KEY drops should NOT

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 14 Next
09/26/2012 12:05 PMPosted by Carlucio
I agree with the op, Blizzard said they wouldn't make us think that PM is more than optional.

+1.

5 stacks of NV is fine, but not MP10 for 100% drops.

Should be:

mp1: 20%
mp2: 40%

etc. with 100% at mp5
in short what i would like to see

reward all players that have collected the keys to open all portals by making organs 100 % drop chance regardless of the MP lvls, but perhaps increased drop chances instead for better items for the higher the MP's is set to (etc at monster power 10 only rares, set items or legendary items would drop of the übers, so that people who invested the time for killing the übers, at MP10 know it is worth it

make keys drop like they are now for Monster power 10 players feel it is worth it to stack valor buff. (reason for keeping valor buff of 5 stacks required is to not overload the server with games being left and new created to fast)
09/27/2012 02:12 AMPosted by Phoenix
5 stacks of NV is fine, but not MP10 for 100% drops.
I'm not fine with 5 stacks either because it now makes NV a mandatory part of the game. The only reason NV was needed to begin with was a crappy fix for people who couldn't spec MF and because the Drop rates are too stingy without it. Now it's evolved into some magical power that is required for a Monster to drop a key, and for harvesting organs. o.0 It's just a bigger time sink, which is something this game does not need any more of.

Blizzard needs to learn how to patch in more FUN, not more boring mechanics.
I just got key's from Act 1 & Act 3 on MP 2 with 183MF (5NV). In one sitting, after act 1 I quit and jumped to act 3.

I had previously done about 15 Act 1 key runs (getting 5HV and heading straight to the warden), there aren't enough monster when u want them, I found it easier heading to the Festering Woods and then heading back the Fields of Misery for it.

I don't like the idea of the higher MP level the better chance. The NV stack requirement is acceptable. I feel this farming for keys, then farming ubers all for a ring won't effect the endgame too much. It already feels worn.

The prize for the ubers needs to be a certainly aswell, otherwise it just feels too much wasted time for little reward. I would like to suggest that the Ring prize be rotated every week to a different Prize. I liked the idea of giving us another slot on our bodies to put prizes.
hey a friend of my calculated chances for each Mp's with 5 stacks valor buff

"calculated chance for doing each warden 1 time and übers 1 time also for each MP + ofc plan 1 time also"
if MP1 100/10/10/10/10/10/10/10
1 0,00001 % 10.000.000 runs
2 0,00128 % 78.125 run you should make
3 0,02187 % 4572 run you should make
4 0,16384 % 610 run you should make
5 0,78125 % 128 run you should make
6 2,79936 % 36 tries run you should make
7 8,23543 % 13 run you should make
8 20,97152 % 5 run you should make
9 47,82969 % 3 run you should make
10 100 % = 1 run you should make

(pathetic chance if you ask me, too rewarding for those at lvl 10)

Note it is the chance to get all at 1 try
I think that having the changes to drop keys/organs increase with MP is kinda lame. Id rather see keys being a chance at all MP levels and organs being garunteed at all MP levels. To add some incentive to higher MP levels, maybe add a change for an infernal machine to drop (with higher changes at higher MP but never garunteed ofc).

As it stands it just seems like a very hard thing to do at low MP levels while very, very, very rewarding at max level.
it should be affected by magic find, not MP level

for example, if you're a high paragon level (70+) but can only manage MP6 comfortably you should be able to get a key drop almost every time in MP6

and having it be affected by magic find would still give you a greater chance of getting a key on a higher MP because of the MF benefits from MP

ALTHOUGH i do agree that it should be 100% drop on MP10 just for the amount of time it takes you to get 5 stacks and kill the keywarden... effing forever

in regards to organs though, it should be guaranteed every time despite your MP level

just like d2... because if you can't handle MP10 ubers and you spend hours getting the keys to make a portal, you could come out with nothing at all... which is pretty retarded if you ask me

