millenium trilogy is very good books. Dont know if they are that known in America but really big in Europe.
The Belgariad really good fantasy, no really, ITS REALLY GOOD.

If your not into fantasy, the millenium trilogy is very good books. Dont know if they are that known in America but really big in Europe.

Yeah, it's pretty damn good. It's where I got my name from :p
Oh boy, where to start. I guess I'll start with one of my favorites, The Wheel of Time. Might also want to check out the Mistborn series, and a new series that started recently The Stormlight Archive Book 1: The Way of Kings.

Lots of stuff there for you to explore.

I second the Wheel of Time suggestion, as well as Mistborn.
08/01/2012 12:53 PMPosted by Kaela
I've noticed a lot of people out here love to read different book series. I like books about dungeons and dragons so if anyone could suggest something you feel I should read I'd greatly appreciate it. My two favorite book series are Dragonlance and The Sword of Truth.

Not really D&D, but Stephen King's "Dark Tower" series is excellent and has characters that will grab hold of your emotions.
08/01/2012 12:53 PMPosted by Kaela
I've noticed a lot of people out here love to read different book series. I like books about dungeons and dragons so if anyone could suggest something you feel I should read I'd greatly appreciate it. My two favorite book series are Dragonlance and The Sword of Truth.

The sword of truth was one of my recommendations, here are some more, some older than others.

The Dresden Files - Jim Butcher
The Death Gate Cycle - Margeret Weis and Tracy Hickman
The Wheel of Time - Robert Jordan

That's 3 of my all time fav series anyways.
I would also suggest the Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan and A Song of Ice and Fire by George RR Martin. Really good books, for the most part.

The Eyes of the Dragon by Stephen King is good. Just the one book, though.

You can try the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. They take place in the "real" world, but they are about Chicago's only professional wizard. PS to Butcher fans, Jim tweeted that Cold Days is written, and hopefully we'll get a release date soon.

If you don't mind some humor in your sword and sorcery books you can pick up Terry Pratchett's discworld series. I would suggest reading them in order as there's like 30 books so far, and they all build on one another for the most part. Excellent stuff though. I can't think of a single one of those books I didn't enjoy.
i am another vote for the belgariad. however if you go beyond that and read his books past that you will find he keeps the that series basic formula and it gets rather stale.
Sword of truth series by Terry Goodkind .. book one is 'Wizard's first rule'
Stay a while, and listen...or read about Deckard Cain's search for lost members of the Horadrim.

Diablo III: The Order
Author: Nate Kenyon
The Dark Tower series by Stephen King is the greatest literature in American history. Maybe the world.

You're welcome.
Stay a while, and listen...or read about Deckard Cain's search for lost members of the Horadrim.

Is that good? I just finished re-reading Legacy of Blood, which I think is my favorite of the diablo series books so far.

And spend more money on this game?

HA!

Does the book explain why Cain got surrounded at corner and died to butterflies because he was a craps?

i checked. it doesnt say.