Mouse Lagging in Mountain Lion - OS X 10.8.0

Mac Technical Support
I'm running a i7 2011 iMac. While most of the people are claiming that they have no problem to run D3 on ML, I would like to commit some of negative feedback from my personal experience. Recently I have upgraded my system from 10.7.4 to 10.8. While still running, I noticed a significant performance drop on D3.

But that's still OK. The problem is that sometimes sound starts lagging, and then my mouse just becomes super lagging for a couple of second, and of course you know what it means in D3. So I lowed all graphic settings from highest to lowest, and lowed resolution as well. The problem is still there, but the chance is decreased, which makes the game barely playable. I also tried to disable the sound but that doesn't have too much so I enabled it again. I'm quite surprised to see most of the people are saying they don't have any problem at all in ML. I would never do a fresh install or something so I wonder if OS X 10.8.1 would make it better, or Diablo 3 1.0.4.

Another small issue is that after switching back from D3 to desktop, sometimes hot corners doesn't work. I have to make some changes in Hot Corners in Preferences to reset it to make it work. Dunno if it has anything to do with D3, but worth to mention I think.

Hope everything will be OK in future >.< Now I have to try to farm some lower levels because mostly lagging will cause my char dies much more easily, because random left click always make my char running, and then dead.
This issue is pertaining to Mountain Lion as it's an OSX issue. My mouse jumps around also during other application openings and I have noticed my audio distorts at the same time in iTunes if it's playing when the mouse skips. There is a thread on the Apple discussion boards.

Blizzards problem is the stutter and rubber banding.
It would be great if Apple's already working on it. To my surprise, disable music in game doesn't really help.
rubber banding is said to be hot-fixed now, which helps a little for my barb
hope apple is able to fix the ML issue really quick
I have an engineering case open with apple on mouse jumping and audio cutout.

I assume you guys are also on 2011 iMacs?
Having the same problems on a 2011 iMac i7 after upgrading to Mountain Lion.
I thought it was Warcraft as well, as I upgraded to 10.7.4 right around when 5.0.4 came out. Mouse would stop working in a game. unplugging it and plugging it back in resolved it for a bit.

Running NO applications except console, I get a laggy mouse. So not a WoW problem. I've only had it stop responding in wow. Standard optical mouse (aka no drivers)

I've tried everything under the sun the past 4 days. I am now up to 10.8.2 and still doing it.Glad to see i'm not the only one.. 2011 i5 imac.

Hope I can find a fix. it is doing it right now as I type this.. annoying.

Can't click a flag if you can't click or move :)

**UPDATE** I downloaded SteerMouse and that has solved my laggy mouse issue. Very nice adjustments it has to offer
There is nothing to do about the mouse lag, coz thats what it is. Familiar problem with mac os x which makes it essentially weaker for gaming. If this problem bother you to much, I suggest trying in bootcamped windows. I personally see a 10 fps boost in windows than on OSX and on top of that, more responsive mouse.
Messier, the cursor jumps all over the screen in mountain lion and the audio will tear or stutter. Mountain Lion is the biggest steaming pile apple has released yet. I've had someone from apple call me from the engineering department a week ago as they are just now seeing this as not a isolated issue. So apple says they are working on it, but I'm not giving them much credit. I am going to revert back to Lion soon if not addressed. The Mac platform is quickly becoming a bad joke on multiple fronts and I don't recommend apple stuff anymore. They are only interested in making money. It's pathetic. I used to think vista was bad and that made me switch to a Mac. Apple slam dunked vista with mountain lion. It's 10x worse. I hope apple loses their customer base as Jobs wouldn't have tolerated this.
10/06/2012 07:25 AMPosted by Barrett
I hope apple loses their customer base as Jobs wouldn't have tolerated this

