Shenlongs nicer but could still be better imo

Monk
was hoping for a sweet monk fist set with this new patch....but currently think they're not gonna replace my weapons for more dps imo.
I saw a few really nice rolls in the AH on them, but they were quickly snatched up.

There is hope , just gotta be quick.

I sold the barb helm for 385m, i got gold burning a hole in my pocket for a top end fist myself.

Unfortunately by the time it sold, all the good ones, including one i had my eye on for 300m sold. :/

Which is prob ok, because legendaries are only going to be going down in price going forward.
I am going to try to hold off buying myself at least for a few days.
I would like to know what kind of damage the energy ball proc off the shenlong fists does.

i want the fists just so i can say "KAMEHAMEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!"
none of these will replace my weapons = fail legendaries
08/22/2012 11:22 AMPosted by EmperorMao
none of these will replace my weapons = fail legendaries

Your weapons are above average at best.
lol average at best yeah right. my mace is better then your sword emperor cause it has life steal and just as much dex/dps and your spear while it does nice dps isn't a double crit weapon

fail trolls much? Not even gonna comment on ritalynn's weapons but they're pretty bad

and since you're saying this in defense to the shenlongs please educate me on why i should be upgrading them to the new shenlongs or show me a dps calculator that they'll do more i'm really intrigued now...if they're so good why don't you use them then guys...

ffs *shake my head*

Wasn't even trying to say my weapons were the best just that in "NEW AND IMPROVED LEGENDARIES" I expected more
Yeah your weapons are pretty good, but above average is probably right. You [i][could/i] have 100 more dex on each, and 2-300 more dps a piece. I'm sure they do fine, and you don't need that, but the point is just that hypothetically they could be a lot better.

But, I really hate the tooltips that don't give any numbers. It'd be nice to know how much that blast deals before shelling out millions on them only to find out the blast is something pitiful.
lol average at best yeah right. my mace is better then your sword emperor cause it has life steal and just as much dex/dps and your spear while it does nice dps isn't a double crit weapon

fail trolls much? Not even gonna comment on ritalynn's weapons but they're pretty bad

and since you're saying this in defense to the shenlongs please educate me on why i should be upgrading them to the new shenlongs or show me a dps calculator that they'll do more i'm really intrigued now...if they're so good why don't you use them then guys...

ffs *shake my head*

Wasn't even trying to say my weapons were the best just that in "NEW AND IMPROVED LEGENDARIES" I expected more

You don't seem to understand itemization very well . You're comparing your mh to his oh which is pointless as well. You don't seem to understand that having a very high damage range on your mh (like he does) coupled with a faster aps oh provides a higher amount of cyclones per minute/second/whatever which is based off your mainhand (I believe, correct me if I'm wrong). It also gives you more burst as your mh will be hitting more often for much more than your oh.

I guess you didn't notice the stats on Fist of Legend? You might want to consult the newly updated Game Guide before you start spouting incredibly awful advice/opinions/whatever. A nicely rolled one would probably boost your dps by 5-10k and you'd also gain LPSS, dodge, and armor.
Yeah your weapons are pretty good, but above average is probably right. You [i][could/i] have 100 more dex on each, and 2-300 more dps a piece. I'm sure they do fine, and you don't need that, but the point is just that hypothetically they could be a lot better.

But, I really hate the tooltips that don't give any numbers. It'd be nice to know how much that blast deals before shelling out millions on them only to find out the blast is something pitiful.

yeah thats all good but this wasn't a thread about my weapons it was a thread about how the legendaries still aren't very good which is why i got annoyed. I was hoping to get my weapons upgraded with these new legendaries but since they have to roll a socket on them [the legendaries that is] I'm almost better off just getting new rare ones. Since only one of them has a crit damage roll on it.

ffs *shake my head*

You don't seem to understand itemization very well . You're comparing your mh to his oh which is pointless as well. You don't seem to understand that having a very high damage range on your mh (like he does) coupled with a faster aps oh provides a higher amount of cyclones per minute/second/whatever which is based off your mainhand (I believe, correct me if I'm wrong). It also gives you more burst as your mh will be hitting more often for much more than your oh.

I guess you didn't notice the stats on Fist of Legend? You might want to consult the newly updated Game Guide before you start spouting incredibly awful advice/opinions/whatever. A nicely rolled one would probably boost your dps by 5-10k and you'd also gain LPSS, dodge, and armor.

Those ones are good yeah if they have a socket. I just dont understand why manticore/scorn etc get mandatory sockets and these ones have to "roll it".

The relentless assault while it is nice it should have a crit damage roll on it since everyone knows by now thats what adds dps to your char.

the new shenlongs are better but could still use a bit more tweaking if they're to replace our current rares imo

anyways edited title/original opening statement. im sure once the market gets saturated more better ones will come up
Crystal fist 2 strong

seen one with beast dex and like 1100 dps.
Crystal fist 2 strong

seen one with beast dex and like 1100 dps.

just looked that up. think shenlongs beats that :P

I saw the one you spoke of though its niice but no crit damage or socket tho :(
I like my pair of Shenlongs, I shopped for the perfect combo all day, and ended up fairly satisfied .

Hopefully as time goes on, i see some crit+sockets and ill upgrade. (With similar affixes to what I now have.)
There was a few on bid with insane buyouts, and I didn't feel like waiting only to loose a bid to a sniper tomorrow.

But right now, i'm pretty happy.. the proc is pretty cool, and it procs alot.

Looks kinda like an arcane orb.

The 130 dex, spirit regen, bonus is nice too.

Also my health regen is insane though, i need to drop some LOH/Regen.

So this helps me there, now I can get a strong amulet instead of having LOH on it.

Its pretty crazy though, in Act 3, my life pretty much stays at 100%

Servers are down but I have in the neighborhood of.

1700 LOH
1150 Regen
59 LoSS

Ya, i know i could of squeeze more paper dps, with crit + sockets, probably for cheaper. But I am set up now with alot of flexibility. I wish I knew how much DPS the snowball added, but like i said it did proc a lot . Seemed like every few seconds.

Anyway Im happy, stuff melts, thats all that matters.
Personally I wish they had brought in a good, non-caster legendary dagger. Don't like fists for the slower attack speed, but it's kind of hard to argue with 1300 dps Tarrasque's.

@Masta,

How much damage does the orb do?
is the proc just like another hit (eg. 100%?) and does loh work with the proc?
Cool, nice pair you got Masta.

So the proc is an arcane orb projectile that passes across teh scree for maybe 5k damage? :D
Shenlongs need to roll crit and socket to be good. Looking myself for a pair too.

Did they change their animations or do they look in-game like old Shenlongs (red boxing gloves ffs)?
Shenlongs need to roll crit and socket to be good. Looking myself for a pair too.

Did they change their animations or do they look in-game like old Shenlongs (red boxing gloves ffs)?

im wondering that too
I think people are overeacting that Shenlong needs to improve. Shenlong are one of the better set items to use. Very balance if you think about it.

Even on minimum rolls the weapon is good

470 dex (170+170+130)
10% attack speed
66% crit damage
29.9 Life per spirit spend
658 life on hit
0.33 spirit regeneration

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/shenlongs-relentless-assault
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/shenlongs-fist-of-legend

Overall it gives you abit of everything. Decent damage boost and life regeneration. Offensively and defensively it improves your monk. And if you get lucky on the random properties. Socket and crit damage for relentless and socket for fist of legend. The set will be awesome to use.