sweeping wind / cyclone, no life on hit?

Monk
can anyone confirm on this? i do see very little in terms of lifesteal, with my 2.8% lifesteal (nerf in inferno) and 50k base dps, the cyclones does less than 20 per hit, really?? i have about 600 life on hit but i don't see anything coming from that.

so in general why does the bars / wiz benefit from theirs when we don't???
This has been very well documented. SW does NOT proc LOH, only lifesteal.
I don't know why they don't give SW a proc coefficient. It wouldn't be any more powerful than Double WW.

Cyclone is getting a .125 coefficient in 1.04 though.
I don't know why they don't give SW a proc coefficient. It wouldn't be any more powerful than Double WW.

Where did you see that?

Where did you see that?

The patch notes were just released
Sweeping Winds getting a proc coefficient is fantastic news for everyone involved.
08/20/2012 08:52 PMPosted by NeckFace
Sweeping Winds getting a proc coefficient is fantastic news for everyone involved.

What does that mean? How will that affect loh or anything for that matter.
08/20/2012 09:01 PMPosted by Shin0bu

What does that mean? How will that affect loh or anything for that matter.

Previously Sweeping Winds never gave you any LOH.

Now, Sweeping Winds has a 12.5% chance to proc LOH every time it hits an enemy...and if you're like me you have a TON of tornadoes hitting tons of enemies.
there's no change to sweeping wind proc coefficient... the "cyclone" you saw is "cyclone strike" aka the skill that pulls in the surrounding mobs

Previously Sweeping Winds never gave you any LOH.

Now, Sweeping Winds has a 12.5% chance to proc LOH every time it hits an enemy...and if you're like me you have a TON of tornadoes hitting tons of enemies.

I see. Thanks for clearing that up. That's what having a "coefficient" means. Cheers. Great!! That's awesome news for me!
08/20/2012 09:07 PMPosted by sayuu
there's no change to sweeping wind proc coefficient... the "cyclone" you saw is "cyclone strike" aka the skill that pulls in the surrounding mobs

THIS.

THIS.

Yupp. I just re-read the notes. It's Cyclone Strike, NOT Cyclone rune on Sweeping Wind. =.=" DAMN! that sux! lol got me excited for no reason.

But at least I learnt what coefficient means. Hahaha.
Holy !@#$, you guys are right.

I'm so sorry, lol. Wow, I suck.
If I remember correctly, Sweeping Wind did at one point proc LoH but suddenly didn't in 1.0.3 patch. Perhaps they thought procs and LoH from it was too powerful?

If so, I find that funny because the Demon Hunter skill Chakram/Shuriken Cloud has a 33% LoH/proc coefficient per hit.

Shuriken Cloud
Surround yourself with spinning Chakrams for 120 seconds, dealing 30% weapon damage per second as Physical to nearby enemies.

Notice it lasts 2 minutes and is otherwise very, very similar.
even if cyclone strike had a proc coef of 1 it would still be useless LOL! damn
If I remember correctly, Sweeping Wind did at one point proc LoH but suddenly didn't in 1.0.3 patch. Perhaps they thought procs and LoH from it was too powerful?

If so, I find that funny because the Demon Hunter skill Chakram/Shuriken Cloud has a 33% LoH/proc coefficient per hit.

Shuriken Cloud
Surround yourself with spinning Chakrams for 120 seconds, dealing 30% weapon damage per second as Physical to nearby enemies.

Notice it lasts 2 minutes and is otherwise very, very similar.

DH's grenades procs loh! and the poison gas from the 2nd wave after explosion also procs loh too! That's crazy! I watched a video on Youtube of this DH who just kept throwing grenades and he was pretty much invul.
I believe Blizzard intended for Monks to use WotHF with Life Steal. That second hit along side 30%+ crit rate? Wow, has to do something crazy.
i feel like singing, "MONK WHAT IS IT GOOD FOR? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING"
08/20/2012 10:32 PMPosted by DEATHLOCK
i feel like singing, "MONK WHAT IS IT GOOD FOR? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING"

wtf you talking about
I'm quite interested in the cyclone strike proc change.