Highest DPS with literally perfect gear.

General Discussion
Title says it all, lets say you got perfect rings, perfect ammy, perfect gloves, etc etc etc... perfect everthing.
What is the highest DPS possible on a character?
highest DPS achievable if you may by one or all of the characters.
(forget about resistance,speed, Im worried about DPS right now)

Please dont get off topic. Ive curious ever since I saw someone with 300k+ DPS.
Yes, on DH and Barb. (unbuffed)

Usually those people really start to sacrifice survivability.

Also on WD but that was with that soul spell.
with the right skills some can get almost 1m DPS, but thats single target DPS.

Anyway. You can calculate it by your self. Get some DPS calculator and type the max stats from items in there (like 100 Crit Damage, 10% Crit Chance and 9% attack speed on amulets) and see what you get.
highest dps unbuffed atm is 500k+
I bet anything that if you did achieve the "Highest DPS" it would require having an unbalanced gear build, and survival would be low to non-existent.

Sorry but I was a maintank and long time PVP player in wow, and I know the value of survival. Having too little is always bad, and I have had to kick people from WOW raids literally because they couldn't even survive the AOE splash damage that everyone has to take.

Seems to me that many don't understand this concept here, but are learning via things like reflect dmg.

PVP will for sure expose the people that geared wrong, and they will learn all the damage in the world isn't worth much if you get bursted down in a few seconds.

Who knows though they may even add PVP gear for tokens or something which might make it easier to know how to gear via some crucial stat like resilience.

Bottom line of all this? There is more to these games than DPS, and PVP for one will show that for sure mark my words.

Spec along with the right balance of DPS, damage reduction, and descent effective health will be the keys for PVP success. And don't forget skill, that's always the big trump card.
I just calculated if a barb had like max stats on everything, even the good legendaries. And if he's dual wield, with insane sick weapons and everything is perfect, assuming the 2 dps passives he's at like 600k dps.
I have a friend with 575k dps. It's fun because he wrecks ubers...and gets 1 shotted by trash mobs XD
http://www.d3rmt.com/guides/diablo-3-item-stat-maximum-values/

Grab those and input them into a dps calculator.
Diablofans posted stuff about 3.somthing Barb and DH. I didnt look to much into it as im sure there are some tricks with specc and stuff to get there. But maybe you guys like this then.

Wizard: http://www.diablofans.com/

DH: http://www.diablofans.com/news/1398-updated-105-undocumented-changes-31-million-dps-demon-huner-stay-awhile-and-listen-sneak-peek/

Barb: http://www.diablofans.com/topic/75821-patch-105a-barbarian-with-26-million-dps-scheduled-maintenance-10252012-witch-doctor-fan-art/
if I were to buy gear, I would shoot for 400 damage/50 chance/50 speed
The current record is held by a gentlemen who goes by the name of 역학조사관(shocker right?)

He's a DH with 500,787.37 unbuffed dps according to diablo progress.
@A little hazey ye ure right diabloprogress is the best site to go an see who holds the best un-buffed dps! and his name is in squares cos its probably not english language, i see that alot on like japenese words etc..
The current record is held by a gentlemen who goes by the name of 역학조사관(shocker right?)

How do you expect people to understand your numbers if you mix commas and dots ???
Self buffed is one of the points of the game and it shouldnt matter. AudiG has 700k dps on his Wiz and he uses all the increased dmg buffs.

How do you expect people to understand your numbers if you mix commas and dots ???

Luckily D3 uses no decimals.

Luckily D3 uses no decimals.

Blizzard thinks about everything !
How many farming bots does it take to aquire these 400k+ dps sets?
How about highest dps attained by someone not using RMAH? Hmm
I bet anything that if you did achieve the "Highest DPS" it would require having an unbalanced gear build, and survival would be low to non-existent.

Sorry but I was a maintank and long time PVP player in wow, and I know the value of survival. Having too little is always bad, and I have had to kick people from WOW raids literally because they couldn't even survive the AOE splash damage that everyone has to take.

Seems to me that many don't understand this concept here, but are learning via things like reflect dmg.

PVP will for sure expose the people that geared wrong, and they will learn all the damage in the world isn't worth much if you get bursted down in a few seconds.

Who knows though they may even add PVP gear for tokens or something which might make it easier to know how to gear via some crucial stat like resilience.

Bottom line of all this? There is more to these games than DPS, and PVP for one will show that for sure mark my words.

Spec along with the right balance of DPS, damage reduction, and descent effective health will be the keys for PVP success. And don't forget skill, that's always the big trump card.

You are such a loser