Bug or? Can't change tooltip on ground bindin

Technical Support
Please see the below conversation with tech support. Anyone have comments on this? Can blizzard fit this in the next patch? I would very much like to be able to set this binding to my mouse making it easier to look over item on the ground fast etc

My issue is this. I wish to change the key bindings for "show item tool tip on ground". By default it is set to control. When I go into options, key binding and look at this option, cntrl is greyed out and it doesn't give you an option to set a secondary button.

Is this a bug, or is this just something blizzard set? How can I set a different button for this option?

Please pass this along to the appropriate department if need be. I do appreciate it! Thank you so much and its a great game.

Sean Ratchford

8/30/2012 9:50 AM

Customer Service Representative

Greetings "Sean"

I wanted to begin by thanking you for your patience.

I wanted to take a moment and follow up with you regarding your key bindings issue.

I checking on the game and i do see that this is one of the options i do see myself that is greyed out. it might be one of those buttons that you may not be able to adjust or change in the game. Ill post this to our higher ups to see if i can get a soild answer about it. In the mean time i highly recommend making a post on the D3 tech forums about this or on the bug forums to see if you can get any blue posters to provide any feeback on this.

I do hope this answered your questions and concerns. If not, please respond to this ticket or you can call directly by phone at 1-800-592-5499 7AM - 8PM Pacific Time.

Steven S.
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment