equipped item lock system

General Discussion
Prev 1 22 23 24
signed ....again!
Signed
Thanks for your feedback!

As Lylirra mentioned [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004693267#14"]here[/url], we're definitely aware of the frustration vendoring the wrong item can cause for players (I've done it, myself). We strongly urge players to use caution whenever selling items to a vendor, and to take advantage of the Buyback tab in instances where an oversight occurs, but beyond that, we have no immediate plans for an additional layer of protection.

caution??? thats so stupid. what is this game all about? farming act 3 and selling crap to vendors day after day after day. thus one of the major parts of this game is to be careful when selling to vendors? you're kidding me

As Lylirra mentioned [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004693267#14"]here[/url], we're definitely aware of the frustration vendoring the wrong item can cause for players (I've done it, myself). We strongly urge players to use caution whenever selling items to a vendor, and to take advantage of the Buyback tab in instances where an oversight occurs, but beyond that, we have no immediate plans for an additional layer of protection.

caution??? thats so stupid. what is this game all about? farming act 3 and selling crap to vendors day after day after day. thus one of the major parts of this game is to be careful when selling to vendors? you're kidding me

Yea, this should be added on the patch. We need item lock, or gear lock.
they are hoping that you do delete it. its like having a free gold sink in place
Perhaps by not having item lock, it will teach many players to be a bit more "patient". Something that seems to be quite lacking.

Buyback only works for only a few items. If a person sells their whole inventory (as many people do at the end of runs) before they realize what has happen then there is no fix. Imo the buyback tab needs to be a lot bigger.
I have had this problem too in my early days of playing. I was vendoring all the trash loot so quickly that I didn't see my gear got swapped accidentally. When I noticed I took longer to kill than normal, it was already too late.

When you are at the vendor and selling your trash, your contact with the vendor will get cancelled when someone else in your team cancels a game sequence. The vendor's tab will close. However your character tab is still opened. So when you right-click your item it gets swapped instead of selling.

Right now, the only way of avoiding such accidental sales is by carefully looking at each item you are selling. I hate this as much as you do because it doesn't allow me to vendor my trash quickly.
As if the game is not carebear enough, you should have some responsibility when vendoring items instead of having blizzard spoonfeed you with kiddy safe features?

They could easily disable auto-equip with right click but apparently they thought better of the players.
Bad UI design and worse response from Blizzard. Many fixes suggested, none are overly difficult to implament, any one would be better than the current system.

Possible fixes.
1) Add option to disable equip with right click.
2) Have Blizzard disable equip with right click (Do we really need this?)
3) Add option to enable gear lock.
4) Allow remaping for equip, identify, and/or sell to vendor button.
5) Have Blizzard remap two of the three functions (equip, identify, sell) to Alt/R-click and Ctrl/R-click.
As if the game is not carebear enough, you should have some responsibility when vendoring items instead of having blizzard spoonfeed you with kiddy safe features?

They could easily disable auto-equip with right click but apparently they thought better of the players.

Your argument is ridiculous. It's not "kiddy" or "carebear" to request a feature that improves quality of life for everyone, but it seems to help the self-esteem of "hardcore" players to constantly point out how superior they are because they avoid vendoring their gear. News flash - I've never vendored a great item either. Whoopee. I also haven't stepped in dog crap recently, but that doesn't mean I enjoy afternoon walks more if I scan every foot of the sidewalk to make certain I don't.

Some features just make logical sense. This is one of them.