Full Analysis of 1.0.5 Changes (By Spell)

General Discussion
1 2 3 24 Next
Continuing from this thread.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6607190979

It capped before I could offer the rest of the spells up for analysis.

Aside from Gloom, no other class spells are going to see a nerf. In fact, you will find increased survivability from them.

Let's break it down spell by spell.

- War Cry | Impunity -

http://i.imgur.com/ZYrA4.png

- Energy Armor | Prismatic Armor -

http://i.imgur.com/aZPb5.png

- Jungle Fortitude -

http://i.imgur.com/0xul1.png

- Resolve -

http://i.imgur.com/OVZI1.png

- Sieze the Initiative -

* 1000 Dexterity
http://i.imgur.com/KhxXA.png

* 2000 Dexterity
http://i.imgur.com/ViIgI.png

* 3000 Dexterity
http://i.imgur.com/7cAmT.png

As you can see, the only spell that's getting a nerf is Gloom. You're gaining a 39% Survivability loss across the board.

As for everything else, you're looking between a 3% and 25% increase in survivability come 1.0.5

The full album is here.

http://imgur.com/aZPb5,nrX34,0xul1,OVZI1,KhxXA,ViIgI,7cAmT,ZYrA4

As far as it stands, 1.0.5 is a collective Buff for almost everyone.

Now, as for the argument against the Monster Power system... Why are we overly concerned with a system that isn't even released? If it's not released, there's no possible chance for it to be nerfed or buffed.

Demon Hunters, Wyatt Cheng has also mentioned they're looking into your passives. The point is they're trying to do away with mandatory skills. Gloom right now feels like a mandatory skill.

HOWEVER, you WILL see a net boost of 25% in survivability elsewhere.

Monks, you're not getting nerfed... stop thinking you are.

Barbarians, you're not getting nerfed... stop thinking you are.

Witch Doctors, you're not getting nerfed... stop thinking you are.

Wizards, you're not getting nerfed... stop thinking you are.

If you would like an explanation of the charts and what they mean, please feel free to find the explanation in my original thread.
Hmm. As a Demon Hunter... my butt starts to feel tender whenever a new patch is near. Let's also not forget they're hitting ToC with an acme bomb.
Yeah Gloom got boned pretty hard.
Droth stop it already. Gawd man do you not tire of the brown nosing and fight picking? You know nothing until you play after these supposed buffs. Your math is useless because it doesn't take things like reflect damage into consideration. So for the love of all that is holy stop trolling.

They really really should take away your green text. Your nothing but a troll. Just so happens you troll for Blizzard.

"fight picking"? Just seems like he likes to debate. Nothing wrong with that. Bring some facts/evidence to counter his claims/arguments.

Let the entertainment ensue.

/popcorn
Droth stop it already. Gawd man do you not tire of the brown nosing and fight picking? You know nothing until you play after these supposed buffs. Your math is useless because it doesn't take things like reflect damage into consideration. So for the love of all that is holy stop trolling.

They really really should take away your green text. Your nothing but a troll. Just so happens you troll for Blizzard.

What about Reflect Damage?

Reflect Damage currently Reflects 20% of the damage back at the caster.

All you would need to do is nerf it by 25% (RD is now 15%) and it is EXACTLY the same as it was prepatch, actually, you'll get more survivability.

These changes will not affect RD if RD is changed as well.
So lets see if I understand what you did.

Take warcry as an example:
Armour/resistance vanues are after warcry right?
old/damage are the figures we take now at those armour/AR combined break points now.
new.damage are the figures we will take at those armour/AR combined break points in 1.0.5
And survivability is the different between then and now with warcry right?

Cause you don't actually say if armour and AR is with or without warcry.

If this correct it actually makes Warcry less effective as you get more geared. Well as a total amount of damage you receive. But as a % of increase in effectiveness it looks to be a nice curve.

That's before Players X changes up things.

Very nice topic. Well done.

And remove your damn post signature. We know you're an MVP (hint the green text gives it away). And you're an MVP of every Blizzard forum. It's just starting to annoy people now.
So is all I would need to do what Blizzard actually doing? You don't know do you. So your math is flawed right off the hop. Not to mention other hidden modifiers we may or may not know about.

Prove me wrong and I might have a chance of considering your argument. However, at this point in time all you're saying is "You're wrong" without giving a solid counterargument other than "Oh, your math is too simple, complicate it some more.

When in fact, I had to write several functions just to do these "simple" calculations.

09/17/2012 02:23 AMPosted by Stoneslammer
As for fight picking you know damn well players are upset as evidenced by your last thread. Any idea why there is a post limit for threads? If I was to guess it is so big arguements don't insue for hundreds of pages. You offer the last thread for explanations of your conclusions so why do we need this thread?