I totally agree. I feel that organ and key drops should be based on Magic Find percentages, as opposed to Monster Power level. Where a certain amount (i.e 500% MF) would guarantee a key or organ drop. This would create a solution to the majority who feel MP10 is ridiculously difficult already, and provide a reward for those who have invested in magic find gear, yet still do not see an increase in key/organ drop rates.
it should be affected by magic find, not MP level

for example, if you're a high paragon level (70+) but can only manage MP6 comfortably you should be able to get a key drop almost every time in MP6

and having it be affected by magic find would still give you a greater chance of getting a key on a higher MP because of the MF benefits from MP

ALTHOUGH i do agree that it should be 100% drop on MP10 just for the amount of time it takes you to get 5 stacks and kill the keywarden... effing forever

in regards to organs though, it should be guaranteed every time despite your MP level

just like d2... because if you can't handle MP10 ubers and you spend hours getting the keys to make a portal, you could come out with nothing at all... which is pretty retarded if you ask me

I totally agree. I feel that organ and key drops should be based on Magic Find percentages, as opposed to Monster Power level. Where a certain amount (i.e 500% MF) would guarantee a key or organ drop. This would create a solution to the majority who feel MP10 is ridiculously difficult already, and provide a reward for those who have invested in magic find gear, yet still do not see an increase in key/organ drop rates.

yeah

either that the mf thing that can affect the drops (would make it much more amusing for the higher MP players and still rewarding for the lower geared players) or that organs is 100 % drop chance no matter what

the only options there is as i can see is:

- drop chance for organs 100 % and then leave keys to the drops like now
- drop chance for organs and keys the same ( though the part with organs will feel unsatisfied)
- drop chance where organs and keys gets decided by MF
- a fixed drop chance for both key and organs no matter what, but with higher loot rewards for higher MP
3. If you are worried about people farming keys in a lower MP and going to a higher MP to get uber bosses, then how about a simple solution: Each key/organ/etc. remembers the MP that it was obtained in. To let players experiment with their MP for a bit, let's say that if you have a key/organ, etc. It will work with things up to 1-2 MP levels higher (perhaps 8,9 and 10 would be an exception depending on how worried you are about this.) but the portal and resulting bosses you make would be the average of the monster power levels of the keys and organs used. (all 9, MP9, 1,3,2,2 = MP2, 1, 3, 5, 4 = wouldn't work, 5 and 4 are more than 2 above 1, etc.)

You are no longer forced to play on higher monster levels to reap the rewards of the new event. People who play on MP 10 get the same chance as people who play on MP 1-- the already elite won't necessarily progress any faster than those who still need to "gear up" they have the same chance as everyone else. It is fair especially if these MP10 uber bosses drop more rewarding loot than the MP1 bosses. Otherwise why would you be so worried about lower MP key farming? The higher MP players still get their better reward, but now they just get it at the same rate as the little guys.

To add this,
Let's say a drop rate chance of 50% for all the rings no matter what is the MP level.

Then, once you got the keys, and kill the ''uberboss''. The drops from the Boss , would scale to the current drop rate of the key. So Higher chance to get a key, lower the chance of drop for the mats. (But let's nerf MP 10 level drop rate)

Like this, we play the game more evenly and actually enjoy the game.

Pros: It feel much less boring
Does not change much

Cons:Only high player would complain

For me, that's the best trade-off here
Give a key at MP 0.

Give a chance at more keys to higher MP, that way neither party feels ripped off.

Keep the pattern drop the way it is.

Make organ drops 50% below MP5, and 100% at 6 and above, with the exception of 10.

If you really want 10 to mean more, give it a chance to drop multiple organs.

What these changes would do, is give a reason to do this on MP10, without making it feel required.

