What happens when you hit 100 Paragon levels?

General Discussion
The game goes right back to the way it was....only no more need for MF/GF on gear. The endgame just turns into candyland. No real difficulty as your character has maxed out the stat benefits and by then should be fairly decked in DPS gear. Even the 5x neph buff will seem primitive and almost not needed. Not really a big deal if you have 5 stacks or lose your 5 stacks anymore.

So really....what's going to be different when I hit 100 paragon levels?

Not a damn thing.

What else was there to do when you hit level 99 in D2?
It will take a long time to hit 100, just like it took a long time to hit 99 in D2. It's a good stopgap before we get a real endgame content (i.e PvP)
08/20/2012 12:03 PMPosted by Sevis

Excellent question.
PVP

PvP...? Ladder resets?... Both things this game does not have.
08/20/2012 12:03 PMPosted by krupnik
It will take a long time to hit 100, just like it took a long time to hit 99 in D2. It's a good stopgap before we get a real endgame content (i.e PvP)

How is a non-rewarding/pointless (don't take over towns or land or anything) pvp system an "end game"?

Reroll the class and try a new build.

Replaying any class in D3 is completely pointless.

pvp

in b4 "pvp is coming". real pvp is NOT coming, a contrived arena system is coming.

The game goes right back to the way it was....only no more need for MF/GF on gear. The endgame just turns into candyland. No real difficulty as your character has maxed out the stat benefits and by then should be fairly decked in DPS gear. Even the 5x neph buff will seem primitive and almost not needed. Not really a big deal if you have 5 stacks or lose your 5 stacks anymore.

I'm pretty sure in Diablo 2, the game lost difficulty quickly for every single character I ever made.

Please, stop talking about how you want the game to be difficult. "Difficulty" is not what made D2 what it was, and as seen with the failed Inferno experiment, face smashing difficulty is not something this game needs.
Do it on your other characters? Diablo Fans has leaked exp values for each Paragon level. The last few levels are in the 300 millions of exp per level.

By level 9 every level starts to require more exp then 50-60 combined.
08/20/2012 12:05 PMPosted by LtFaceman

i miss rerolling the class. having a MF javazon for secret cow level herding and bowazon for pvp

Except, the OP is talking about what there is to do on the character that hits 100 in paragon levels, and using difficulty as his main argument.
08/20/2012 12:09 PMPosted by sHockz
i miss rerolling the class. having a MF javazon for secret cow level herding and bowazon for pvp

You can do that in this game if you want. Some builds require different gear so you can either make a second character or just hang on to the gear to switch it up every time.
From Diablofans.com

WillNowHalt on Reddit calculated with 75% NV buff, it would take 1,327,543 mlvl 63 Monsters from 0 to 100

How many of you even have over a million kills right now?
There will be expansions, I'm sure of it.
You really think it's going to be that easy huh? Trust me by the time you hit paragon lvl 100 PvP will be a month away. You farm, just like you did in D2.

GEEZE
Same thing we did in Diablo 2 pinky..

Create a new character!