MP0 is the way to go!

General Discussion
oh okay then, guess no MP0 for stupid A2 -_- I hate A2...
11/03/2012 07:32 PMPosted by Souljah11
oh okay then, guess no MP0 for stupid A2 -_- I hate A2...

Most everyone hates act 2. I refuse to farm there. Every other mob has an invulnerable mechanic of some kind or some other annoying mechanic (bugs, reflect spin)
Its the stupid wasps for me
Of course less geared players should start out in mp0, what's new?
@@
So to the MP0 farmers on ACT III, do you only pick up ilvl 63 rares?
Of course less geared players should start out in mp0, what's new?
@@

I'd consider myself pretty geared (armory is showing my XP/MF gear, so i'm using pretty meh gear), and I went from Paragon level 40-46 so far today in about 6 hours in ML0. I've also made over 100m doing it.

I can't even come close to that on MP1-3 while wearing my best gear (DPS 211k, 43k HP, 450 AR). MP0 allows me to maintain MF capped, while wearing a 23% xp leorics, 35% xp hellfire, 35% xp hellfire on follower, and a 31% xp gem while clearing almost the entire Act 3 in about 30 minutes.

11/03/2012 08:44 PMPosted by xsubtownerx

Only pick up 1H, jewelry, and gloves. Almost all other slots have legendaries that have better stats rares cannot roll.

ilevel is not very important, all items roll with ilevel 63 stats. The only diff is ilevel 63 can have better base stats.
In Inferno at Monster Power 1 or greater, monsters in every Act will also be bumped up to level 63 and share the same high-end item drop rates. This means that no matter which act you're progressing through, the monsters in that act will all have the same shot at dropping items level 61-63, including crafting recipes, Legendary items, and set items.

Because of this statement in the patch notes, I don't farm below MP 1.
This mp0 run is good for xp, but bad for legends. Did 2 quarter alkaizer runs and not even a single legend/set at 370+ mf. Did one mp2 run at 423mf and got 4 legends.
11/03/2012 09:38 PMPosted by Shawnta
In Inferno at Monster Power 1 or greater, monsters in every Act will also be bumped up to level 63 and share the same high-end item drop rates. This means that no matter which act you're progressing through, the monsters in that act will all have the same shot at dropping items level 61-63, including crafting recipes, Legendary items, and set items.

Because of this statement in the patch notes, I don't farm below MP 1.

dude, act3 is already all level 63 monsters...
Hmm, thought I was hitting the sweet spot at MP2...pretty much everything dies instantly anyway. Maybe I'll do some MP0 runs and see what I think..
i dunno, i roll mp 3 pretty easily. only problem is reflects damage mobs. so i don't see much point to go all the way back to no mp.

might as well do 3 if i can do 3 easily
I'm gonna have to disagree with this. I kill everything on MP3 about as fast as I do on MP0. At least, not nearly slow enough to make up for the bonus experience, MF, GF, and bonus item drops. I usually do MP5 because it's only slightly slower, but still mostly faceroll, and gives me more bonuses. I'd say just do the MP level you can do without dying and kill things relatively quickly.
Yeah, I agree. Just do the maximum mp level you can do without dying much and you'll get legends too. MP0 is not for all.
I went Para 40 to 45 today, Act 3 MP0.

Definitely the fastest leveling method. Made about 75m off of legendaries in the process too.

I run MP1, I can clear it almost as fast as MP0 with the added bonus of 25MF. But yeah, depending on your DPS, the lower MP levels are the best for farming. Mentioned it a few times on general chat and there's always someone who will call you a noob. Don't knock it till you try it. Upwards of 500k xp per minute.

I still find MP0 with magic find gear is faster and results in higher magic find than MP1. Doesn't matter DPS, I tried full clears of MP1 and MP0 with 220k DPS. MP0 still wins in both XP and profits for me.

Put on some magic find gear to make up the 25% difference, and still kill faster.

Wow at 220k dps your still find mp 0 faster...

I'm done upgrading my archon build...
11/04/2012 12:12 AMPosted by theodore
I'm gonna have to disagree with this. I kill everything on MP3 about as fast as I do on MP0. At least, not nearly slow enough to make up for the bonus experience, MF, GF, and bonus item drops. I usually do MP5 because it's only slightly slower, but still mostly faceroll, and gives me more bonuses. I'd say just do the MP level you can do without dying and kill things relatively quickly.

Your dps is 68k and you mostly faceroll mp 5?
so mp0 is the best for xp?

Only pick up 1H, jewelry, and gloves. Almost all other slots have legendaries that have better stats rares cannot roll.

ilevel is not very important, all items roll with ilevel 63 stats. The only diff is ilevel 63 can have better base stats.

That isn't true at all. Items on MP0 roll stats based on the item level. On MP1+ items roll stats based on the enemy lvls, thus 63 always.

With that said, I did two runs. One on MP0 and one on MP1. It took me 10 more minutes to do the MP1 run, but that is mostly due to having to ID a lot more items at the end of the run.

Based on my experience, MP1 is by far more productive for XP grinding. I'm sure it's all based on charater/builds of course. But for me at least, 65k Monk, MP1 is the way to go.
I find Mp0 inefficient. Mobs die too fast i cant get any fury out of them. Mp3 is my sweetspot. Dunno bout exp but im sitting with almost 2 pages full of legendaries and 39 fiery brimstones in stash.
And im a casual player.