Blues - Please Add This Respawn Ability

General Discussion
1 2 3 12 Next
Highly Rated
Please allow us to place our banners on the ground while clearing dungeons and if we die we can respawn at our banners location.

I am so sick of getting killed toward the end of a dungeon and then getting respawned at the very beginning and having to run "forever" back to where I left off. There is already a timed respawn if we die a lot. We don't need additional time put on based on how far we have progressed.

This would be a pretty cool feature for those of us who want to use it. If you don't use it, things can just work how they are now. I cant think of anything that this would interrupt.

Thanks for your considerations.
Agreed
Agreed

+1
Agreed, good idea sir.
10/08/2012 05:05 PMPosted by JeanCoutu
+1
That, and I really have no reason to throw down my banner. I hardly even know/care what it looks like.
agreed.
agreed
What does dropping the banner even do currently?

+1 to your idea
how easy should this game be? (for solo esp)
why dont you guys ask for god mode while you are at it? spawn at banner... why bother spawning at all?
no penalties for being bad or playing a difficulty that you arent geared for... i think you guys need to play TL2 instead thats apparently where the real fun is
While we're on repawns... why does the Monk respawn with less than max spirit?
10/08/2012 05:28 PMPosted by mars
no penalties for being bad or playing a difficulty that you arent geared for

And how does this penalty play out in multiplayer? What's that, you get revived in place and don't have to spend five minutes running back to where you were? There are already penalties for dying, and if having to run back was supposed to be one of them, it would exist in multiplayer. Why? Because the developers have said several times that they consider this game to be fundamentally a multiplayer game and single player was just charity for people who couldn't keep up with the times (second part paraphrased). The penalty isn't for dying, it's for playing single player.
10/08/2012 05:48 PMPosted by Butz
no penalties for being bad or playing a difficulty that you arent geared for

And how does this penalty play out in multiplayer? What's that, you get revived in place and don't have to spend five minutes running back to where you were? There are already penalties for dying, and if having to run back was supposed to be one of them, it would exist in multiplayer. Why? Because the developers have said several times that they consider this game to be fundamentally a multiplayer game and single player was just charity for people who couldn't keep up with the times (second part paraphrased). The penalty isn't for dying, it's for playing single player.

its very possible for a whole team of 4 to wipe at a set of occulists for example
just because the difficulty is nerfed to craphouse atm doesnt mean that this mechanic would not work in multiplayer in .05

either ways its a decent point, and i do agree on promoting multiplayer play
That's a neat idea. I like the idea of respawning where we place banner sigils.. I never see anyone using them.... EVER. It's like it's all for show and has no use, and that's a fun feature but even cooler if we could put it to use
how easy should this game be? (for solo esp)
why dont you guys ask for god mode while you are at it? spawn at banner... why bother spawning at all?
no penalties for being bad or playing a difficulty that you arent geared for... i think you guys need to play TL2 instead thats apparently where the real fun is

Having to run through an area to get back into the action does not increase difficulty. The timed respawn is the death penalty for people who keep dying. If you are good enough to clear the dungeon then you should be able to get back to the action.
Bump for likes...
Here is a perfect example... I am doing the Zoltun Kulle quest and I am on the 1nd Terminus called "The Unknown Depths" and I am working on a champion pack at the end of the area after I completed the quest. I died and I respawned in town and had to run all the way back to the end of that area to complete the champion pack that I almost had killed.

The point is - we have no control over where we respawn and sometimes we get into predicaments where our respawn location completely screws us. Give the players some control...
Bump