Upcoming Change to Trail of Cinders

Blizzard Archive
Prev 1 94 95 96 99 Next
the're would also probably be less downtime for patches for changing the game around to please all these complaining pansies
Really??!! My FAVORITE thing about my DH your taking away? Its extremely risky to use ToC yet it pays off because its great damage... I am new to D3 and was loving playing my DH like this.. I am very quickly starting to understand peoples frustration with Blizzard on D3. Its fun so leave the !@#$ alone end of story. It is NOT op in the slightest the cost is great as it forces you to get right in the action its fun to vault back and forth and kite through the fire and yet it takes a degree of skill to not get killed... gah!!! Whats wrong with you guys over there?

Furthermore why not just make the rune for ToC jump into the hatred pool and consume some of that also sort of a hybrid rune is that against the rules or something? I have zero problem with that. You see I never played before you implemented this new ToC dmg and didnt even know it was a new thing. Felt perfectly natural to me I built my whole playstyle around this its totally unfair for you to nerf it this hard suddenly because you all had a change of heart.
Another day, another nerf....

But the true question all Blizzard developers want to know is......

How will this push people to the RMAH more?
09/18/2012 09:33 AMPosted by LUNATIK
its because of all the people that do nothing but friggin compalin how thw other toons have it easier than the other if people focused more on their own game than other peopes game than maybe these dolts at bliz WOULD LEAVE the game alone

not true.... how many complaints on Barbs... no nerfs.. just buffs.

Your statement is completely false.

Monk's O.W.E. is way OP. No nerfs to it.

DH is the whipping post of Diablo. they don't want us to take hits... but don't want us to kill quick either. They like picking winners and losers
Dear Dev/Des Team, per my post "thoughts to 1.0.5 from a casual gamer", PLEASE leave ToC alone and at the current damage. Please do not continue to regulate because of "something wasn't designed to be that way", because thats not why we play this game.
We play it in ways you guys never thought of because that's what we are all about, entropic, chaotic, being as creative and efficient as we can to beat the content faster.

There is nothing wrong with this!

Instead, buff all classes to have a build choice to equal efficiency! WW Barb is already there, and longer than ToC for DH's. I cannot stand the monotonous grind of kiting, step shooting, evading any longer, 300+ hours of this crap is enough.
My wife looks like Azmodan.
It's the game dev/designers telling us how we should play this class.
We're to evade, kite, set stupid little sentries and caltrops and spike traps.

The DH is supposed to be a weak melee glass cannon in constant motion without being able to clear content fast.

These guys are the reason why D3 is losing their gamer community bc they think its just another epic game like D2 or WOW. People are supposed to do the same things over and over without their own spiel to it. F THAT!

The trend to buff al classes in 1.0.4 was good, now they go back to bring us in line like cattle ready to be slaughtered - hey DH's, you're not supposed to be fast and strong, you're supposed to be one shot by any phase beast and better run for cover with smoke screen up....oh wait, they nerfed that one long ago, like nether tentacles...

Not hating on barbs, got my own ww barb going and am happy it still works fine in act 3. Bliz, you need to make all classes strong, not keep everybody down! We are your customers, you need us a lot more than we need you!
Why fix something that's not broke? I love ToC the way it is. Nothing like rushing into a bunch of mobs and elites and hoping you have the discipline to get yourself back out before you die, love it and it is great fun. Don't do this Blizzard we are having fun isn't that the whole point?
ToC is just another game play...you can still die even in act1 inferno...I went to diablo in Inferno without ToC, I used Caltraps, Hungering and cluster arrow...but is more funny game play with ToC, no better chance to keep alive.

Caltraps and shadow power (gloom) with be good as well. Just more boring, as I not can choose between two alternatives which works good both. And Elites does not care about ToC, they follow you and can take lot of damage. Cluster arrow was a good deal to go to act 4 in inferno....

Now you just push me back to play old style again, why should that be better as earlier, as I still can die?

But anyway ToC gave me lot of training so with 1.05 I can vault, set caltrap and vault away again...
I don't get why you dev guys have to over do all the time. Ok, it was a bug and not intended. But it gave a whole new option of playing the DH. Changing it to 300% puts the ability back to meaninglessness. 300% is nothing if the ability can be avoided (teleport, range mobs) and it puts you in a risky situation. Maybe 1500% was too much when used with Shadow Power, but at least 750% should have been the way to go.

