Ever found a Legendary turning a dead corpse?

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 Next
one of my favorites was the recent one where the blue said we need more MF gear...you know the thing they phased out and ever since invulnerable wiz nerf has never been the same. the paragon lvls are for goldfind main stat and +vit and something painstakingly grindable to keep angry people at bay while they try to make PvP not ruin blizzards amazing history as a company or it's stock values so much.

at least they are slowly giving us back D2 and finding a way to profit off it. gj blizz team? just make sure to totaly ruin our gear 1-2 month before pvp only to ruin it on release with some weird new changes and gear! runewords for crafting and brimstones get lowered breakdown rate while adding a new UBER rare crafting item that gives us control over the type of....and we could babble bout that forever....GL w/ that says I! it'll be interesting to see how they maximize profit

*the drops really are virtual crack and now that we can sell it i think i'm even more addicted. sad true stories of a necro...now a black sheep.
10/31/2012 07:42 PMPosted by Grimiku
Out of the small handful of legendary items I have found (all of them sub-level 50 and prior to 1.0.4) were out of barrels, corpses, or regular chests, so I keep checking those things regularly. None of them dropped from regular monster kills, but that doesn’t keep me from trying. >=)

Word.. i get most of mine from white mobs. I guess smashing every pot, opening every chest, and killing every monster pays off.
one of my favorites was the recent one where the blue said we need more MF gear...you know the thing they phased out and ever since invulnerable wiz nerf has never been the same. the paragon lvls are for goldfind main stat and +vit and something painstakingly grindable to keep angry people at bay while they try to make PvP not ruin blizzards amazing history as a company or it's stock values so much.

at least they are slowly giving us back D2 and finding a way to profit off it. gj blizz team? just make sure to totaly ruin our gear 1-2 month before pvp only to ruin it on release with some weird new changes and gear! runewords for crafting and brimstones get lowered breakdown rate while adding a new UBER rare crafting item that gives us control over the type of....and we could babble bout that forever....GL w/ that says I! it'll be interesting to see how they maximize profit

I have no idea what you just wrote.
None of my top drops have come from mobs, all from chests, corpses, barrels etc. The Nats ring I dropped, Zuni's mask, Chandoto's orb, Skullgrasp. All from clickables. I wonder why I bother with mobs anymore since they never drop anything.
Just curious if it could happen... I still remember the day one poped from a chest, that was a first (and it still is). That was exciting.

I turn over all dead bodies and sometimes kicks potery pots (even thought I don't think they can drop from those...)

3 Times already.

Several times killing the white guys. (Yeah, LOL, "white guys")
only once or twice killing Blue or yellow guys.
Never on Purple guys, except once from Belial.
More often on Weapon Racks, destructibles, and white chests.
i found a nat's sight off a dead guard in the keep lvl.1
Twice. Once I got a horrible Legacy Nat's Shadow. It was my first and only set piece or legendary for my first ~250 hours of play. I sold it after it was announced that the legacy nat bonus would stay for a pretty penny.

About a week ago, I looted another legendary from a corpse. It was junk and was salvaged right away.
Nope but found a Mempo in a chest the other night.

One of these days a pile of bones IS going to give me something dammit.
11/01/2012 01:55 AMPosted by CyberGoat
Out of the small handful of legendary items I have found (all of them sub-level 50 and prior to 1.0.4) were out of barrels, corpses, or regular chests, so I keep checking those things regularly. None of them dropped from regular monster kills, but that doesn’t keep me from trying. >=)
Not to be insulting, but is this confirmation that internal Blizzard employees do not play Inferno?

My concern stems from the fact that I've read many "blue" posts here stating they are progressing (not doing MPX games), haven't found high-end items (like your post), and generally have very odd comments about balance at the top end of progression with such gems like: we feel Monk power is fine, Trail of Cinders was a bug, and failing to fix Wizard invulnerability with Archon for at least 2 months after reporting.

