Wicked Wind Tick Rate and Breakpoints

Wizard
Prev 1 9 10 11 25 Next
I don't really have to improve my CC by 5 CC at once like Aimless does, lol 1.5B.

I would really appreciate if anyone can point out the difference between 2.74 and 3.00 assuming 2.74 has 1 higher CC. I do not think that 2.74 can beat 3.00 anytime soon (the number of twisters generated with 3.00 is huge), but if the difference is not too much, 2.74 is ok since I can achieve significantly higher DPS with 2.74
I don't really have to improve my CC by 5 CC at once like Aimless does, lol 1.5B.

I would really appreciate if anyone can point out the difference between 2.74 and 3.00 assuming 2.74 has 1 higher CC. I do not think that 2.74 can beat 3.00 anytime soon (the number of twisters generated with 3.00 is huge), but if the difference is not too much, 2.74 is ok since I can achieve significantly higher DPS with 2.74

I have around 600 loh. @2.74 aps and fighting against reflect damage elites (without white mobs), you will see your life dropping faster than you'd like (not instant death though), to a point where you need to drink a potion or just stop dealing damage. That's with my current resist and armor.

@3 aps it feels much more relaxed fighting against reflect damage elites. 600 loh is enough to compensate with about the same armor and resist all (my mempo has lower armor but higher resist all compared to my tal rasha head piece).

With 2.74 aps, you have more room to tweak your gear though to make it match or even better 3 aps. That's what's I'm trying to do now. After that, I'll make a decision whether I go for 2.74 or 3 aps.
I agree with HolyTed. At 3.0, reflects don't seem to "hurt" as much as with 2.73

I'm at 800 LoH btw. At 2.73, it sometimes doesn't proc enough to recoup life from dmg.
I agree with HolyTed. At 3.0, reflects don't seem to "hurt" as much as with 2.73

I'm at 800 LoH btw. At 2.73, it sometimes doesn't proc enough to recoup life from dmg.

Hmm maybe it's because I use Pinpoint all the time so I don't notice that Reflect is a problem. What MP are you in though?
Hey, I didn't read every post, so I'm sorry if it's been already asked, but does that mean that we gotta get rid of our critical hit dmg to get high ias + high cc ? Do we have to still keep a moderate amount of it or definetly max ias and cc as a priority ?

I'm asking this for me, so no, I can't just get good trifecta ammy/gloves, way out of my budget, so the question would be "do I have to get ias + crit gloves/amulet, or should I keep my crit + dcrit" ?
@judlapampa: Your aps is very slow right now at 1.39. You do very good unbuffed damage in terms of crit. damage, but you're overall similar in damage to my wizard (mine being 59.5k and urs 61, according to diabloprogress.com). However, your tick rate is 18, compared to say mine at 30. That's actually a huge difference if you're counting on CM/LOH/APoC.

I'd argue your weapon is REALLY holding you back. A 1-h spear is just too slow. If you're a fan of crit damage and life steal, I'd actually look for a good Slorak's Madness with Life Steal. Else I'd look for a Chantodo's Will with Life Steal, Crit Damage, or a Socket (and you get 9+ APoC). For example, with the slowest Slorak's Madness out there you'd improve your APS to 1.79 and move yourself to the 23 Tick BreakPoint. You'd be likely in the 24 Tick breakpoint with Chantodo's Will (or better).
Hey, I didn't read every post, so I'm sorry if it's been already asked, but does that mean that we gotta get rid of our critical hit dmg to get high ias + high cc ? Do we have to still keep a moderate amount of it or definetly max ias and cc as a priority ?

I'm asking this for me, so no, I can't just get good trifecta ammy/gloves, way out of my budget, so the question would be "do I have to get ias + crit gloves/amulet, or should I keep my crit + dcrit" ?

Yes. You don't need CD for this build. CD is the last thing you should consider, after finish gearing everything else.
@judlapampa: Your aps is very slow right now at 1.39. You do very good unbuffed damage in terms of crit. damage, but you're overall similar in damage to my wizard (mine being 59.5k and urs 61, according to diabloprogress.com). However, your tick rate is 18, compared to say mine at 30. That's actually a huge difference if you're counting on CM/LOH/APoC.

I'd argue your weapon is REALLY holding you back. A 1-h spear is just too slow. If you're a fan of crit damage and life steal, I'd actually look for a good Slorak's Madness with Life Steal. Else I'd look for a Chantodo's Will with Life Steal, Crit Damage, or a Socket (and you get 9+ APoC). For example, with the slowest Slorak's Madness out there you'd improve your APS to 1.79 and move yourself to the 23 Tick BreakPoint. You'd be likely in the 24 Tick breakpoint with Chantodo's Will (or better).

Seems like my profil is getting some time to update itself, I changed my weap, and also a ring and my belt (these two aren't really important here).

I have a 1059 dps sword (250~intel and a socket, no lifesteal unfortunately) with 6% ias, so it's a 1.48 weap, granting me 1.72 aps, if i understand all this right, i should get a little as asap to get the 23 ticks breakpoint?

I have now 79k dps (won 12k dps just changing my weap, for only 14m, didn't think i could get a upgrade like that !), but I'm still struggling getting a good permafrost, overall when the machine is launched I'm pretty unstoppable but sometimes I have big trouble getting that cycle going (playing on MP4 atm btw, and still dying too much for me, even tho I have such bad luck on affixes :<).

