Serious duping problems for GFG barb gear...

Barbarian
Prev 1 5 6 7 14 Next
5) blizzard wields its mighty TOS blade of fury

+10000% dmg vs duper/geeks
ok is it just me, or is the AH really empty right now.... I feel like something may have been done
Don't mind adding my bump to a good cause
b
I don't like duping, so this isn't cool..

Not to be ignorant but has anyone confirmed that the list provided by diabloProgress appropriately describes a duped item? eg the link followed actually means what you think it means? I by no means condone duping but i'm curious if the process in which diabloProgress collects data means what everyone is interpreting - aka dupes. Can someone confirm/explain how diabloProgress gets data and indeed if it describes duping is occurring?
This is a totally messed up..........

I saw my lacuni has been duped.
But I also found out a strange thing here.

Here is the lacuni has been duped. (1 of them is on me)
http://www.diabloprogress.com/item/13134461

Among all of these 5 players.
youngheezy#6228 HyunA <---- take a look this player's profile.
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/youngheezy-6228/HyunA/26414968

Diabloprogress site says this guy hasn't gone online for like 13 days !? I believe he got banned ? for doing something fishy ??

so the duped of this Lacuni might be from that guy there ?
Is there any evidence that he was banned? He might have just quit. But that's the second profile I have seen today with empty inventory -- I was looking at this: http://www.diabloprogress.com/item/10957066... and noticed one player had an empty inventory as well.

This guy: http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/sharkli-3293/SharkL/25280123

If Blizzard is banning people, I haven't heard anything about it.
Is there any evidence that he was banned? He might have just quit. But that's the second profile I have seen today with empty inventory -- I was looking at this: http://www.diabloprogress.com/item/10957066... and noticed one player had an empty inventory as well.

This guy: http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/sharkli-3293/SharkL/25280123

If Blizzard is banning people, I haven't heard anything about it.

There is no evidence.
but I am guessing those who have empty inventory are the ones duping items.
There is no evidence. but I am guessing those who have empty inventory are the ones duping items.

It makes sense. Good sense. If Blizzard is banning them, I wish they would acknowledge it so that the threat of permanent ban-waves will cause cheaters to think twice. I'm keeping an eye on the AH, but I don't see any duplicates at the moment other than those pants.
11/13/2012 10:40 PMPosted by acrimony
There is no evidence. but I am guessing those who have empty inventory are the ones duping items.

It makes sense. Good sense. If Blizzard is banning them, I wish they would acknowledge it so that the threat of permanent ban-waves will cause cheaters to think twice. I'm keeping an eye on the AH, but I don't see any duplicates at the moment other than those pants.

But banning is not the solution. Unless Blizzard fix this duping bug.
Otherwise, dupe will just keep coming. Never ends.

One got banned, there comes another one.

God, I hate people has same items as mine.....fook that!!!

Well, at the very least, give all the cheaters at least a week notice to find other pieces of gear before removing duplicates and then anyone caught duping will be permanently banned. I refuse to believe a company is unethical enough to allow that kind of practice to exist within their servers. It's abhorrent.

I have no idea how to combat the issue other than a massive ban wave. There are many legal implications at work here.

I hope they can fix it but I dont think it will be soon if ever. This has been going on the asian servers way before ours and its still going on there if gem prices are any indication (current price is 2-3m for radiant stars).

I refuse to believe a company is unethical enough to allow that kind of practice to exist within their servers. It's abhorrent.

You must have never played d2. Duping was much more common there. They either couldn't stop it or didn't want to invest the resources to stop it.

Well, at the very least, give all the cheaters at least a week notice to find other pieces of gear before removing duplicates and then anyone caught duping will be permanently banned. I refuse to believe a company is unethical enough to allow that kind of practice to exist within their servers. It's abhorrent.

I have no idea how to combat the issue other than a massive ban wave. There are many legal implications at work here.

Btw, there is also another strange thing on AH.

Sometimes you'll see whole bunch similar items appear. Sometimes they all disappear at the same time.

Its very very strange.

For example, I just tried to search for 6% cc, ring with str, atk spd, cd, and avg dmg ~ nothing shows.

