Tal Rasha's set bonuses - Can a Blue reply?

Items and Crafting
Hello,

I would like to get an opinion about Tal Rasha's Sacrifice set bonuses.
I think it is great set but with very weak set bonuses compared to the rest of classes, which is bit unfair. I will try to explain what I mean below.

I mean, what is it with +3% fire,lighting,cold dmg?
This is nothing compared to Witch Docs 'Zunimassa's' or Demon Hunters 'Natalya's', etc ..

C'mon dear Blizzard, please think it over.. lets check about 2set bonus:

How can a 3% more fire dmg compensate with 130int (WD set) or 7% crit chance (DH set)?
Just the fact that Wizard has probably just very few fire skills on a skill bar at time, means WDs or DHs benefit on every skill with their set bonus, and any build they play with.
Even if I run a fire build on Wizard, I can't believe 3% fire dmg is any great benefit, that number is so small that you would notice it only with very high end gear, where on the other hand you don't need such small boost anymore.
Or probably is that intended that Wizards would use also some pieces of Zunimassa's set?
I don't think so.

At the end I see no point in gearing for Tal Rasha's set, because full set bonus gives us 3% fire,lighting and cold dmg at the same time.. which is useless, you never run hybrid builds, you're either fire, lighting, cold.. and arcane.
Yes aswell, Wizards have more than a half of skills 'arcane dmg'! And I am asking, where is a bonus for arcane if this set bonuses are realy intended? Plus don't forget everybody else (ex. mentioned WDs and DHs) are getting benefit from each set bonus as they gear up, Wizard only 1 at a time per set bonus regarding of his build!

So please dear Blizzard, again, can you reconsider and possible improve this set bonuses?
Fire,lighting, cold damage improvements are fine to be random on items (ex. Tal Rasha's amulet), so everyone can choose which Wizard they run.. fire, lighting, cold, add arcane one. This is OK, leave item stats as they are.
But set bonuses should be changed, imagine I am cold Wizard, currently it is too expensive to gear up Tal Rasha for 4set bonus, which is very small boost for that price.
I guess it could rather be something like this:
- 2set: 3-5% all dmg increased, not just fire.
- 3set: add some int, or resists, more attack speed,..
- 4set: increase Arcane Power Regeneration from 2 to 5-10. Remember 2AP/s is nothing when half of best Wizard skills costs 40-60AP (example meteor) and our AP regeneration is so slow that they are not useful without runes which lower its costs, and that means other runes are not used that much on inferno where you require really high cast rate when gear is not best (and probably full of AS).

I hope this topic can get attention, possible a blue can reply, because I believe better set bonuses for Wizard Tal Rasha's Sacrifice set will open a way to new great builds.
Thanks for a reading.
i definitely agree to this, why is the wizard set so weak compared to others ><
O man i couldnt agree more. To be completely frigin honest with you, i think the LEGACY set is actualy better then the new set. Thats PATHETIC. At least the legacy provides some kick !@# MF boosts. This set is completely useless to me and that is a real bumber :-\
I concur with this but I also think that all the legendary sets should spawn the necessary stats everyone needs for inferno, guaranteed considering their low drop rate and or cost on the AH. Who wants to drop 30 mill on a piece that has these kinds of bonuses on them AND it also doesn't come with guaranteed all resist, vitality and intell being the main stat?

Feels like a complete over sight on whomever put this together and it needs to be corrected RETROACTIVELY on all sets and forget that legacy stuff. The Barb set comes with bonuses that are actually useful to them rather than 3% to some skill that you may or may not be using and again 3% is tiny and will not really help you out with what's really needed to get through things in the end.
You don't know how the set bonus works.
I'm not so sure. For a guy like me who runs with Shock Pulse, Blizzard, and Arcane Hydra, I can see the benefit of having a boost to Cold+Fire+Lightning. 2 of my 3 skills would each get a 3% boost, for a total of +6% damage. That's huge. My legendary helm offers +7% to lightening damage, and that's one of the awesome things about that helm.

Edit: I do hope, though, that if they decide to buff the set, that they make it happen retroactively. Who wouldn't absolutely LOVE to get a patch come down the pike that BUFFS their gear?!
09/02/2012 12:44 PMPosted by xNyudox

Teach us please

//
Actually I am not sure if set bonus gives +3% flat elemental dmg to particular skills, or does 3% more dmg as it says, so example Meteor should do 260*1.03 = 267.8%, together with 60*1.03 = 61.8% dmg burning effect.

Still this gain is nothing compared to the other sets.
I'm not so sure. For a guy like me who runs with Shock Pulse, Blizzard, and Arcane Hydra, I can see the benefit of having a boost to Cold+Fire+Lightning. 2 of my 3 skills would each get a 3% boost, for a total of +6% damage. That's huge. My legendary helm offers +7% to lightening damage, and that's one of the awesome things about that helm.

Edit: I do hope, though, that if they decide to buff the set, that they make it happen retroactively. Who wouldn't absolutely LOVE to get a patch come down the pike that BUFFS their gear?!

WRONG.

