Storm armor

Wizard
11/06/2012 02:27 PMPosted by Hex
RNG is RNG

do you have a link that proves that?

also storm armor does pull off crits
I've been wondering the same thing about shocking aspect and storm armor vs pinpoint myself. Does shocking aspect really work-because it is hard to tell what strikes are 100% and which ones are 35%. Also...is that hands down the most efficient rune? I usually go with either thunderstorm or shocking, but i really dont know which is better. Might try the one that reflects damage when hit.

As far as pinpoint, maybe that is the best case for both offense and defense. 5% to crits, and armor to boot. Maybe it is the most balanced shield.
11/06/2012 03:37 PMPosted by Decoy
RNG is RNG

do you have a link that proves that?

also storm armor does pull off crits

No link, but it's pretty easy to turn Storm Armor on and observe that there is absolutely no pattern to it. I can go up to 2.48 attacks per second with my gear, and even if I remove all of my +attack speed gear to get down to 1.0 attacks per second, SA seems to hit with similar frequency.
11/06/2012 04:41 PMPosted by Kuros
rk-because it is hard to tell what strikes are 100% and which ones are 35%. Also...is that hands down the most efficient rune? I usually go with either thunderstorm or shocking, but i really dont know which is better. Might try the one that reflects damage when h

if you're a cm wiz and you use shocking aspect you see a noticeable amount of damage dealing down

only downfall is shockingaspect is a giant offensive armor no defensive bonuses
Bump
Bump
Bump
Bump
Bump
Storm Armor plus Hydra plus FastIceScoundrel means I don't spend meteors killing trash very often.
Bump
Bump
even with SA rune, the storm armor's proc for its rune is pretty slow. so even not triggering its rune, SA's random lightning attack is pretty low too.
11/09/2012 06:56 PMPosted by pichapiegal
even with SA rune, the storm armor's proc for its rune is pretty slow. so even not triggering its rune, SA's random lightning attack is pretty low too.

its slow and fast at different times for me
I tested the Storm Armor proc today and have verified that it strikes once per second on average, and is independent of attack speed or number of mobs around you. I tested with 0.9 APS and 2.3 APS and recorded a short vid (1 min long) and compared.

The strikes are somewhat random, but on average it's one hit per second.
11/06/2012 05:36 AMPosted by leahzirch
doesnt matter the damage cant crit, unless you have 200k paper dps, its not noticble.

Yes it can crit. It actualy surprises me sometimes when it one shots straglers. Its pretty powerful for free damage and sometimes it gos on a spree hitting things very rapidly.
Bump
there is another thread on testing storm armor on cm ww build with ghom.

pretty much certain in terms of dps increment from a standard cm/ww storm armor is one of the largest contributers.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004691927?page=1
Bump
Bump