A Message From Jay

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 143 Next
Jay wilson removed the value of magic find from Diablo. Enough Said.
Let me make this clear for you Bliz, i would have not bought D3 if i didnt play D1 and D2 back 10+ yrs ago. You devs need to stop for a moment and look what you guys have contributed to the sequel, try GOOGLE, it's not hard. David Brevik has all the rights to talk about any games, reason ? try GOOGLE again.

I hope you are aware some of the developers for D3 are from Blizzard North.

and the fact is they are working under JAY. What choice do they have?

If he has any dignity left in him, just resign and see how many game companies will look @ his resume lol
TL:DR
1 apology isn't good enough?

DOUBLE IT!

Saying that, I'd like to apologize to all of you,

how about making a game that is actually FUN to play? :D
Hey man respect for the apology and just some quick feedback since your the go to guy.

Please remove the the debuff where you lose NV when you switch skills its part of the reason I find the game stale at times I need to feel free to explore skills without losing hard NV stacks My mood changes and so does my skills :)

Please increase the player cap to at least 6-8, its more fun in numbers and ALL of my fellow diablo players agree with this and by doing this increase the amount of weaker monsters that spawn so the screen feels like an epic battle field :)

Ultimatly I like the trend Diablo 3 is on with this new 1.04 patch and you can't make everyone happy but you are trying and that makes you the man !

P.S I really feel I connected to you a bit personally when you shared your experience with your life about escaping from the world into the diablo world I know most of us have :)

Peace my friend.
How easily volatile dialogue becomes forgotten. you're still unworthy.

I wasn't sure if I'd be good enough. I'm still not sure. But I felt I had to try.

Let me save you the trouble of the pondering. You're not. Move on. Step aside. Find a different project. Diablo just isn't your bag. I respectfully request you take some of these hints with a fraction of sincerity since your recent behaivior. David Brevik praised the Blizzard North team which does not give you the right to bash him. You weren't protecting and sticking up for people. You were feeding the big ego you all gained over the developmental stage. Yes, leaders of BN bailed out. Most likely out of reasonable circumstances but that is no excuse to hate someone. i don't hate my former co-workers for sticking around in a very unprofessional and silly work environment. Everyone has a set of ethics and principles that they must adhere to. Some of them are more loose than others, but its no reason to hate someone.

Learn to formally disagree and I may reconsider my statements. Half the reason this forum is so toxic is because the moderators don't practice mature, and professional posting. People run amuck because you guys don't lead. Your all a bunch of followers without any skills as a leader. The most accomplished citizen could agree with me.

If I've hurt any feeling with my honesty I apologize.

I was honestly going to write something similar..

is
Here's a fact. You have been posting nonstop since 8am today. I sure hope you get paid for defending them this much. Judging by your profile, I'd say that's very possible.

Which changes nothing about the misinformation players are insistent on spreading despite being debunked over and over and over. Pointing this out doesn't mean I'm getting paid. What you people need to accept and understand is that the opposite of bashing Blizzard isn't blindly supporting it.

Except you do blindly support them. A quick look at your forum history shows that.
WE LOVE YOU JAY!!! YOU ARE AMAZING. THANK YOU FOR DIABLO 3. DON'T LISTEN TO THE HATERS. KEEP ON DOING WHAT U DOING!!
Please make the hit box just on you're character alone. I imagine this would take alot of work, but its soo worth it.

I hate the hit box's and its one of the reasons i still won't play.

I did try 1.04 with my WD, and i kept dying, because of the stupid hit box. (uninstalled after getting 30 seconds of res timer. I refuse to wait to respawn after being annihilated..)

:( ..... And we cant switch act by waypoint still, or by talking to an NPC. This is something that also needs to be addressed.

As well as just 4 players per game.....

But, then again, im not a dev, so what do i know? :(
08/22/2012 05:04 PMPosted by DeadMeat
That "loser" is the reason you even have a job. No apology can fix the damage your senseless comment did, especially after you tried to blame your son. Pathetic.

*rolleyes*

THE DAMAGE! Get a grip.

Did it crit!?
08/22/2012 04:00 PMPosted by Jay Wilson
Later in the development of Diablo II, the 'players 8' command -- which let people set monster difficulty -- was added to address this issue, and we're considering something similar for the next major Diablo III patch to allow players to make up their own minds about how hard or how easy is right for them.

This would go over huge with me as long as the item drops were not dumbed down also.

I don't think there’s a silver-bullet solution to this problem, but I do think we can make this aspect of the game better, and as such we're planning more than just PvP for the next major patch. Not trying to be coy, but we're still firming things up and will talk about this as soon as we can.

Please dont make balances that effect PVE players for PVP sake. I HATE PVP !!!!

The Auction House can short circuit the natural pace of item drops, making the game feel less rewarding for some players.

Still trying to figure this quote out , anybody want to enlighten me ?

Nice apology , lesson learned :)
Hmmmm...I didn't expect you to apologize, Jay. I guess there's more to you that meets the eye.
Kudos Jay.
preddy sure the entire diablo community just successfully trolled jay, i can't imagine any of you were really serious when you asked for an apology...lol

Saying that, I'd like to apologize to all of you, the players in our community. You deserve better than my reaction to Dave's comments. You deserve more honest communication about the game and what we're doing to make it a more awesome experience for us all. We care about Diablo very much, and appreciate your passion for it. Without you, we wouldn't be able to do this, and for that I can't thank you enough.

Hey man respect for the apology and just some quick feedback since your the go to guy.

Please remove the the debuff where you lose NV when you switch skills its part of the reason I find the game stale at times I need to feel free to explore skills without losing hard NV stacks My mood changes and so does my skills :)

Please increase the player cap to at least 6-8, its more fun in numbers and ALL of my fellow diablo players agree with this and by doing this increase the amount of weaker monsters that spawn so the screen feels like an epic battle field :)

Ultimatly I like the trend Diablo 3 is on with this new 1.04 patch and you can't make everyone happy but you are trying and that makes you the man !

P.S I really feel I connected to you a bit personally when you shared your experience with your life about escaping from the world into the diablo world I know most of us have :)

Peace my friend.
08/22/2012 05:06 PMPosted by Kookamunga
Still trying to figure this quote out , anybody want to enlighten me ?

Instead of farming for the loot, you can just buy it, so there's no sense of reward from farming when you can just go to the Auction House and buy it.