Monster Power Bonus Damage Reduced in Inferno

Blizzard Archive
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 Next
I would preferred if they left the damage alone and scaled down the HP....
man this suck, mp10 was fine the way it was. I have fun playing it.
The game felt like it was at a good place challenge wise, didn't need any nerfing. After this nerf I guess you will still need to have alot of dps to make the enrage timers on higher mp ubers so that's still a challenge if you want to farm for the ring at high drop chance. Its gonna be more about pushing dps limits and less need for survival.
monsters already do very little dmg no need to reduce it even further. I farm MP4-5 and only die vs reflect or nasty packs.

Dont do this please
Damage is fine with enough turtling. You need to limit the HP multiplication on MP levels when more people join. Ubers with 3 people on MP10 have 250 million HP, key wardens 90 million HP with 2 people on MP10....

That takes the fun out of the game and no sense for cooperation. The incentive of MP levels (especially 10) is assured reward, therefore with your friends that brings back the life to partying. But if it is impossible to do then why bother when it is easier solo, which is back to the problem with Diablo in the first place.

Eliminate HP scaling in MP levels for parties of more than 2. If 3 or more join HP scales only up to 2 players, so the advantage is if you have more people and that would be fun. Even with 4 people, 90 million HP is 90 million HP, I mean wtf.
Thank you for this. Like me, i'm sure the majority of players aren't free all day to play video games. Making the game less ridiculous makes it more enjoyable for us. Cheers!
This also makes it so other classes other than WW Barb stand a chance.
Damage is fine with enough turtling. You need to limit the HP multiplication on MP levels when more people join. Ubers with 3 people on MP10 have 250 million HP, key wardens 90 million HP with 2 people on MP10....

That takes the fun out of the game and no sense for cooperation. The incentive of MP levels (especially 10) is assured reward, therefore with your friends that brings back the life to partying. But if it is impossible to do then why bother when it is easier solo, which is back to the problem with Diablo in the first place.

Eliminate HP scaling in MP levels for parties of more than 2. If 3 or more join HP scales only up to 2 players, so the advantage is if you have more people and that would be fun. Even with 4 people, 90 million HP is 90 million HP, I mean wtf.

This. 100X this.

You game is ONLINE ONLY by FORCE. Embrace multiplayer and reward groups by making the pace the same as single player games and no one wins or loses their preference battle. I play with 4 people every day because it's way more fun to play with my friends, but I can grind something stupid like a level an hour and find a ton of legends in a solo Archon build in the same time my group would take to clear half an act. Sense.. your game makes none.
So if blizzard does not want high mitigation for higher mps, why was reflect damage buffed?

!
Okay, personally I completely get why they're doing this. Overall I'm happy with the changes. (Please, let me finish)

I do feel the change will be good for Wiz/WD/DH, as these classes suffer from a lack of life steal (and survivability) at higher damages currently in MP 5-10.

There are several more obvious examples of how the damage "glitch" Lylirra is talking about is affecting the game. Consider how destructive fire damage from molten, mortar, and fire-chain are regardless of fire resist currently in the higher MP. The A3 Keywarden is another example. Something just isn't scaling right, they are right about that.

I do understand where many people are coming from in saying that they still want a challenge, and that they worry the higher MP will perhaps be "too" easy. I myself was hoping to someday kill Diablo on the current MP10 setting, but I think the benefits to playability for some of the more "squishy" classes, especially in the middle-range MP levels, outweighs the slight adjustment to perceived "challenge" in MP10.

Could there be a better solution? Perhaps. I believe if there is, then the developers and the community should continue the dialogue of alternatives, instead of just raging on the forum about how everyone is going to be able to play MP10 now. (Which simply isn't true, how many people can farm MP7 without dying currently?) Someone made a good point about enrage timers still being a challenge, can't remember who ATM but I just thought it was a good point.

I look forward to trying it out tomorrow, and in closing I will say I think it would behoove us all if everyone tries to remember that the developers and the players want the same thing, a great game. Dialogue is good, but instead of getting angry, try your best to empathize with other people involved in the game, they probably want it to be fun just as badly as you do.
decrease HP, increase dmg or leave like it is now. After this change it will be very boring.
Dude, when I even go on mp 4 I die about 10 times..
I think I'm misunderstanding something...

To me, it seems like Blizzard has discovered a bug in the way damage from monster abilities scales on MP. And their solutions is to scale down ALL damage from monsters?

Why not solve the bug?

And I agree with the folks complaining about fire damage, fire resist barely seems to make any difference. Stuff kills me in seconds, with or without resist.
Just nerf the !@#$%^- molten/arcane stuffs
!@#$ YOu
I knew it had to be something amiss when the game became fun all of a sudden.

... To think it was actually because of a "mistake". Like a lot of people mentioned already, the damage is fine, it motivates people to gear up in order to strive for higher mp level, thus staying in the game longer. Now it is just... disappointing.
ppl blizzard said the MP level is all about efficiency. that is how they designed it. Not that you go to MP10 and get one shot. It that you cant farm it effeciently. sure you can go to MP 10 and die only rarely but as you all have stated the HP is so high it takes a long time. I get why they are doing it. You need to switch out some of the defense passives and go for DPS and maybe you will farm MP 10 effeciently in another 6 months or so will better DPS gear. The hotfix is fine. It is all about loot and how fast you can get it. THere will be more expansions and harder content im sure. This is not the end.
DMG are fine. HPs? Not so good.

It might be better to tone those HPs instead of the damage.

But yeah, if you are reducing the Damage of monsters to somehow let us live longer(which isn't a problem), to make it a breeze in killing the,.

Tanking like a boss then?
DMG are fine. HPs? Not so good.

It might be better to tone those HPs instead of the damage.

But yeah, if you are reducing the Damage of monsters to somehow let us live longer(which isn't a problem), to make it a breeze in killing the,.

Tanking like a boss then?

WOOH 15k DPS DH. Your doing it wrong.