1.0.4 Patch Notes Updates

Blizzard Archive
Prev 1 2 3 4 7 Next
08/22/2012 01:53 PMPosted by Siral
Gold Find is shared or not?

I'm wondering this as well... The patch notes say that magic find will no longer be shared but make no mention of gold find receiving the same treatment.

Seems counter-intuitive that the change would be made to one and not the other.
08/22/2012 01:33 PMPosted by Lylirra
Town healers will now instantly heal players when clicked on

I noticed that; was very happy to see that changed. One of my earliest criticisms with D3 was that it took a step back to having us ask for heals like in D1 instead it just happening like in D2.

XD I never publicly commented on this before as I believed it to be a trivial complaint, but I will now since it's been fixed. Yay, ty!
I noticed the new visuals right away on the frozon orbs, it was VERY clear what the safe range was for them now.

Some other things i noticed, was the drop rate of potions upped significantly? I'm just piling them up now.

Yeah I noticed it right away too. I thought that was a great addition!
08/22/2012 01:37 PMPosted by Sammo
Why do you take all our favorite goblins away?

Because it is not in the best interest of the integrity of D3 to have highly repeatable, quick, cyclic runs such as that. Gone forever are the days of teleporting to mephisto thousands of times. ....and I'm glad for it.
08/22/2012 02:27 PMPosted by BurningRope
Because it is not in the best interest of the integrity of D3 to have highly repeatable, quick, cyclic runs such as that
Yet they remove the ability for us to Act hop within the same game...Interesting.
Magic Find and Gold Find will now cap at 300% (Nephalem Valor bonuses will still stack beyond this cap)

Is the cap based on your build alone? i.e. Do Shrines or your Follower add over said cap?

Why give us gold and magic find, rendering gear with the stat worthless.
08/22/2012 01:37 PMPosted by Sammo

I can't believe people played like this. How boring to just hunt down two goblins over and over. It can't possibly be more efficient than doing an Act 1 Elite run.
08/22/2012 02:31 PMPosted by TalRasha

Good drops, but boring. Needed to be removed

Well, that's doing half better than most of the content.

I had fun goblin farming :(
08/22/2012 02:33 PMPosted by Rathelm

I can't believe people played like this. How boring to just hunt down two goblins over and over. It can't possibly be more efficient than doing an Act 1 Elite run.

Actually it was more efficient than doing Act 1 Elite runs. If you had a lot of MF goblins dropped at least 1 rare.
08/22/2012 02:30 PMPosted by Rhox
Magic Find and Gold Find will now cap at 300% (Nephalem Valor bonuses will still stack beyond this cap)

Is the cap based on your build alone? i.e. Do Shrines or your Follower add over said cap?

Why give us gold and magic find, rendering gear with the stat worthless.

Because its not worthless and it gives a reason to work toward level 100 PL. Someone will always find GF and MF useful for some pieces of gear even if its just for an alt they like to play.
What kind of changes were made to the dyes? Specifics?
Oh wow, there are still people playing this game, and happy about instant town healz and changes to dye's...just...wow
Diablo 3 ver 1.0.4

Now with even more hidden footprints!
08/22/2012 02:44 PMPosted by Smaggletooth
Oh wow, there are still people playing this game, and happy about instant town healz and changes to dye's...just...wow

"Instant" town healz were already in the game. They just changed it so you didn't have to click the extra button when you talked to the healer.

You can't possibly be pissed about that, can you?
Is the elimination of tank hunters intentional? I thought you said you wanted build diversity. Is the new "derp hunter" build using trail of cinders as the only damage here to stay? Or should we expect another nerf by the weekend?
The new visuals is rather cool. I noticed it right away with mortars with the little outline on the ground for where they land. Same for frozen orbs. Very nice change.
08/22/2012 01:53 PMPosted by Nero
There's a bug when fighting Siegebreaker coop with a wizard. I was playing yesterday, and every time Siegebreaker would pick me up and scream at me, if the wizard froze Siegebreaker, then he would hold on to me for another round. Every time he gets frozen when holding me, he would keep holding me. It got to the point he held me for a good 30 seconds.

Maybe he just needed a hug...ever think of that? You could have ended the battle right there with a big, warm, fuzzy, caring bear hug and the siege breaker would have joined you in defeating the forces of evil after planting a sloppy wet one on you for good measure.

Way to squander the opportunity and ruin it for the rest of your crew, you insensitive clod.