How do you gear up your merc?

General Discussion
My WD's scoundrel survives almost all of the time in low MP just with random stuff I found. The exception is the bow with IAS/LOH gem and cold damage. Even if he did 5x damage, it would be pitiful compared to what I do, so I just want to keep him alive and have some MF.
I like to give my scoundrel an ice bow whenever I can, but they all just get whatever upgrades I find along the way. Although, a lot of you bring up such good points with regard to Magic Find that I may change the way I do this.
Crafted a crappy int hellfire ring so I placed it on my enchantress, minutes later, found a maximus, so yah I'm loving my enchantress now. <3
i give my templar vitality items when i can, because his AoE stun is kinda nice, and he cant stun them if hes dead. likewise with my enchantress for my barb, the CC spells help.
Personally like several others I like to stack magic find on the templar because he has the highest capacity for MF gear. On the scoundrel I again rock out the windforce & attack speed for his crowd control capacity.

But for the enchantress I dedicated the most thought for. Her passive abilities have highest potential for raw damage over any other follower in the game, and with a http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/maximus she has the ability to tank as well. When I bought one in 1.0.4 I was skeptical of its usefulness, but figured it was a good deal because it was 1 million cheaper than any on the auction house. Little did I know that the demon not only was able to tank things that would 1 shot me, but he drew almost all of the monsters attention and is able to dish out a noticeable amount of damage to boot, so as far as followers go... Enchantress with a maximus + attack speed = stunning results
check my profile for how i chose to gear my mercs (my DH). i think it's working pretty well
Scoundrel I like Hellrack. It gives him a chance to root enemies plus the bleed damage is not gimped. He ends up getting much better damage. Token I gave him something with nice Dex and crit damage which means he crits pretty often (has multishot and anatomy) for some pretty decent damage.
Followers need to be the next big issue that's addressed IMHO. I just stack mine with as much MF/GF as possible to get what little use out of them I can in SP. Their damage stinks and they help little when using buffs/spells.
Scoundrel: Dex, Vit, LOH, and Hellfire Ring.

62,621 hp
10297 dps
2100 LOH
1129 armor

Just stay alive to give me my 60% uptime Hysteria buff!
Does MF on followers still break the 300% cap? My enchantress is geared for survivability and damage, and she does pretty nicely, even if her dps is actually kind of bad. Her health almost never falls and can take quite a bit more punishment than my DH. That weapon with +45% mf seems pretty sick though.
I stack my main char's follower with gf and mf, gives me 20% and 22% bonus to them, works for me and alittle xp in there as well.
http://i45.tinypic.com/30b01dt.png
I gave my WD scoundrel a Skycutter, Bul-Kathos's Wedding Band, and Band of Hollow Whispers.

Now he tanks and invites angels to party ~_^.
My merc is a demonhunter. He seems to take care of his own gear pretty well—he's better geared than I am. :)
Deleted
Anyone ever equip a puzzle ring on you and your follower? Wondering if it would work or be worth it.
10/22/2012 07:13 PMPosted by Grimiku
I like to give my scoundrel an ice bow whenever I can, but they all just get whatever upgrades I find along the way. Although, a lot of you bring up such good points with regard to Magic Find that I may change the way I do this.

Upgrades along the way? Wait. You don't use the RMAH?