I would use RMAH to buy set parts if

General Discussion
08/22/2012 04:00 PMPosted by Jay Wilson
But I'm not convinced that we've gone far enough. If you don't have that great feeling of a good drop being right around the corner -- and the burst of excitement when it finally arrives -- then we haven't done our jobs right.

i have a feeling that a good drop is right around the corner.. only the corner is a billion miles long :P

Jay is so full of shiitz
At least youre given a very small chance. A lot of games have items that can only be purchased.
If you buy stuff from RMAH, you`re a cheater, end of story. You`re then no different then the guys who cleared Inferno using Wizard God Mode exploit, or the ppl buying gold from chinese gold seller companies and your even no different than the botters. Also if you use RMAH, you support the potentional death of gamining. Its simple really, games should NOT be Pay2Win.
RMAH is a total disgrace

I have to say, these sorts of posts tickle my funny bone. First and foremost you cannot be 'cheating' when the feature is built into the game and is, in fact, within the 'rules' of the game. You may have your own personal set of morals regarding fair game play but newsflash, that has nothing to do with me.

You sound like a child.
RMAH makes this game feel like Evony.
I have to say, these sorts of posts tickle my funny bone. First and foremost you cannot be 'cheating' when the feature is built into the game and is, in fact, within the 'rules' of the game. You may have your own personal set of morals regarding fair game play but newsflash, that has nothing to do with me.

You sound like a child.

Of course it's not cheating in Blizzard's terms, but it is cheating in a way, cause anybody can be goldy, you just have to be stupid enough to spend a few hundred dollars on one item (the game costs 60$ and people pay 250$ on only one item...). The game is about grinding, so when you pay with money, you bypass your way to the end game. Real fun I imagine... I'm getting tired of seeing these goldy characters on forum, when most of them probably just spent 1000$ for it. They are sooo good.
A fool and his money.... buy elite gear on the RMAH. Other than maybe bananas, I cannot think of a commodity one could buy that loses value as fast as a Diablo III item.

But hey, if you're looking for a way to turn a $200 investment into $20 in 3 weeks, who am I to argue?
So much jelly, where is my peanut butter?

I think that the average gamer is disconnected with the reality of a good income, and limited time. See, I have been a gamer for years; decades. Now, I have two mortgages, a wife, a daughter and a dog. I also have a well paying job, and so does my wife. Spending even $1k on _any_ form of entertainment is fairly trivial at this point.

So, make all the accusations you want about money spent; its moral and rational implications. Meanwhile I will be enjoying the hell out of the game.
A fool and his money.... buy elite gear on the RMAH. Other than maybe bananas, I cannot think of a commodity one could buy that loses value as fast as a Diablo III item.

But hey, if you're looking for a way to turn a $200 investment into $20 in 3 weeks, who am I to argue?

Yes, and I might spend $30 bucks on a single drink at a bar; that drink is gone in a matter of minutes and it certainly does not retain value.

Spend $30 on a Diablo item and use it for months.

Say it with me, ENTER-TAIN-MENT.

Yes, and I might spend $30 bucks on a single drink at a bar; that drink is gone in a matter of minutes and it certainly does not retain value.

Spend $30 on a Diablo item and use it for months.

Say it with me, ENTER-TAIN-MENT.

This from a guy who doesn't understand the difference between a commodity and a consumable.
09/20/2012 10:01 AMPosted by Ramminar
This from a guy who doesn't understand the difference between a commodity and a consumable.

No, this from a guy who understands that in terms of entertainment, there is no distinction. You are the one who thinks an item bought is an 'investment'. I think it is a way to enjoy my character; period. Not looking for any value beyond that.

You can try all you want, does not change a thing.

*edit* btw, neither of us is going to win...not sure if you heard, but no one wins on the internet. None-the-less, it is fun for me to read the responses. Keep them coming.
$20?? LOL. You guys should see how much they want on the RMAH for set items. It's $250 for a crap IK chest alone.

So, make all the accusations you want about money spent; its moral and rational implications. Meanwhile I will be enjoying the hell out of the game.

In the end, it's all that really matters, if you have fun.

09/20/2012 10:07 AMPosted by Asadian
$20?? LOL. You guys should see how much they want on the RMAH for set items. It's $250 for a crap IK chest alone.

Yes lol
id rather buy a little gold here an there than FARM FOR HOURS UPON hours of playing this game.... i have a life,wife,job, and kids that require my time also
@badpathing

NICE stuff man
If you buy stuff from RMAH, you`re a cheater, end of story. You`re then no different then the guys who cleared Inferno using Wizard God Mode exploit, or the ppl buying gold from chinese gold seller companies and your even no different than the botters. Also if you use RMAH, you support the potentional death of gamining. Its simple really, games should NOT be Pay2Win.
RMAH is a total disgrace

What are you blathering about?

It's a single player game (with grouping optional).

Who the f*** cares if you pay to win? It's hurting exactly no one.
09/20/2012 10:03 AMPosted by BadPathing

No, this from a guy who understands that in terms of entertainment, there is no distinction. You are the one who thinks an item bought is an 'investment'. I think it is a way to enjoy my character; period. Not looking for any value beyond that.

You can try all you want, does not change a thing.

*edit* btw, neither of us is going to win...not sure if you heard, but no one wins on the internet. None-the-less, it is fun for me to read the responses. Keep them coming.

Where do you go to buy $30 drinks?
Where do you go to buy $30 drinks?

lol, this speaks volumes.

To put it simply, there are finer spirits than Boone's Strawberry Hill.
Paypal Warriors = noobs