Rate the monk above me part 4

Monk
Prev 1 6 7 8 26 Next
That's a real nice ammy there, as well as a lot of pickup radius! I'd suggest a witching hour for your next upgrade.

Just looked at witching hour and unless i sell my ammy in trade forms there is no way i could afford 1. Pickup radius comment got me a bit confused.

@Pegususus, Another monk who has ignored attack speed, works with everything. LOH, LS, DPS.
Got skipped again even though I critiqued 2 people in last post.

Already rated oldman in last thread, so I'm taking this chance to jump in line for some advice about next thing to improve.
@BlackLotus
I'd say upgrade your gems, and maybe get a WKL instead of axe.
Otherwise, if you could find yourself a GG SOJ, elites would be easier.
Got skipped again even though I critiqued 2 people in last post.

Already rated oldman in last thread, so I'm taking this chance to jump in line for some advice about next thing to improve.
Uh... dye your armor red, it'll be three times as good.

I don't know man, you're kind of at the point where I imagine any upgrades don't come anywhere close to cheap or easy. 1000 resist all, 50k+ hp, and the other defensive stats makes me think you're pretty solid there. Some "+X% damage to [element]" affixes would boost the damage of your Echoing Fury by a bit. That or try to work in some more crit damage, couldn't tell you where though.

Edit: Here's me, since I like my WoW avatar. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Zypheit-1748/

Edit 2: Marleyzs, try to get some boots with +movespeed on them. It's something I didn't think much of until I actually started using a pair.
@BlackLotus
Your monk is very nice well balanced but if you want to up ur dps and dont want to spend a too much i'd drop some res in favor of dps, then u can slowing switch over to LS instead of loh, oh and a socket in ur helm is a must! well thats jus me. Happy hunting =)
@Zypheit

I would say you could upgrade your bracers and amulet. Some more CC and resists on your bracers, and some IAS, CC, CD on your amulet. Also, just some gem upgrades would do some good for your dps, especially one in your weapon

@ztsky

Like me, i think your resists might be on the low side, but that can be fixed. Maybe add a little more CD in there somewhere? pretty solid looking monk overall though. im digging the chest piece too
Should I run LS? Drop the vit fist for a crit dmg socket ls one?
10/14/2012 09:55 PMPosted by Zypheit
Uh... dye your armor red, it'll be three times as good.

Rofl.... but I'm BLACK lotus...

Anyway, thanks for the advice, will look to improve emeralds and maybe get a better weapon.

Next person please ignore me and rate Rox above.
10/14/2012 10:08 PMPosted by IAmHero
Should I run LS? Drop the vit fist for a crit dmg socket ls one?

IMO i would think about adding some form of sustain, as all i can see is some loh from your amulet, and a small amount of regen. I know my weapons arent the best, but take a look at my offhand. i know the dps is low, but it has 194% CD with 150 vital and 2.5% ls. I run 5.5% ls and it works very well for my style of play, especially on the PTR. I have another in my stash thats 725 dps, 90+CD with OS and like 115 vital. they work very well for sustaining your HP
@BlackLotus

I think you could upgrade your Echoing Fury to get more dps. I would also recommend upgrading the helm, though I note that you have FOT damage there. Will be better to get SW bonus if you're into that. Otherwise, get more crit chance to maximise the crit damage on your DW weapons. Good luck!

P/S: Please don't skip the monk above me :)
@rox

I love the fact that your running Blackthorne's, I never see anyone use it but I like the set itself. pretty solid, id give a 9/10, but you need to upgrade your second ring and perhaps get a bit more resists (if you need them, I'm not as geared as you but I try)

@TEEASS

I think I'm in love. Wow, not only are you rocking a 2h (awesome) but you have insane DPS, and you are maintaining 700AR and 7k armor with 40k HP.
11/10, have fun farming MP10 as soon as it releases
@rox

I love the fact that your running Blackthorne's, I never see anyone use it but I like the set itself. pretty solid, id give a 9/10, but you need to upgrade your second ring and perhaps get a bit more resists (if you need them, I'm not as geared as you but I try)

Thanks. Im trying out the set. I love the extra health, but idk about the loss of resists on my boots yet. as for you, i think you would benefit from upgrading your gems all around for starters. next, i would find a nice weapon with a socket, then take the emerald from your pants and put it in said weapon and watch your dps go up a good amount. another thing you could look for down the road is inna's helm with some poison resist. if youre lucky, you can probably find one for between 15-25mil, depending on the CC you get on it. overall not bad for paragon 8. just gotta keep grinding and hope to get lucky like the rest of us
thanks, im actually going for an innas right now, but as far as the weapon goes im not entirely sure what stat priority i should go for (since all my sustain is on my MH with 800 LoH)
@xenocider:

Start off by adding critical damage and/or sockets to your weapons which will increase your dps by a lot. Increase your health to above 35k, more critical chance, and dex. With your stats you don't need near death experience, so you can switch it for Beacon of Ytar or Fleet Footed.
@oldman54

@Pegususus was critiquing my build since i'm too lazy to pick up gold.
Nice monk good damage go duel weild
@SirPhilliam

very, very nice monk. the only suggestion i would have is some more sustain. maybe some loh, ls, regen, health globes, etc. if what you have works for you, then please disregard this comment :) I would say well done overall sir

@Lie01234

nice dps for a sword and board. not my cup or tea personally, but to each their own. I would recommend adding some more life regen or loh possibly, but solid overall. i really like your OH ring

@FHvoids

I would maybe try to add some resists somewhere if possible. good looking monk though, and nice dps
@RoxPD1470 nice monk u hv