We all know people will just be selling infernal portal openings to scam anyways.
after thinking about this, i need to add one thing for sure.

keys still random and unfrequent all mp levels, yes
tradeable keys and organs, yes
organs however, only person with 100% guaranteed chance to get organ should be the one who used the machine to summon the ubers, everyone else should only have like a 10-20% chance of getting an organ.

oh, and IMO NV should NOT be a requirement at all, for anything.
I like that drop rates are affected by MP.

What I'm finding now is that MP3 is about the most efficient place for me to farm gear and XP. But, somewhere around MP5 is the most efficient place for me to farm keys. I'm guessing that MP8 - MP9 will be the most efficient place for me to farm organs. This is good because it means I have a reason to do more challenging content.

If drop rates aren't affected by MP then I would most likely farm keys and organs at MP0 - MP1. Boring...
What I feel the drop rate should be.
MP0 1% chance of dropping.
MP1 5%
MP2 10%
MP3 20%
MP4 30%
MP5 40%
MP6 50%
MP7 60%
MP8 70%
MP9 80%
MP10 100%
Given how powerful the ring is you can make from the Infernal machine I agree with Blizz's decision to make it harder to get. Honestly that ring is freaking powerful you shouldn't be able to get it in a half hour playing normal that would just be crazy bad balance.
09/27/2012 07:36 AMPosted by MASKOAA
Given how powerful the ring is you can make from the Infernal machine I agree with Blizz's decision to make it harder to get. Honestly that ring is freaking powerful you shouldn't be able to get it in a half hour playing normal that would just be crazy bad balance.

Yup you got it.. I actually think its to easy already.. needs to be harder. Key should only ever drop on mp5 or higher, or extremely harder in lower ones something like this.
Mp1-4-5%
Mp5-10%
mp6-30%
mp7-50%
mp8-70%
mp9-90%
mp10-100%+legendary drop, or something along those lines.

Make the gamer more challenging not easier.
09/26/2012 12:02 PMPosted by Lylirra
I don't want to weigh in on the current argument of whether or not drop chances should be affected by Monster Power level just yet.

Does this imply it is NOT affected by MF?
Does anyone know if you need 5 stacks for the Act IV infernal machine plan to drop? And what about MF, does it help?
Organs should be a 100% drop, key droprates should be less affected my mp, uber boss fights shouldn't be possible below some difficulty.

If uber fights aren't supposed to be a gear check then I don't know what is.
I'd say keep the rates for finding keys the way they are now (seems about 30% at ML3 and its 100% at ML10), but make organ drops guaranteed, OR make key and organ drops affected by MF, that way the higher the paragon level and ML the higher your chances are.

The way it seems now, players who can only play at a ML of 2 or 3 would have a much harder time getting the keys and organs needed.

If ML2 is a 20% chance at a key, taking out good/bad luck you would be looking at this....

1/5 runs gets a key, so to get 9 keys you would theoretically have to do 45 runs (15 for each act).

So after doing 45 runs of getting a 5 stack of NV and killing the required enemies you can open each portal ONCE.

If the chances of getting organs follows the same pattern, you only have a 20% at each organ as well at ML2. So you would have to repeat the previous process 5 times, which adds up to 225 runs of getting 5 NV stacks and finding the enemy who drops each key. That's 1125 elite kills needed to get the stacks.

This is assuming no good or bad luck either way, but what happens when no organs drop or you get two of one organ but none of the third one needed?

Anyone who can only play on ML2 is probably in that situation because they are either new or don't play very much. So why should someone who is already capable of completing the ubers on ML10 have guaranteed drops of keys AND organs while someone who is struggling with ML2 could take forever just for a chance to roll the new ring?

The ring is account bound, so what is the argument against making it fairly accessible to everyone?

TLDR:
-Keep key drops the way they are now (seems about 10% chance for every ML)
-Make organ drops guaranteed or be affected by MF% rather than ML.
-The ring is account bound, why do better geared players care if those struggling at lower levels acquire one as well?