equipped item lock system

General Discussion
Prev 1 18 19 20 24 Next
This is a clear example that Blizzard employees do not play the game at the same level as the playerbase.

The mechanics to identify 40 rares one at a time (with a cooldown for each) is terrible design, and an absolutely retarded deviation from D1 and D2. It's a huge step backwards from instant ID scrolls and Deckard's ID-all dialogue option. When you identify 120+ rares in 1 hour or less, it's not like unwrapping a gift: it's a boring chore. And it's made worse by a UI that forces players to check and re-check every item they sell, because the button to ID is the same button to equip gear (which is another deviation from D1 and D2). It is exceedingly easy to accidentally equip an item when you are IDing a full inventory every 15 mins. Add an option to change the buttons or add an option to lock gear.

It's the little things that annoy players in every play session that add up, and harm the interest and motivation to continue playing or to come back to the game after a break.
Although I am 100% agreeing with the ID process being a complete waste of time and that it should also be corrected to NOT having to ID or at the very least, ID all the items at once with a max timer of 1 sec.... this thread is not about that. Like I said, I 100% support the no ID idea but let's not hijack this thread and keep it on topic. I know this was not a hijack attempt but you know what I mean guys? :)
Thanks for your feedback!

As Lylirra mentioned [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004693267#14"]here[/url], we're definitely aware of the frustration vendoring the wrong item can cause for players (I've done it, myself). We strongly urge players to use caution whenever selling items to a vendor, and to take advantage of the Buyback tab in instances where an oversight occurs, but beyond that, we have no immediate plans for an additional layer of protection.

you guys are just digging your own graves with this response, please have someone respond again because this is going to backfire on you guys tremendously

Anyone have a facepalm ANSI for this?

Obviously you don't. Why don't you move along and find something else to whine about?

if his other posts are any indication he is already whining about something else at the same time. I don't think he has any other posts than ones where he is butthurt with blizz about something

11/09/2012 12:29 PMPosted by Brando

And you're not? I'm being completely reasonable.
Persisting in issues that have already been addressed seems obtuse to me.
You've already made your point, countless times. What can you do now? Exactly.
Until Blizzard decides to implement a fix, it's your obligation to avoid the issue.

State the obvious much? The reason were posting here is to get it corrected. This thread is reaching the max. Then another will be started regarding the same subject matter.

and it will be filled with the same small group of people trying till they are blue in the face to find the perfect analogy to swing people to their camp... while everyone else shakes their head and goes about our day hoping blizz spends dev time fixing things that are actually a problem.
Also make it not so easy to drop a legendary
You know how many times i have lost an idea to the vendor?

You want to know why?

I'm not an idiot.

if his other posts are any indication he is already whining about something else at the same time. I don't think he has any other posts than ones where he is butthurt with blizz about something

You share ender's propensity for ad hominems.

and it will be filled with the same small group of people trying till they are blue in the face to find the perfect analogy to swing people to their camp... while everyone else shakes their head and goes about our day hoping blizz spends dev time fixing things that are actually a problem.

Important problems like linking achievements in chat? Or more stash tab graphics? You mean those serious issues everyone has been clamoring for since beta?

important problems like class balance, skill synergy, id all button, vendor from AH screen, pvp, improved itemization, more useful affixes, more actual stash tabs, the mystic, making crafting relevant again, fixing duping, fixing the bid/buyout glitch, fixing teleports pathing problems, reducing the rubber-banding issues they have had... do i really need to go on?

where as your complaints are "omg i deleted my item, please change the UI!" "omg are you guys really planning on dropping more legendaries/loot! what bout my AH profits!!!!" "wtf, they are improving the quality of jewelry! omg my AH PROFITS!!!"

11/09/2012 01:44 PMPosted by Undersky
Also make it not so easy to drop a legendary

short of using illegal macro's i fail to see how this has "accidently" happened to ANYONE... ever. Now i do know of people who have dropped items cause their macro !@#$ed up (one guy had the macro drop his skull grasp while he was fighting belial... he died, goodbye ring)

also, i said it in the thread already but i have to assume i'm not alone in using in-battle gear swaps to augment my effectiveness. want higher dps that you could get from a cheaper wep that doesn't have life steal but still want to handle reflects dmg affix? well gosh a second weapon on backup with life steal or LoH sounds good. need to kite for a while in HC cause your about to die? man oh man how nice it is to swap on some life regen to bring me back to even... then of course there is mf swaps, or swaping to a apoc wep between archons...
11/09/2012 02:06 PMPosted by whoopadeedoo
It's complained about on a DAILY basis for over six months. Enough is enough.
There's also a large contingent of people who complain about "auction bots" that turn out to be them fundamentally misunderstanding the proxy bid system. Mere complaint isn't proof of fault, nor cause for action.

I, somehow, have managed to keep my legendaries on my character and sell off hundreds of thousands of junk pieces. This, like my superhuman ability to remember where I left my cursor, apparently put me into an elite cadre of D3 players.

important problems like class balance, skill synergy, id all button, vendor from AH screen, pvp, improved itemization, more useful affixes, more actual stash tabs, the mystic, making crafting relevant again, fixing duping, fixing the bid/buyout glitch, fixing teleports pathing problems, reducing the rubber-banding issues they have had... do i really need to go on?

where as your complaints are "omg i deleted my item, please change the UI!" "omg are you guys really planning on dropping more legendaries/loot! what bout my AH profits!!!!" "wtf, they are improving the quality of jewelry! omg my AH PROFITS!!!"

My point went right over your head. They spent time adding new stash tab graphics, new achievements, allowing players to link achievements in chat, and a whole slew of other fixes no one asked for or cares about ... so your "let them spend time on more important things" is disingenuous. And this is an important issue. It's complained about on a DAILY basis for over six months. Enough is enough.

You still think my complaint about 1.05 was about "profits" as if I'm a kid who cares about a few measly dollars. 1.05 is turning out exactly as I predicted (because it was an obvious prediction).

i would be willing to bet that people have requested every single one of those dumbass changes that your listing (i think we can agree they aren't really adding much to the game)... and in this thread they are suggesting more of that same kind of change. i would prefer they stop listening to these types of changes to save players from themselves and instead focus more on the legitimate things that do actually have unified support like a lot of the other things listed. My worry is that they pay too much credence to complaints, which they have shown in the past to be the case.
Jawn,

If Blizzard added gear lock or removed equip from the same key as ID and sell, do you think accidental gear swap and/or selling would occur at remotely the same frequency? You have your answer for culpability right there.
The frequency I see is "Zero" so I suspect it would remain the same. I'd be pretty annoyed whenever I had to change gear though, so I guess Blizz would eventually change it back because Complaint Guarantees Action.
While you are at it hold the players hand because they can't take the time to look before they sell.