apple is actually dead set on this. The truth of matter is, they are shifting their customer base from desktop to mobile. continue making better mobile devices while desktop ones get worse and worse. Focus their OS ENTIRELY on mobile and social features popular to the mobile crowds and regress opengl performance, crap on video drivers, and add no new apis at all game developers been asking for for years. They are gaining more customers than they are losing by this new focus though, which is why it continues. One can only hope once mobile devices catch up to desktop in computing power, they HAVE to focus on things like gaming again when people realize there is more to gaming than angry birds.
Well, that's just it. While they focus on mobile, that has its own issues. I bought two iPhone 5s and both were scratched. Apple was no help on the phone and I'm now done with them. I also had one of their mighty mice that crapped battery acid all over my desk. They are only giving me a pittance of what the desk cost and I have all matching furniture and the desk is no longer made. But they DID offer to let me spend $400 on the apple store with a apple product instead as it would be easier for them. I said no thanks, I'd rather the check and take the money elsewhere. I hope apple seriously falls flat on its face with iOS devices. Then they can go back to the days of abandonment and let windows regain its popularity. It seems that when apple had something to prove it was the only time they were good. Now they are a lazy company with a shell of quality that is quickly showing its cracks.
Okay i 100% solved my problem with the laggy, stuck,frozen, jumpy mouse. it was a long diagnosis to figure it out. I hope this will help some of you. I have an imac 10.8.2 supplimental update 1.0, which i upgraded from 10.7.3 when i noticed this stuff happening I only upgraded thinking it was a problem with osx. . This will probably work fine for people with 10.7 10.6 etc etc.

to save time here is the short version.

The problem ended up being Carbon Copy Cloner, it makes a clone of my drive everyday. The problem is, After it backs-up the drive, kextcache comes along and scans all the extensions on the external drive and treats it like a boot drive. so it was basically double loading the extensions to this system. The other problem was, I never have CCC delete old files, so it was also reading in extensions that were old, outdated, or previously removed (probably as far back as 10.4).
[ie. old USB Overdrive (and SteerMouse) i uninstalled , was being loading since, it was on backup and not primary).

So basically I deleted my CCC backup, turned off my tasks, and switched to time machine, and rebooted. The directories are gone and kextcache does not attempt to look anymore.

This solved the issue of the laggy, jumpy mouse.

I also discovered after fixing this, there were 2 other issues, the first one is the USB port on my keyboard, DOES NOT play well with the mouse, so directly to the back of the mac is perfect.. this was causing a 'The IOUSBFamily is having trouble enumerating a USB device that has been plugged in. It will keep retrying.' which would cause a hang.

The last reason, there is an open wire in my mousecord, that when turned/bend just right, kills power to the mouse. lol, so this explains the 'freezing' mouse. This also explains why I had a USB power failure at one point , which totally threw me for a loop.

Simple way to test to see if this is the case for you.. Simply unmount/turn off your backup/external drive, and reboot. it is important to reboot.

also found
sudo kextcache -system-caches
seems to work a little. When issuing this before my fixes, it made the mouse less laggy, but still laggy.

No more having to unplug my mouse 30 times during a BG. this mouse lag would cause characters to run and not stop while running. Locking of camera angles, and character running jitters.
Glad it worked for you. No luck here. Audio stutters are also rampant on Mountain Lion.
Can we see full system specs, so I can review this and send this up for investigation? Thanks!

1. Launch Diablo III.
    2. Put Diablo III into Windowed Mode if it is not already in Windowed Mode.
    3. From the system menu bar, select Help > Copy Support Information: http://i49.tinypic.com/33njnzn.png
    4. Paste the contents of the copied system information here (Command-V)
I too have this problem, a comment on what causes it, and a workaround.
Problem occurs in full screen mode when I use the mouse to run by holding down both mouse buttons and releasing then at different times. Noticed that the problem does not occur in windowed mode, but does occur in windowed (fullscreen) mode.
However, in windowed mode, OS X Mountain Lion has a button in the top right hand corner of the window frame to go fullscreen. If I click this, wow is fullscreen and the mouse hangs are no longer present.
This is a bug known in Mountain Lion as well. Whether or not these are two separate issues I'm not sure. But, I installed Lion back on my iMac and the cursor jumps and audio stutters are now gone. Mountain Lion is Apple's windows vista and I'm going to install Windows 7 as I've had it with Apple QC. They don't know what the term stable OS means anymore.