Blizzard, a serious word regarding meteor

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 17 Next
10/03/2012 04:09 PMPosted by Tenshard
Liquify will still do the trick if you want meteor as a pure survival skill. You will need to invest in a little max AP to layer the land with 3 of them at a time, figure it out, its not rocket science.

That is some nice build diversity there so you are destroying the other runes like was already done with energy twister.
With that logic, you should've nerfed barb to the ground in 1.0.4 while working on a way to balancing barb in 1.0.5.

Not to mention Meteor itself is not that commonly used. I feel bad for all the wizards out there including my friends.
i dont see why they nerf everything and not the root of the problem

CM says chance to reduce cooldowns by 1 second <--- key word chance this implies cm has its own proc rate NERF IT! dont take away other things like loh apoc stuff like that

your excuse for nerfing proc rates for new legendaries are unacceptable, as well most of them say chance to "something" again key word here is chance <nerf that chance

all skills should have 100% proc rate no hidden mechanics

to fix loh so its not super op and still has a proc rate change how its applied on weapons/armor something like
35% chance to heal 945 life on hit
25% chance to restore 10 arcane power on crit
knock back, slow, freeze skills like this the % u have on armor and weapons should be the precentage that they actually do what it says, REGARDLESS of what skill i pick to use to deal damage

if for instance i have 50% crit chance, 50 out of 100 attacks that come from me (not a pet sentry hydra stuff like that) should be a crit!
if for instance i have 50% chance to heal 500 life on hit (post changes above) i should heal for 500 life every other hit or at least averaged out to every other hit could be twice in a row or more

put something like this on critical mass 33% chance crit hits reduce cooldowns by 1 second
same thing on night stalker for dh's, crit hits have a 25% chance to restore 1 discipline

by putting proc rates on skills you force us to use the skills with higher proc rates
instead of giving us set % on things, like LoH, APoC, CM, Nightstalker, knockback, freeze on hit, and many other procs on hit goodies
barbs face rolling mp10 and new content, wiz confirmed broken not being fixed till future patch......................................................................................... glad I have better games to play.
procs is what make game fun........... d3 = NO fun proct in d3 0.0125 ......
You are doing it wrong... at some point EVERYTHING the character has at his/her disposal SHOULD be OP and make you feel like you might be breaking the game... don't you see that... idiots!

That said, skill synergy isn’t where we want it to be for wizards at the moment, and we’re looking at ways to improve that for the future.

My 41 paragon levels thank you. I'd rather not reroll; knowing there might be light at the end of the tunnel gives me hope

It's a bunch of bullcrap if you ask me, doesn't give me hope. Makes me think my Wizard will be absolute crap for all of 1.0.5, and then maybe some time in the distant future they will decide to revert some of these ridiculous over-nerfs or change the class entirely so it doesn't suck. But, not in 1.0.5, we have to endure 1.0.5 being the crappiest class.
Hidden proc rates on individual skills are bad design. Plain and simple.

Mechanics should NOT be hidden, and if I get an item with +freeze on hit % (which is usually incredibly SMALL), it should affect all my skills equally.

Blizzard's solution is one unifying "proc rate coeffecient", which affects everything like +freeze on hit, +stun, and +loh. There's a problem there.
10/03/2012 02:19 PMPosted by Krypton
Everyone who is complaining about nerf to APOC and wanting every spell to be free should realise there are signature spells for a reason.. There are a whole set of spells that are not as good as otehrs but are free to use when arcane power is down (which is how it should be). Learn to use a signature spell instead of wanting to just explode things non stop. People want a challenge but then they want to be able to kill everything in one second with never running out of AP. Games too easy as it is, I love nerfs.

you do realize that the other class with a set of "free signature type spells that don't cost resources" deal way more dmg and BUILD that resource naturally without using a specific rune or a extra passive slot...
In other words. CM is the only viable build rite now and they do not know what to do about it outside of nerfing it and making wizards sub standard. I stopped logging in a while ago. You won't trick me again Blizz. Your nerfs helped me quit Wow which I actually had to pay for each month. This game you already have my 60 bucks but I have spent 0 on the RMAH. I will also not be buying the expansion because Blizzard is treating this game like an MMO instead of an action rpg. I am done with MMOs and nerfs.
10/03/2012 04:29 PMPosted by Raiden
In other words. CM is the only viable build rite now and they do not know what to do about it outside of nerfing it and making wizards sub standard. I stopped logging in a while ago. You won't trick me again Blizz. Your nerfs helped me quit Wow which I actually had to pay for each month. This game you already have my 60 bucks but I have spent 0 on the RMAH. I will also not be buying the expansion because Blizzard is treating this game like an MMO instead of an action rpg. I am done with MMOs and nerfs.

