Bug report : Archon gets unwillingly cast

Bug Report
Hello,

I want to report a problem that has arised with 1.0.5.

I play a Wizard with Archon on my left mouse button. I have F6 bound for "Force Stand still" (shift as primary, F6 as secondary, but it doesn't matter, i never use shift). That means that basically, when I want to cast Archon, I use F6 and click anywhere at the same time, resulting in Archon being cast.

That worked perfectly fine (1.0.4 and before) up til now.

Since the 1.0.5 patch, two phenomenon are occuring :

1) Archon gets "cast" very often without me having clicked F6 NOR left-clicked on a enemy. I know sometimes a mistake is possible with my setup, but that's NOT what's happening here.

With 1.0.4 and before, I can't even remember the last time I accidently cast Archon without wanting it (and I've played countless hours with this setup). Since the 1.0.5 patch, it's happening every few minutes.

The most plausible explanation I see is that sometimes the attack trigger activates when you left-click on something that isn't an enemy, or simply when it shouldn't (more evidence on that with the second phenomenon).

2) I am currently, as of right now, in Act 2 Stinging Winds. I have the uncommon portal for "The Ruins Level 1" in front of me.

Archon is not activated, but I can't cast it either, because its cooldown is still "cooling".

When I leftclick on the "teleport zone" to enter "The Ruins - Level 1", my character goes to the teleport zone, but I just don't teleport to The Ruins. Instead, i get the message "skill is not ready".

Now a few seconds later. Archon is now "ready" to be cast. I left-click on the "teleport zone". This time, Archon is cast (which is NOT what I want, and is NOT what happened with 1.0.4 and before), and then I immediately do get teleported to The Ruins.

This second phenomenon doesn't seem to happen with all "travel zones". For example, I had a cellar (Swampy Cellar) just in front of me a couple minutes ago, and I could go in and out of it normally (while Archon was ready to be cast).

It looks like those two phenomenons are due to the same issue : the game triggering an attack when you left-click on some "things" that should NOT be triggering it (and correctly NEVER did with 1.0.4 and before) : these kind of portals (second phenomenon), probably some other doodles like bags or chests (first phenomenon, ie unbreakable doodles that should NEVER be triggering it)

Thanks for your help.

ps : my pc hasn't changed, nothing has changed, my bindings are fine, etc. The only thing that has changed is the game now incorrectly casting Archon when I want to enter a zone (or do some other actions).
same
Same issue :(
Same here, please fix this as this really is a game breaker for us wizards.
Bump. Come on Guys, lets bump until we get an answer.
bump
bump
bump!
Bump~
Bump
who cares ? archon is !@#$ing OP and needs a nerf
It activates even when I click on the stash in town...
+1. You can't let something work since release and then randomly muck it up after we've all gotten used to it. If this was meant to be a fix because cooldown skills weren't intended for left click, how come Mirror Image works perfectly fine?
10/21/2012 10:37 AMPosted by Chatturgha
+1. You can't let something work since release and then randomly muck it up after we've all gotten used to it. If this was meant to be a fix because cooldown skills weren't intended for left click, how come Mirror Image works perfectly fine?

At least that's not something I think we have to worry about. First, the behaviour appears almost completely random. Second, if that were the case, then they could have simply restricted the possibility of putting Archon on that slot (like it is already the case with numerous other skills that aren't allowed on left click).

I'm pretty sure it's simply a bug. A very annoying one though.
Archon, as my most important skill, is put on my mouse's left click. This allows me to control casting it during the most crucial moments by having to hold SHIFT+LEFT CLICK to cast it. With patch 1.05 it now not only casts somewhat randomly but also restricts interaction with the game environment. This is because during its cooldown, I cannot traverse to the next dungeon level until it has recharged. To top it all off, it then casts when i click on the next dungeon level, and it immediately ends the skill upon entering the next dungeon level. It unintentionally casts when clicking on items, people, chests, and sometimes simply when just left clicking on the ground. It is a bug that seriously affects gameplay, and I hope it is resolved quickly!

Bump!
10/21/2012 03:51 PMPosted by ParkerLewis
At least that's not something I think we have to worry about. First, the behaviour appears almost completely random. Second, if that were the case, then they could have simply restricted the possibility of putting Archon on that slot (like it is already the case with numerous other skills that aren't allowed on left click).

Point taken. Someone in a similar thread mentioned that it may have been a bug fix, but it doesn't seem likely now.

Does the bug report forum ever get blue replies? All I've seen for the past few days are unacknowledged threads. Thumbs up, Blizz!
bump
This effects more then just Archon. I moved my hydra to my left click and my archon off it, and sometimes my hydra just casts random also. I have a friend who plays a WD and he says his left click also casts when it shouldn't.
bump!
same problem!