So to sum it up, I should replace my gloves and amu to get crit/ias, and maybe some AR or LoH if I find a good deal ?
@Jujudlapampa: That's great! And short answer is yes to your question.

Definitely the faster you are, the better you are at freezing enemies. I can very easily keep 2-3 elites frozen, but it's still hairy at the last one. MP4 is very easy at my level and MP5 is just fine So I'd wager with your nice DPS, you can sacrifice some for more attack speed and streamline your build. I definitely like having LoH and Lifesteal myself, as well as APoC.

How are you doing there on Arcane Power regeneration? At your slower speeds, I might suspect you're having some problems if you're unable to stack twisters on large groups. My understanding is that less than 2.5-2.73+ aps (or more), the pros are suggesting close to three sources of APoC. I've been doing fine at two sources, but I'm making up for it with Diamond Skin (Prism). I occassionally still run out, but I've been doing great so far.
My arcane power regen is not great, but it's more comfortable that it was when i had 0 APoC :P
I often start a cycle, and I notice my nova just won't reset, so I just tp out, and retry 2-3 seconds later, in the worse case I just die, but when the first two twisters make CM proc, I have no problem, sometimes there are some downs, but it's fine. Though, I have to wait to have some twisters out to start spamming chain reaction, unless I just run out of AP and blow up my permafrost.

I guess I'm struggling a little in MP4 because of that, I'll try to get some more AS and crit.

Thanks for your answers !
Hey again, sorry to spam more this thread, but I have a question for those who use diamond shards rune on diamond skin.

I saw on several guys profiles that they had diamond shards instead of crystal shell, after some research I found out that it blows up when refreshed too, seemed pretty cool to me, so I gave it a try, and it's pretty awesome, I removed chain reaction (I can't really spam it anyway with my low APoC) and gave slow time a try, until now, it's been pretty good.

Though, I'm sweating VERY VERY hard against reflect dmg elites, while I didn't even notice with crystal shell, the loss of 10k absorb on the diamond skin seems kinda deadly against this affixe, is that the case for you too ?
Hey again, sorry to spam more this thread, but I have a question for those who use diamond shards rune on diamond skin.

I saw on several guys profiles that they had diamond shards instead of crystal shell, after some research I found out that it blows up when refreshed too, seemed pretty cool to me, so I gave it a try, and it's pretty awesome, I removed chain reaction (I can't really spam it anyway with my low APoC) and gave slow time a try, until now, it's been pretty good.

Though, I'm sweating VERY VERY hard against reflect dmg elites, while I didn't even notice with crystal shell, the loss of 10k absorb on the diamond skin seems kinda deadly against this affixe, is that the case for you too ?

This depends upon the MP you run, and whether you use energy armor or storm armor.

Basically, in order to run shards, you need high unbuffed AR and Armor. A popular build in 1.04 was (and for many still is) shocknadoshards: storm armor with shocking aspect and diamond shards. If you want to run shocknadoshards, you want to aim for a minmum 700ish unbuffed AR (I prefer 800) and at least 4000 armor though you really need 4500 to 5000 armor to make MP6 feasible (5500 Armor would be closer to ideal, but hard for me to attain).

If you are running shards with energy armor, you don't need as much unbuffed armor but you might struggle with stacked elemental damage--damage that crystal shell does a lot to mitigate.

This depends upon the MP you run, and whether you use energy armor or storm armor.

Basically, in order to run shards, you need high unbuffed AR and Armor. A popular build in 1.04 was (and for many still is) shocknadoshards: storm armor with shocking aspect and diamond shards. If you want to run shocknadoshards, you want to aim for a minmum 700ish unbuffed AR (I prefer 800) and at least 4000 armor though you really need 4500 to 5000 armor to make MP6 feasible (5500 Armor would be closer to ideal, but hard for me to attain).

If you are running shards with energy armor, you don't need as much unbuffed armor but you might struggle with stacked elemental damage--damage that crystal shell does a lot to mitigate.

Not necessary with the minimum AR nor ARMOR acually. I do mp6 with 2.9armor, 450-500AR, Shocknadoshard build and i'm fine with reflect. HP are always full.
Sticky this plz!

I thought of trying to get back to energy armor, but I don't know if it's such a good idea, shocking aspect is pretty awesome, and helps a lot in the permafrost process (I guess :<).

I'm playing in MP4 atm, didn't try higher yet, and haven't any problems with that shocknadoshard build but the reflect dmg elites, once I have 4+ twisters, my life is going up and down.

Anyway on those elites I just try to dps 1 or 2 at the same time, and it's ok so far.

Not necessary with the minimum AR nor ARMOR acually. I do mp6 with 2.9armor, 450-500AR, Shocknadoshard build and i'm fine with reflect. HP are always full.

You must have mad skill.
if I want to make 36 ticks, I need 2.73 or 2.74 aps ?
10/20/2012 10:51 PMPosted by Simon
if I want to make 36 ticks, I need 2.73 or 2.74 aps ?

2.7378 = 36 ticks

You must have mad skill.

I run with 2.67speed, 65k hp, 1.1k LOH, 30apoc on mobs
and 2.52speed, 80k hp, 1.6k LOH, 30apoc on uber or act3 warden.
armor and ar are able to migrate with HP and LOH.