- Your helm works fine, but by adding flat +7% ALL dmg from portion of your weapon as lighting damage. Benefits all skills!
- your set bonuses doesn't give you 6% DMG! It adds 3+3% increased dmg only to 2 of your skills. If shock pulse does 105%, than wow now it does 105*1.03 = 108.15% dmg.. you better can get some 'source' which gives you 10+% for that skill. Same with your Blizzard.. it does 210% dmg in 6s, ticking each 0.5s, by default. that is 17.5% weapon dmg per tick, with your +3% increased cold dmg set bonus it is increased to wonderfull gain, up to 18.025%. Again you better get an source which adds 2+ more seconds to duration of your blizzard, or better get an item with %IAS, which effectively makes your Blizzard ticks more often and definetly you can gain more than !@#$ 3% cold dmg.And yes, it is only 2 of your skills.. why mentioned example with WD or DH, they both get benefit to everything each set bonus.

You can read up more here, from a blue statement recently confirming this:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6413025317#13

But anyway, even if this set bonuses are all the same, with minor 3% boosts.. this topic is about why are they so weak to other classes sets? Like first 2set bonus from Zunimassa's 130int or Natalya's 7% crit can be compared with 3% "skills" buff from Tal Rasha's set, aswell when especially half of Wizard skills are arcane, or they do physical damage at all.
This is the topic, remember it. I won't mind if sets are equal, this way Wizards have no reason to wear this set.

And Ofc if they make some change, this change should be RETROACTIVELY. Why?
Because we are not discussing item stats which completely random and depend on luck, but on set bonuses which are always same no matter what and drop chance can't change, should be easily change retroactively.
09/03/2012 12:18 AMPosted by Potkan

Teach us please

//
Actually I am not sure if set bonus gives +3% flat elemental dmg to particular skills, or does 3% more dmg as it says, so example Meteor should do 260*1.03 = 267.8%, together with 60*1.03 = 61.8% dmg burning effect.

Still this gain is nothing compared to the other sets.

There is already a blue post, a recent one, explaining exactly how it works. You were just too lazy to look for 10 seconds before you made a post.
agreed, i rather have the old bonus back which adds % to overall physical dmg
the bonus right now is so useless

and to those people above who mentioned the blue post
what the blue post stated is different than this set bonus (READ the the text on bonus)
the old one does add to overall phy dmg but the new one only adds % to the specific element skill (just go read the set bonus before you talk)

There is already a blue post, a recent one, explaining exactly how it works. You were just too lazy to look for 10 seconds before you made a post.

DO you mean this topic: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6413025317#13 ?
I saw it.. and yet I linked it in a post above yours, so who is lazy to read?

Anyway, just it doesn't explain a wording: "Elemental" skills deal 3% more damage ..

Does it mean skill%+3% or skill%+skill%*3% ?
i was talking about the text on the set bonus
see
this is the old one
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/tal-rashas-horadric-crest
'Adds 3% to Fire Damage'

this is the new one
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/tal-rashas-guise-of-wisdom
'Fire skills deal 3% more damage.'

the blue post certainly did not explain for example
Fire skills deal 3% more damage.

which is different than what add to overall dmg
i didn't say you're wrong, don't get upset
my previous post was talkin to others guys who think the opposite of what u think
It is useless end of story. and possibly has no effect if it mechanics works like frostburn gauntlets. However, users "accidentally" get the set bonus cause Relentless Pursuit and Allegiance are quite the godly item. Heck even WD
has more fire skills than us Wizards, which is kinda LOL.

What we want is "Adds +% elemental damage" while using a black weapon.
Not "Elemental skill deal +% more damage" which doesn't matter if it is a black or elemental weapon.
@Loro, I agree with you.. that's a case.. that set has bonuses for everything just nothing which Wizards realy run with..
Yea, i am also looking for a blue reply to confirm this. Because a wizard usually run a certain one or at most two elemental damage, one can rarely benefit from all the bonuses.
I'll one-up the topic of this thread. I think ALL the set bonuses suck majorly, just that the Wizard's sucks the most.

Anyone who played D2 will reckanize. Just think of some of the sets.. Tal Rasha's, Immortal Kings, and so on. They had numerous and amazing set bonuses.. + to skills, + to stats, life steal, % damage (way better than D3 Tal Rasha's), resistances, attack speed, and so on. To top that off, many of the individual pieces would add extra attributes for each additional piece of the set. So by the time you list off A: the attributes per piece, B: the set bonus attributes, and C: the item bonus attributes from synergy, you have a HUGE list of great bonuses. [Just LOOK at the IK set from D2, will ya Blizz???? Did you fools even play the old game???? http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/sets/sets5.shtml]

Even worse, I've noticed that a lot of sets can be "completed" without completing them! What's the friggin point of a "set" if you don't have the "set"?? In other words, the set consists of say.. 5 pieces, but once you have 3 pieces there are no further bonuses to collecting the 4th and 5th piece (aside from their own inherent value).

This is why I don't waste my money on set stuff.. even though it was one of my favorite things about D2. I love the idea of the set.. of pieces when put together, becoming greater than the whole. Unfortunately, you're simply much better off spending 1/4 the gold/money on rares, even though there are a handful of fun attributes unique to sets...
As a wizard I must say yes!! Pls!!
I agree with potkan