Halloween Event?

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
With Diablo 3 fitting in well with Halloween why not have a special Halloween Event? Have some new pets people can get, pumpkins around, maybe special monsters perhaps a pumpkin head monster etc.
I would like this, but I'm pretty sure people would just rage and say there are more important things to focus on.
I'm pretty sure people would just rage because having a halloween event is so MMOish.
I would love it if they did this. Whether its MMOish or not it doesn't change the fact people like to see it in-game. Even for Christmas etc. Bring it on Blizz!
I'd be down for a cool novelty drop, like a ring that summons a horde of pumpkins
I'd like something as well, but I don't think Blizzard planned anything. Maybe next year.
10/23/2012 02:47 PMPosted by spheresword
but I don't think Blizzard planned anything

Blizzard plan?
Blizzard isn't the planning type of company...
10/23/2012 03:03 PMPosted by Ajarat
but I don't think Blizzard planned anything

Blizzard plan?
Blizzard isn't the planning type of company...

How ignorant can you be?
come play WoW
Everyone knows that Halloween is not just a one day event.

Evil is everywhere.

It is global. It is perpetual.

For what is light without darkness?
What do you think this is? A $15 dollar indie game like Killing Floor?
why is it so hard to grasp the fact that this isn't WOW.
10/23/2012 04:12 PMPosted by Sonic
why is it so hard to grasp the fact that this isn't WOW.

Why is it so hard for you to stop comparing everything to WoW? Other games in other genres do things for Halloween. Did I say it was required or expected? No. I find it hilarious that people oppose things that add flavor to an already great game. Seems to me most of these people lost sight of fun and treat this game as if they were forced to farm 24/7 with the most "efficient" build. Such serious business! =)
I don't think D3 should ever do events. I very much enjoyed how D2 was pretty much autonomous from Blizzard other then the patches.
They'd better come up with something like
http://diablo.incgamers.com/gallery/data/585/artwork-vday-03-large.jpg

or at least getting decard cain a nice santa hat.
At least he deserved that.
RIP Swaggajack.
Missing your "Identify all button" for ever.
While we are constantly working to improve Diablo III, we have no plans to add temporary holiday-themed events at this time.
10/23/2012 06:26 PMPosted by Vaeflare
While we are constantly working to improve Diablo III, we have no plans to add temporary holiday-themed events at this time.

cant even give the barb a little santa hat and coat?
pets? I think the style of this game already fits the Halloween theme.
10/23/2012 06:26 PMPosted by Vaeflare

:(

I was thinking that you guys could add a portal that spawns in Act4 right before Diablo that takes you to a revamped Chaos Sanctuary to fight some truly Horrendous monster from the bowels of the Burning Hells

All you need is the correct Staff of Herding and all the Pages from that ship in Act2

~Regards
A Rampant AI~
:(