Yesterday before server maintenance, there were whole bunch at least 7~8 of them on AH. now, there is NONE.
bump
Also guys this is a bit-premature for me to post but I think it's worth noting

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/SharkLi-1993/hero/27718669

This guy's barb literally came out of nowhere and has been buying up 2b gfg barb items left and right, his offhand has already been duped (only can see 2 though)

I don't want to put anyone under the bus if they legit "farmed" their gear in 35 paragorn levels or they "credit carded" their way into some of the best gear on US servers.

if you are http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/SharkLi-1993/hero/27718669 , I apologize, but I just have to say I hope I don't start seeing this gear all over the GAH/RMAH anytime soon.

But I have to mention this because the offhand he shares the duped with is this guy, http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/qiq-1554/hero/23097239

Who if you check on dprogress has A LOT of duped items, especially that stone of jordan....

ahaha so guys looks like I was right about this post that I made before maintence because QIQ#1554 has been banned and the account no longer exists.

Now Sharkli#1993 on the other hand I have no idea why it's still up.

But I saw QIQ#1554 empty all his gear before server maintenance so I'm guessing he was able to dump all his gear before the ban took effect, I was going to scrshot all his old gear before it refreshed on dprogress but I was too late

I did manage to capture the duped weapon that was shared between QIQ#1554 and Sharkli#1993 only before sharkli#1993 changed his gear.

http://i.imgur.com/CKc7V.jpg

This is a totally messed up..........

I saw my lacuni has been duped.
But I also found out a strange thing here.

Here is the lacuni has been duped. (1 of them is on me)
http://www.diabloprogress.com/item/13134461

Among all of these 5 players.
youngheezy#6228 HyunA <---- take a look this player's profile.
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/youngheezy-6228/HyunA/26414968

Diabloprogress site says this guy hasn't gone online for like 13 days !? I believe he got banned ? for doing something fishy ??

so the duped of this Lacuni might be from that guy there ?

Glad to see you posting with us here fookya, and no HyunA hasn't been banned yet since his profile is still view-able on battle.net.

I am assuming he had dumped all his gear as well in preparing for possible banning of the account.

You must have never played d2. Duping was much more common there. They either couldn't stop it or didn't want to invest the resources to stop it.

Dupe starting from D1 as I remember lol

Man...am i that old...? lol
11/13/2012 11:02 PMPosted by Cloud9
I refuse to believe a company is unethical enough to allow that kind of practice to exist within their servers. It's abhorrent.

Sometimes you'll see whole bunch similar items appear. Sometimes they all disappear at the same time.

Its very very strange.

For example, I just tried to search for 6% cc, ring with str, atk spd, cd, and avg dmg ~ nothing shows.

Yesterday before server maintenance, there were whole bunch at least 7~8 of them on AH. now, there is NONE.

I thought I posted this earlier in this thread but I was also looking at a bunch of barb rings on AH with avg damage, 6cc, cd, etc. There were two decent ones that went for basically 880m I think one was and another one for 500m.

Those rings were worth maybe 200m, 100m just a few days ago but someone decided that they are worth a whole lot more and just went nuts hours before the auction was even going to end.

Just like what happened to the mace I was bidding on, there is another mace that ilvl61 graphic still up not selling for 900m but that mace with less dps somehow went for sale with a 2b bid.....

FFS, Blizzard can you at least acknowledge us before this thread gets to 40 pages across 4-5 different sites?

Its very very strange.

I thought I posted this earlier in this thread but I was also looking at a bunch of barb rings on AH with avg damage, 6cc, cd, etc. There were two decent ones that went for basically 880m I think one was and another one for 500m.

Those rings were worth maybe 200m, 100m just a few days ago but someone decided that they are worth a whole lot more and just went nuts hours before the auction was even going to end.

Just like what happened to the mace I was bidding on, there is another mace that ilvl61 graphic still up not selling for 900m but that mace with less dps somehow went for sale with a 2b bid.....

FFS, Blizzard can you at least acknowledge us before this thread gets to 40 pages across 4-5 different sites?

Everything is twisted when there is MONEY (Gold) involved. Includes Gaming world...... Sighhhh to human nature.
I have seen a lot at work already....so sick of this.

Everything is twisted when there is MONEY (Gold) involved. Includes Gaming world...... Sighhhh to human nature.
I have seen a lot at work already....so sick of this.

BTW I'm curious to see your barb in action, gonna add you and we should play sometime :)

edit: everyone keep adding to the thread what you find, i mean they gotta answer eventually right?