Login and Auction House Issues - 8/24/12

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 16 Next
08/24/2012 10:33 AMPosted by Lylirra
Update 10:30 a.m. PDT: We are in the process of bringing all Diablo III servers in the Americas down for maintenance to address issues affecting player login and the auction house system. We currently anticipate that this maintenance will conclude and that all services will be available by approximately 1:00 p.m. PDT (~2 hours of downtime).

Thanks for the update. Take as much time as possible to make this server better than Guild Wars 2
Blizzard did do a good job with the 1.04 patch, I agree; however, it shouldn't take them all day to acknowledge there is an issue with their servers. That is what bothers me. No communication at all.
just when I got my first legendary and getting excited...
Didn't this happen with 1.0.3 as well?
blizzard go to hell with diablo.
Just blame it on AH & RMAH, thats the real reason for online only right?
08/24/2012 10:47 AMPosted by Swiftler
this is ridiculous. was on for server reset, signed out, patiently waited 'til 3:30am for them to come back up, even waited 'til 4:30 in case it took a while longer, and here i am at 1:41pm and it's STILL not working. i don't like complaining about a game or company i like and respect, but come on. what is going on? this is the third or fourth time that the servers will be "up" when i am going to be unable to play the game. making the game solely online is really hurting the gameplay. guess it's time to play some starcraft 2. i'll try again at midnight. PLEASE have the servers up by then.

Just be patient. After today everything will run smoothly. I have to admit though, I am loving patch 1.04. Blizzard has done a great job in my honest opinion. I'm actually happy that Blizzard wants to constantly improve their server and by all means let them.

Working>Not working

The servers were working. Now they're not working.

That's not an improvement.
no dont leave it like that, brainstorm find the problem, schedule a maintenance in the next day then take it down to fix ALL found problems not just one at a time, with server restarts/ maintenance everytime. One big maintenance is better than 50 little 2 hour maintenances imo
another reason why server centralized games being a bad idea when it is not necessary.
I don't use twitter ..never have.. never will ...

isn't this the diablo site not twitter ????

shouldn't info come from here not twitter ???/
08/24/2012 10:48 AMPosted by CyborgChucky
because the servers are their back end for the game its and i am sure they have different systems to check and work on its like a simple reboot someone does on a home pc they have to take the system offline do whatever maintainence they need then check and make sure everything is working right before they bring it back online for use

Unfortunately the problem is that they dont seem to check so the system keeps screwing up. Which is why they have to keep taking the servers down.
2 Hours down!! Great!!!! there goes my dream helm!
08/24/2012 10:11 AMPosted by Azura
Could you probably look into high latency? I am playing in Malaysia and my latency during Diablo can spike up to 2k ping. I need help as this has been going on for a month and I would like to play Diablo 3 badly. Thanks in advanced.

Hi Azura......
am also monk ....care to share probs in dealing hell?......and good weapons advise?
08/24/2012 10:46 AMPosted by Sally
The world does not revolve around the Americas.

No it doesn't, but you could develop a system of rolling restarts (i.e.: shut down the NA and SA servers around midnight [whatever time zone] and then progress through it all until you complete one whole cycle. Granted this would be an all day task, but it would minimize the amount of downtime people would experience during normal hours.).
I actually work for the Newport News Shipyard and work with servers in the same manner that Blizzard does. It actually is a lot of work (imagine a giant room full of giant servers). However, whenever we have a problem at the shipyard and have to bring servers down, we can do it within minutes. I am having a hard time understanding why this is gonna take 2 hours, and why it took 8 hours to notice. Yes you guys have more servers than us and on a larger scale, but the technology is there to avoid these problems.
Holy crap, is punctuation not allowed in this thread? There's some mind-blowing posts. Literally.. make my head want to explode.
2 hour downtime? Perfect for a break.

Funny, there's people who !@#$ talk and said hated the game but still playing it and miraculously posting on the forum, look who is the fanboy now?

And yet they keep coming back for more. Are they all secretly sado-masochist?

I heartily support the two hour break.
Casuals and their complaints. Some of us are still using the same catheter and bedpan from 1.04 release. This is another much needed break. back in ~2h.
zzz