Affixes based on ilvl of monster

General Discussion
Prev 1 11 12 13 17 Next
09/29/2012 07:44 AMPosted by Brathearon
I am just concerned that act 1 will be the farming spot everyone will choose. The enemies there are just mechanically easier than anything else in the game.

I don't agree, enemies look easier because we outgear them most. At MP1 and above when all the acts in inferno becomes equal, farm where ever you want.
ok so it means, ilvl 61 items can roll ilvl 63 item if the monster lvel is 63 (MP lvl 1+) ? am I right?
09/28/2012 11:09 AMPosted by Gadra
if blizzard was doing this w/ real goods/services theyd be in jail in no time for bait and switch practices. its pretty fricking morally wrong how they keep altering the game so much and devaluing peoples gear they payed money for into the ground. but i guess if your moronic enough to pay real money for fake game weapons and armor you deserve this.

um yea, since they are the reason the game is messed up in thE first place. If people didn't throw real money into a fake game than D3 would have stayed a gear grinder and the drops would have been fixed, people would be able to gear up their toons without an AH need and D3 WOULD BE AWESOME.
09/28/2012 10:56 AMPosted by Lylirra
Among the many topics in this thread, I wanted to ask if there has been any additional word on the jewelry affix topic?

Confirmed. In 1.0.5, rings and amulets can roll level 63 affixes.

What about offhands, in particular sources, mojos and quivers?

As a side note I think it only logical to add 63 affixes to legendaries as well. Otherwise any legendary below ilvl 63 that doesnt break itemization i.e. lacunis with as/ms and the witching hour with cd/as will quickly become redundant

so they better think again about legendaries cause those who bought them didnt spent little gold like the rares...
unless if they can let us somehow enchant old legendaries only to be like the new or else a company cant change so often items worth 100s of euro

If you buy a car and the manufacturer comes out with a new/better model and your car depreciates do you get all pissed off because you spent money on something you wanted at that time and it was the best available? You can if you like but it doesn't make the company wrong for improving their product.
Crafting change would be nice. Don't think it needs ilvl changes for anything but the legendary recipies. What I would like to see is more affix type control over crafted. Not asking for perfect rolled gear everytime, but I don't think its too much to ask to be able to increase the chance of gear rolling one particular affix out of 4~6.
b
09/28/2012 07:16 PMPosted by DoomBringer
MP is nice and all, but if the increased difficulty does not match increase rewards, no one in their right mind would play it. The game is about getting loot.

False. This game is about slaughtering hordes of demons.
09/29/2012 11:48 AMPosted by Fantomex
MP is nice and all, but if the increased difficulty does not match increase rewards, no one in their right mind would play it. The game is about getting loot.

wth are these hordes at ? most of the time u got a lousy 3 mobs running at you at once? hordes are like 20+? the only places you see this sorta mob clusters is act 3 underground.

And why do you slay hordes of demons?

To get loots. Otherwise, I'd just go on normal difficulty and slaughter them without any effort.
09/28/2012 01:47 PMPosted by LordSpanky

On the PTR currently, an item's level will determine its base DPS and armor stats, and the monster's level will determine the level of the affixes that roll on the item. There is an exception to this, though:

If an item's level is higher than the monster's level, the affixes will roll at the item's level instead. We felt this was an important exception to make, because players farming Act I of Inferno without any [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6712831240?page=1"]Monster Power[/url] may still get ilevel 62 and 63 items from sub-63 monsters, and we want to make sure that those items are still good.

(Edit: Legendary items, vendor items, and crafted items from the Blacksmith are also an [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6679558918?page=3#56"]exception[/url].)

Correct!

Monster level is capped at 63 right?

If so, then getting Ilvl 63 items are apparently the same in the PTR no matter where and from whom they drop. Since base dps and armor are based on Ilvl and the rest of the stats are based on monster level only if the ilvl is the same or lower than the monster level, and monster level is capped at 63, then all properties of all level 63 items are potentially the same no matter where they come from.

Right?

Right ??
09/28/2012 11:12 AMPosted by Anuhart

Confirmed. In 1.0.5, rings and amulets can roll level 63 affixes.

And the next tier to...

CriticalD IX Deadly Critical Hit Damage Increased by (61-65)%
CriticalD VIII Deadly Critical Hit Damage Increased by (56-60)%
CriticalD VII Deadly Critical Hit Damage Increased by (51-55)%
CriticalD VI Wicked Critical Hit Damage Increased by (46-50)%
CriticalD V Wicked Critical Hit Damage Increased by (41-45)%
CriticalD IV Wicked Critical Hit Damage Increased by (36-40)%
CriticalD III Brutal Critical Hit Damage Increased by (31-35)%
CriticalD II Brutal Critical Hit Damage Increased by (26-30)%
CriticalD I Brutal Critical Hit Damage Increased by (20-25)%

...is 66-100% ???

For real?

'coz crit really needed a boost, didn't it?

Ok for real for misinformed people, These ARE NOT RARE RINGS OR AMULETS
THESE ARE 63 LEGENDARY RINGS AMMYS THAT YOU CRAFT from doing uber bosses(the bosses drop crafting materials
so yes 61-100 cd on an amulet and 10 cc. But that can only roll by having monster power lvl 10 activated, which means 5% of th population can obtain these rings which which means they will cost 800mil to a bilion gold so the 62 rings 4.0 30 cd will still hold value because only the rich can afford these godly rings and new amulets. Monster power level 10 is insane i do 184k dps no ss and will not e abe to do it until i gear up more
uber bosses 120 mil hp on MP 10 that wil take 10 minutes to kill at 184k dps, this will b fun
theres also a hellfire ring that is account bound so how will taht effect markets?
Many of the best set amulets/rings are level 62. Since we can roll level 63 mods on them, will those be pushed to level 63? For example: duncraig cross right now caps out at 650loh or so, will that go up to 959 loh and 10crit chance (random mode) and 45 MF?

False. Game is about farming loot.
so since everything in inferno at mp1 regardless of acts is lvl 63 except goblins lvl 61, means all item affix's from inferno mp1+ will be lvl 63 rolls. But goblin drops will be lvl 61 rolls ... seems to me that makes killing goblins a waist of time as the loot will most likely be junk compared to other stuff

And the next tier to...

CriticalD IX Deadly Critical Hit Damage Increased by (61-65)%
CriticalD VIII Deadly Critical Hit Damage Increased by (56-60)%
CriticalD VII Deadly Critical Hit Damage Increased by (51-55)%
CriticalD VI Wicked Critical Hit Damage Increased by (46-50)%
CriticalD V Wicked Critical Hit Damage Increased by (41-45)%
CriticalD IV Wicked Critical Hit Damage Increased by (36-40)%
CriticalD III Brutal Critical Hit Damage Increased by (31-35)%
CriticalD II Brutal Critical Hit Damage Increased by (26-30)%
CriticalD I Brutal Critical Hit Damage Increased by (20-25)%

...is 66-100% ???

For real?

'coz crit really needed a boost, didn't it?

Ok for real for misinformed people, These ARE NOT RARE RINGS OR AMULETS
THESE ARE 63 LEGENDARY RINGS AMMYS THAT YOU CRAFT from doing uber bosses(the bosses drop crafting materials

No, numbers are right for the ammy. Rings get secondary version and will peak at 50% though.