Other examples like high-end Witch Doctor pet scaling lacking and what seems to be a preference for Barbarian abilities (especially Rend vs Exploding Palm and Whirlwind resource cost based on weapon speed vs Tempest Rush resource cost being flat).

Do you have any thoughts on that? I realize D3 is a work in progress, but having "blues" state things like the above is similar to a politician stating he's a man of the people while not knowing the price of a gallon of milk.

I think the same Goat you've made me think more.
Oh wow just like D2. The more stuff you smash/kill the better chance at legendaries and set items you'll get! Shock and surprise!
I've found legendaries out of barrels, chests, treasure goblins, elites, champs, and even ghom since the last patch.

Oh, and I got a lego (Gidbin) from the guy in the battlefields in Act 3 that says "Take this...I no longer have a use for it".

Most of them crap, a few selling for a few million, and even a Deadmans legacy that went for 250m on the AH...
Do you have any thoughts on that? I realize D3 is a work in progress, but having "blues" state things like the above is similar to a politician stating he's a man of the people while not knowing the price of a gallon of milk.

First off, your analogy doesn't even make sense.

Secondly, when "blues" play this game, they play it the way we play it. I don't understand why you think there's some grand conspiracy afoot because a blue has equally unfortunate luck as you, or because the developers aren't fixing things fast enough for your liking. You understand that these people are just messengers, and that they have no control over when or how the developers fix this game, right?
Not to be insulting, but is this confirmation that internal Blizzard employees do not play Inferno?

My concern stems from the fact that I've read many "blue" posts here stating they are progressing (not doing MPX games), haven't found high-end items (like your post), and generally have very odd comments about balance at the top end of progression with such gems like: we feel Monk power is fine, Trail of Cinders was a bug, and failing to fix Wizard invulnerability with Archon for at least 2 months after reporting.

Other examples like high-end Witch Doctor pet scaling lacking and what seems to be a preference for Barbarian abilities (especially Rend vs Exploding Palm and Whirlwind resource cost based on weapon speed vs Tempest Rush resource cost being flat).

You're talking to one of the Community Managers dude, he doesn't have time to spend 40 hours a week on this game because he's on the forums managing a community =P

I'd bet money some of the QA people run around in MP10 using gear anyone else would die with.

Stop talking out of your bum.
Vile Cavern in A2.

Dead worm = Nat ring
hi,i have some advice about this game ,how can i connect to designers.i want to them look my idea,can you tell me their fax number or email?
Buddy just found a Nats chest piece in a silver chest last night. Rolls were terrible but hey, legendary out of a chest!
10/30/2012 11:35 AMPosted by Apophis
Yeah, during my farming of the Leoric's Signet (470% MF) I got plenty of legendarys from normal mobs, dead bodies, chests, crates and barrels (breakable objects)

I thought MF% is capped at 300%?
My first legendary I found was in A2 where u have to find Zoltun Kulles Lair. The Tormentor Staff dropped off of 1 of those massive skeletal rib cages in the flats.

It had crud stats though and I ended up just salvaging it and sold the Brimstone for around 350k.
I got one from a barrel on my first run to the normal skeleton king, i still have the sin seekers quiver chillin in my stash.

maybe he doesnt play much.

ive been playing hardcore and softcore and i find inferno is easy now, legendaries drop frequently, i dont see any problem. the good stay good and the bad complain

My issue is the stark constrast of "blue" posts that don't detail any sort of MPX game balance. "tow the line" seems to be the policy regarding balance, unless you're in for a nerf. Given the access that developers and "blues" may have, they should ALSO test the game towards the upper-end, which doesn't appear to be happening. The verbatim that I read and the take-away that I get is that Blizzard employees aren't even playing in Inferno, which is quite distressing. It would certainly explain some of the Legendary proc being viewed as nearly useless, or why it took so long to get mob Crowd Control changes to happen.