DUPING destroying whats left of this Econ!!

General Discussion
As you know gold prices are on freefall, currently around 60 cents per mil (US server) as i write this. It's declining by the day and will eventually bottom out at 25 cents/mil

Everyone is assuming that this is due to players leaving the game in droves day by day and dumping their gold...This isn't completely the case. The population has actually stabilized a bit b/c chances are if you haven't quit by now then your probably gonna be staying

Whats really happening is Radiant Star Emeralds are being duped. This started happening on the asia servers; radiant star emeralds are being sold for 3 million there currently...Thats 12 million less than the actual crafting costs alone....

Now the duping is occuring on the U.S. servers. Emeralds prices are plummeting. We're currently at 10mil for a radiant star emerald...making it almost the cheapest gem in the game. You can input quantity in AH and see 200 THOUSAND RADIANT STARS were listed at these prices alone. The Dupers are selling these like candy, and then dumping the gold from these sales via the RMAH causing gold prices to plunge....

When gold Hits 25 cents/mil there will be massive inflation and anyone who doesnt use RMAH will not be able to buy anything at all without it

There is no denying the Duping now...check the AH, all other gems are maintaining value, but Emeralds prices are down more than half. They are the target b/c they were the most expensive gems in the game, and duping gems is much harder to detect than items since gems are basically all the same.

EDIT* I"m going to address to some of these responses

To people saying that these gems are being found and crafted by bots
Really? It costs 15m to use the artisan alone to combine from Squares->radiant star EXCUDING TOMES...your telling me 200k of these gems are being listed at once and being sold for loss of milllions

To people saying its Rmah/gmah manipulation

Prices is both auction houses are dropping. If it was buying from one and selling to the other then prices in would would increase. Instead there is a decrease in both indicating someone is injecting a ton of emeralds into econ.
I don't even pick that junk up off the ground anymore Lol. I just run right past 1k+ gold piles. With most good peices going for well over 100M I would be wasrting my time going out of my way to pick it up. Better to just invest in gear that will retain value.

I would say Investing in Gems is also a very good idea...but with hackers now controlling the printing press on certain gems it seems kinda dumb.
Glad we had to lose a single player variant so that Blizz could keep duping and hacking under control.

What. A. Joke.
Yea the gold has failed, O/C theres duping this is a Diablo game, I wouldn't be surprised of OP glitched items start popping up.

6 socket windforce here we go!!!!!!!!!
Can't wait to have a Windforce with 600% crit dmg.

Yes but blizzard guarnteed us game would be secure, especially with all the real $$ flying around. They need to fix this right away and more people need to be made aware of what is happening.
There are a ton of people still walking out based on what they are reading with patch 1.05. Then there are a ton of people threatening to leave if it goes through.

People are still leaving in droves and you have to realize something.. the vast majority of players on here aren't carrying items worth selling or have enough gold to sell either. Most don't have 1 million to their name.

Blizzard claims there are hundreds upon hundreds of thousands playing each day.. but how many of those are botters? How many of those accounts running are owned by the same person?
There are a ton of people still walking out based on what they are reading with patch 1.05. Then there are a ton of people threatening to leave if it goes through.

People are still leaving in droves and you have to realize something.. the vast majority of players on here aren't carrying items worth selling or have enough gold to sell either. Most don't have 1 million to their name.

Blizzard claims there are hundreds upon hundreds of thousands playing each day.. but how many of those are botters? How many of those accounts running are owned by the same person?

Yes i know people are leaving. As you mentioned most of these people dont have millions let alone even 1 radiant star gem. The point is that people are attributing the falling gold/gem prices to leavers but its not the case. Its Duping and it needs to fixed asap to save whats left of this already sad econ
why cant they dupe items so we usual players have finally a chance to get good items for a realistic price :/
09/29/2012 01:43 AMPosted by CrniVuk
why cant they dupe items so we usual players have finally a chance to get good items for a realistic price :/

It's probably some process that works on stackable items. making gems a prime target. They are also easy to store since you can stack 200 gems in place of 1 armor piece/weapon and easier to sell since u can list as many as u want. Also its alot more obvious if a duper had 100x Immortal king armors with exact same stats.
09/29/2012 01:43 AMPosted by CrniVuk

Duping a flawless star gem then making a radiant star gem should yield a different item number. If that is the case, then gems will never because they will gave a different item number.
uh is gonna be long weekend until monday, they probably could fix it on monday but too bad, i guess the damage to the economy in 2 days will be huge.

Yes i know people are leaving. As you mentioned most of these people dont have millions let alone even 1 radiant star gem. The point is that people are attributing the falling gold/gem prices to leavers but its not the case. Its Duping and it needs to fixed asap to save whats left of this already sad econ

22 of those gems are mine. scrub
Radiant star emeralds on the EU server are still at 22 million+. No duping here.
lmao pretty terrible theory with even worse logic and zero facts to back it up. poor guy