Compare it to Rend, 700% dmg put on with less risk and it can't be avoided. Nerf that too, kkthx
DH being a glass cannon class, neither has the ability to attack while running away(like barb's run like wind), nor the ability to run away from those fast elites. ToC was that only valuable skill that lets you deal some damage while running for you life. It's not like you have any spare time to shoot back at an elite pack with Waller/Mortar/Arcane/Fast modes.
DH being a glass cannon class, neither has the ability to attack while running away(like barb's run like wind)

Learn to stutter step. That is all.
09/19/2012 09:05 AMPosted by GFRY
Learn to stutter step. That is all.

Put up a vid with you stutter-stepping from fast/tele Demonic tremors. Or even "lowly" fast/extra health scavengers.
the unintended consequence of this "Bug" was that it made for extremely fun and compelling game play.

please don't change it... it's the most fun thing I've found in the game.. and I'm playing everyday because I know it will be nerfed to the ground and no longer usable in a few days.

it's allowed for a different play style... a fun one.. and it not overpowered... I still die all the time.

if you wanna nerf, then nerf nat's legacy set.

Also, it "may" be overpowered for DH's with 100-150K DPS... but for players like me who don't spend hundereds of dollars on gear, it's giving me a chance to fight back instead of just run for my life and die.

So a solution would be to put a cap on the damage output of ToC. Keep it full power until about 80K DPS... and however much damage ToC would put out for a character with 80K DPS, have that be the max damage cap that ToC can do.

That way it's still awesome for most of us... but NOT overpowered for the uber elite DPS builds.
It doesn't make us OP, please reconsider?
This is not WOW I dont understand why you feel you have to mess with balancing classes, Instead why dont you fix the drop rate or the worthless stats on dropped 60-63 gear or every Elite pack haveing the same set of skills how can you justify nerfing toc because it ticks so much but think its ok for an elite to have fire/posion/7 lasers jail and freeze ya?. Ive played all classes to 60 all in inferno mode..how many drops I have gotten for upgrades...2, the rest of the gear Ive had to buy(done with that). This is the same reason I left WOW get use to playing a toon a certian way and BAM you feel the need to nerf it. I understand WOW was a diffrent kind of game that needed balancing due to pvp. but come on..whats it going to be like when you release pvp if you ever do? constant class nerfs and buffs? 1.0.4 I thought wow these guys do care about the gammers they are trying to improve it, and the game became fun to play. My mains not a D/H I started with a wizard til 1.0.3 came out and nerfed the fun outta them. then my monk. and how many things have the D/H been nerfed on now? todays the 19th..I know what Im doing tomorow.
the unintended consequence of this "Bug" was that it made for extremely fun and compelling game play.

please don't change it... it's the most fun thing I've found in the game.. and I'm playing everyday because I know it will be nerfed to the ground and no longer usable in a few days.

it's allowed for a different play style... a fun one.. and it not overpowered... I still die all the time.

if you wanna nerf, then nerf nat's legacy set.

Also, it "may" be overpowered for DH's with 100-150K DPS... but for players like me who don't spend hundereds of dollars on gear, it's giving me a chance to fight back instead of just run for my life and die.

So a solution would be to put a cap on the damage output of ToC. Keep it full power until about 80K DPS... and however much damage ToC would put out for a character with 80K DPS, have that be the max damage cap that ToC can do.

That way it's still awesome for most of us... but NOT overpowered for the uber elite DPS builds.

I just wanted to add that I still lose money playing inferno... repair costs are far more than I make from collecting gold and vendor trash.

it's NOT overpowered unless you've got Nat's legacy or 150K + DPS.

please consider my suggestion, and leave the fun in the game
Please do not nerf TOC. It is a great tool to have. The DH is supposed to be a damage class why shouldn't they have a skill that takes advantage of it? I haven't been using TOC for very long but IMO it is not overpowered. It is a great way to get out of a potential mess with those elite/champion packs.
DH is the weakest (most fragile) class BY FAR.

We die way more than the other classes... let us keep this.. it's the only thing we got.

seriously... you took away Nether tentacles, smoke screen, procs from caltrops, gloom gone soon too.

please, please don't take ToC too.

It may put out a lot of damage but we take a lot of damage using it, and we still die all the time.
08/31/2012 04:43 PMPosted by Lylirra
and in addition creates risky scenarios for players (after all, if you’re incentivized to spend all your Discipline doing damage, it won’t be available when you need it to keep yourself alive with skills like Smoke Screen or Shadow Power).

This is exactly the issue with your approach to many areas of the game. IF IT'S RISKY TO USE, LET ***US*** DECIDE THAT AND RESPOND ACCORDINGLY. I don't need my hand held. Really. I don't.

Obviously, the dev team members keep their kids in full body suits plus helmet and ensure they avoid active play at all costs. Too risky, ya see.