Act 4 Keywarden Pattern

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 Next
Add 2 more times, no key. What a waste of time.
10/23/2012 01:16 PMPosted by Thunderchild
Add 2 more times, no key. What a waste of time.

Starting to feel that way. More Elites @ A4, please...
10/23/2012 09:43 AMPosted by Lylirra
How long did it take you to get?

I've been running MP3 off-and-on since last week. I've managed to get the first and third keys pretty early on, but I've yet to see the second key or the Blacksmithing plans.

Soooo, I'll have to get back to you on that. =/

Anyone heard of a glitch/mechanic that if you ENGAGE the keywarden WITHOUT 5 stack that he'll never drop a key? I've been avoiding that just in case... just wandering if that was the case though.

You need to have a full five stacks of Nephalem Valor in order for the keys to drop. Same applies for the demonic organ pieces, too.

why do u guys respond to threads like these but never respond to threads that actually matter? like improving monks/wizzards/ the game in general?
1st try on MP2.
Act 1: 2/2 (once in MP2, once in MP5)
Act 2: 1/2 (MP5, didn't show up in first MP5 game played)
Act 3: 2/2 (both MP5)

Heres the interesting one...

Act 4: 1/1 (Public inferno game) :D
First try MP5
First try, MP 10
10/23/2012 12:48 PMPosted by Dragar
Just out of curiosity, did anyone in the thread so far list what the chances of a key dropping are without any MP boosting the chances?

5% MP0
10% MP1
20% MP2
.100% MP10

hmmm maybe I just misread the whole increase by 10% (as a percentage rather than a literal 10% addition). But yeah, said theory doesn't leave a lot of room to assume the non-MP chances are anything but 0% :P .
How long did it take you to get?

I've been running MP3 off-and-on since last week. I've managed to get the first and third keys pretty early on, but I've yet to see the second key or the Blacksmithing plans.

Soooo, I'll have to get back to you on that. =/

Anyone heard of a glitch/mechanic that if you ENGAGE the keywarden WITHOUT 5 stack that he'll never drop a key? I've been avoiding that just in case... just wandering if that was the case though.

You need to have a full five stacks of Nephalem Valor in order for the keys to drop. Same applies for the demonic organ pieces, too.

Didn't really respond to the second question though about it glitching and NEVER dropping if you engage without a five stack...gee I hope that isn't a glitch, because then people are going to waste ALOT of time until it's fixed, which this game is starting to become rather infamous for...
First try MP4
i went 22 runs on mp5 a4 for the plans before i got them. i feel your pain. finally got them today

my theory is that because blizz controls global drop rates by the amount of that particular items population, the farming for the plans caused anyone who waited a couple days to get them to have significantly less chance for the plans to drop on any mp level other than 10.
1st try mp 1.
10/23/2012 02:19 PMPosted by Spincut
Didn't really respond to the second question though about it glitching and NEVER dropping if you engage without a five stack.

(Keep clicking the little "BLIZZ" icon in the upper right-hand corner of my posts; that'll take you through each of the responses I've made in this thread. It's a super helpful feature, and it'll help make sure you don't miss out on any important information.)

As for your question, I followed up a little later with this:
10/23/2012 10:06 AMPosted by Lylirra
Confirmed with our developers: you only need the full five stacks when you kill the target. The game checks for that requirement when the target dies, not when it's first engaged.

If you're experiencing something different and think it might be a bug, be sure to post in our Bug Report forum so our QA team can investigate.
I had no intentions of attempting the machine because the plans were in a4 I thought it would be a hassle.

Was helping someone finish story mode in MP0 and the plans dropped with 110%MF. I didn't even know they could drop at that mp level.
yeah, that click thing doesn't work. There is no BLIZZ icon in the upper right hand corner.
Unbelievable. After ~40 attempts @ MP3, I turn MP down to 1 to increase efficiency and it drops on the first kill.

"If I never see A4 again, it'll be too soon."
10/23/2012 02:34 PMPosted by Lylirra
Didn't really respond to the second question though about it glitching and NEVER dropping if you engage without a five stack.

(Keep clicking the little "BLIZZ" icon in the upper right-hand corner of my posts; that'll take you through each of the responses I've made in this thread. It's a super helpful feature, and it'll help make sure you don't miss out on any important information.)

As for your question, I followed up a little later with this:
Confirmed with our developers: you only need the full five stacks when you kill the target. The game checks for that requirement when the target dies, not when it's first engaged.

If you're experiencing something different and think it might be a bug, be sure to post in our Bug Report forum so our QA team can investigate.

Was it really such a good idea to be so smug when I in fact had already read that followup post (using the handy little blizz button...because I know what it does) and if you read my response closely, you'd see that the response you quoted (which, again, I already had seen) and my question were not the same thing.

I was asking about the question regarding if you kill one without 5 stacks, will it NEVER allow you to get the drop, even on subsequent tries. Look closely at the wording here. It was being asked if it was a glitch in that regard and your response that you snarkily led me to was in regards to it mattering if you hit the keywarden without 5 stacks but then killed it later....that was not what I was asking about.
10/23/2012 09:43 AMPosted by Lylirra

What about the blacksmithing plans?
Please say it isn't so, Act IV is so short!
Is it even possible (lol jk) !!
Well I have 30 tries so far for the Blacksmithing plan on mp 1-2, with no luck so far...