Exactly, although I have fully read this blue post several times and I do understand there is a new PTR build coming tomorrow and it could "rebalance meteor" yet again. To put it bluntly As a long, Very Long dedicated blizzard aficionado(read passionate gamer) the Company is on the thinnest of margins for me right now.
While the proc coefficient on Meteor and its runes is indeed being nerfed, this change really should be viewed within the full context of the patch. Patch 1.0.5 not only introduces [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7155884/Developer_Journal_Defensive_Bonuses_and_Monster_Damage-9_14_2012"]changes to defensive bonuses and monster damage[/url], but also the Monster Power system, and [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7100052/Developer_Journal_Crowd_Control_Changes-9_5_2012"]numerous crowd control improvements[/url]. Combined with the Meteor’s lowered AP cost and decreased delay between cast and impact, these changes made it so Meteor was more appealing to everyone, which is fine. But they also made the skill extremely efficient (in fact: too efficient) to get Critical Mass procs and 100% CC uptime. Efficiency is good, but there needs to a balance. The skill is still very strong, so the tuning on its proc coefficients will hardly trivialize Meteor builds, and we anticipate that it will be brought back to roughly where it is currently in patch 1.0.4.

That said, skill synergy isn’t where we want it to be for wizards at the moment, and we’re looking at ways to improve that for the future. The sort of changes we’d like to do are more involved than simple numbers-tuning, though, and they weren’t able to make it in with this patch. But are we absolutely working on them.

wow first blizzrd reply to latest round of wizzard nurfs. ill give yea some advice we only want to be able to farm M10 as fast and effectient and dieing jst as often as an equaly gear WW barb untill u find an alternate way for us to do that i sugest u leave the wizzard nurf off the table because even with constant stun lock we cannot kill as fast as a barb can. even if we can stay alive most of the time we still get killed especialy to ranged mobs so back track on all the proc nurfs until u come up with an alternative or nurf barbs so they cant do Mlvl 10 either. im not top geared wizzard but i have seen many barb with cheeper gear then me simple cake walk M10. PS unless u up the proc co on archon spells alot there is no way archon will be viable in M10 unless u scale archon damage so we can kioll as fast in m10 as m1 because the usefulness of archon at the moment is entirely dependant on killing boat loads of mobs and that jst cant be done on M10. at least not without over 500k dps anyway
I am glad blizzard finally came clean, about the real reason behind the coefficient nerfs! The true goal is to reduce 100% CC uptime, not because legendary procs are too powerful. Although, meteor only really produced 100% CC uptime with multiple mobs, and
50%+ crit chance. In addition, Meteor actually would murder me on reflect damage mobs, because my LoH is too low...

Lets hope Blizzard fixes our class and other classes, before we all start playing barblo 3. I am pretty sure blizzard is worried we would 100% people in PVP, which lead to a lot of the nerfs as well.
10/03/2012 01:16 PMPosted by Kalix
admit they want CM removed.

Just do this imo.

OR nerf it. Set the maximum that a cool down of a spell can be reduced by to 50%.
Eg, cool down on frost nova with cold snap is 9 secs, make the max CM can reduce it to 4.5 secs.
Effectively kills the perma freeze/diamon skin builds which, let's face it, is what they are trying to do. But means they can stop nerfing everything else.

This sounds perfect, curing times in half would be nice enough to use CM, but would eliminate the crazy builds. I really liked 1.04 meteor, I was using molten, but with APOC going down the tubes it'll just be unusable... Even at JUST 50 AP
so whats the plan for wizards?

nerf the absolute hell out of them in this patch, and try and make them fun again in the next patch?
10/03/2012 04:14 PMPosted by OpenWound
barbs face rolling mp10 and new content, wiz confirmed broken not being fixed till future patch............................................

Saw that on utube. Makes me vomit.
so whats the plan for wizards?

nerf the absolute hell out of them in this patch, and try and make them fun again in the next patch?

That sounds like blizzard's plan. Basically, either play a barb or don't play at all until patch 1.0.6, assuming that patch fixes our class.
That said, skill synergy isn’t where we want it to be for wizards at the moment, and we’re looking at ways to improve that for the future

So then why don't you take out the junk spells, and runes and gives us something that could actually work. And I'm speaking of things that are constant, or direct damage. Things that are random or % chance, they just don't hold up. The random and % chance spell I speak of is the Arcane Torrent Death Blossom, totally useless.
10/03/2012 01:35 PMPosted by Vaeflare
The sort of changes we’d like to do are more involved than simple numbers-tuning, though, and they weren’t able to make it in with this patch.

Vaeflare, not trying to be difficult here, but the quote above simply does not make LOGICAL sense... its almost like saying:

"Changes are more involved than number-tuning... but that's what we'll do anyway.. so you need to play your class with rushed changes until we get to fix them properly"

If you cant do it right straight away because of time issues, for goodness sake just DON'T do it at all...