Post limits are there because topics "usually" degenerate into senseless arguments.

However, that thread stayed on topic and didn't stray from the OP. I am simply trying to continue the debate.

09/17/2012 02:23 AMPosted by Stoneslammer
Would it be because you are enjoying the trolling? Rubbing salt in the wounds of upset players? You like to say we need to wait and see the overall outcome of a patch. Well how about you S T F U and take your own advice. You can't possibly know for sure how it will effect us so stop TROLLING already.

I am not trolling. If I was trolling, I wouldn't have any supporting facts to evidence my claim. I would simply just make claims without supporting them.

Yet again, I am not trolling, I'm presenting a logical argument based on mathematical observations. Until your observations can be concluded mathematically to refute my original statements, what you say is null and void.

Please, stop with the ad hominems, they won't work with me. I do not fall prey to logical fallacies like others might.
So lets see if I understand what you did.

Take warcry as an example:
Armour/resistance vanues are after warcry right?

They are raw values, the calculated values are not shown, they are calculated within the functions I have coded.

old/damage are the figures we take now at those armour/AR combined break points now.
new.damage are the figures we will take at those armour/AR combined break points in 1.0.5
And survivability is the different between then and now with warcry right?

Yes, the incoming damages of both are from 1.0.4 applying War Cry to the base values on the left and are calculated as "before and after" values.

The survivability is the percentage increase from 1.0.4.

09/17/2012 02:27 AMPosted by theeighthark
Cause you don't actually say if armour and AR is with or without warcry.

Everything is with the aforementioned spell applied.

If this correct it actually makes Warcry less effective as you get more geared. Well as a total amount of damage you receive. But as a % of increase in effectiveness it looks to be a nice curve.

Yes, that is exactly right.

These changes become less and less effective the better geared you are. IE, if you're currently sitting on a ton of armor or resistance, the changes coming with 1.0.5 will be much less than if you're sitting at a lower mitigational value. In other words, those who are worse off with their gear will see a larger benefit come 1.0.5 in almost all cases.

And remove your damn post signature. We know you're an MVP (hint the green text gives it away). And you're an MVP of every Blizzard forum. It's just starting to annoy people now.

My signature is generated through a script with my Browser. I keep it there since I post on the WoW forums as well. I do not want to confuse people into thinking that I'm an actual MVP for that game.

You're right, my account is flagged as an MVP for all Blizzard forums, however if I decide to post in an OT thread in WoW General Discussion I do not want to confuse WoW players into wondering "Where the hell did this MVP come from?"

I am also providing a disclaimer in all of my posts. A lot of people tend to forget that we are not actual Blizzard Employees.
09/17/2012 02:51 AMPosted by Mith

He can't not do it because the internet depends on it.

lolwut?

Happy now?
Demon Hunters, Wyatt Cheng has also mentioned they're looking into your passives. The point is they're trying to do away with mandatory skills. Gloom right now feels like a mandatory skill.

yeah I see that 25% boost, but we Demon Hunters need a 46% boost to make gloom as good as it is now. And other classes are not the same, we will have to suffer more damage than now.

Well, blz is trying to make gloom not a mandatory skill, just by brainlessly nerf it. GJ, blz.

Monks, you're not getting nerfed... stop thinking you are.

Barbarians, you're not getting nerfed... stop thinking you are.

Witch Doctors, you're not getting nerfed... stop thinking you are.

Wizards, you're not getting nerfed... stop thinking you are.

What about DHs? We get another hit on survivability, while continue to be most glassy class in game (also known as "lol oneshot from goblin fart in A3"). Do you have something to comment on Gloom double nerf? (yes, 4pc Nataliya set is mandatory, battle uptime is 100%, you don't need to have Gloom active while running, but every time you are about to get hit - it's 100% uptime Gloom, even with 3 sec)
yeah I see that 25% boost, but we Demon Hunters need a 46% boost to make gloom as good as it is now. And other classes are not the same, we will have to suffer more damage than now.

Well, blz is trying to make gloom not a mandatory skill, just by brainlessly nerf it. GJ, blz.

Yes, but you are likely to see other buffs. Until we know what those buffs are we cannot assume it's a collective nerf.

Yes, but you are likely to see other buffs. Until we know what those buffs are we cannot assume it's a collective nerf.

D3's track record with DHs haven't exactly been rubies and emeralds. Can you blame us for being reserved in the mean time?

Im afraid some buffs can be considered a "bugs" later and reverted back to unusable state (if they are happend to be as fun as ToC for example). So it's more like "Until we know what those buffs and until we know those buffs are not bugs at the end" :)
others maybe buffed but DH will be nerfed a lot