5 GREAT IMPROVEMENTS that take 5 mins to code

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 26 Next
awesome ideas. but I want all acts to have more mob density. even act3 would be way more fun with more monsters.
Interesting +1
10/31/2012 06:03 PMPosted by ChuckNorris
awesome ideas. but I want all acts to have more mob density. even act3 would be way more fun with more monsters.

True, but we are fixing problems here, and Act 3 is not really a problem :)
Until you have either helped developers design a game of this magnitude and scope. Or you get the funds and the dev team together to design your own game of this high magnitude. Then do not bother to say these things that you list are super easy to do.

Heck for something as simple as fixing a security issue with the login in Rift Online took two hours to have a hot fix ready. So making it impossible to log into someone else's account using login session tokens took them two hours to have a hot fix ready. That means some of the things on this list would take longer than 5 minutes.

1. So you expect each legendary to be so godly that all any character would ever wear is all legendaries. Sorry but it does not work that way. I know that players would love all of the lower level legendaries to be useful in endgame. But that is not the way that the game is right now.

I like having a mix of gear and I have looked at both. Sky splitter is really good, What do you think it needs to have main stat of 450-500 in order for it to be good? Where every piece just raises you so high in all areas that nothing can hurt or harm you and you can mindlessly wade through everything. That would take what little challenge that is here and reduce it to zero. NO way.

2. I like the mob density in this game as it is now. I do not need constant fighting without rest thank you.

3. I say no to adding in even more bonuses that the other non main stats do. That could throw off the balance of the game.

4. I do not mind any of the followers speaking. It brings in an emerson factor. Now if you want it as an option then okey.

Also if you have a girl friend that thinks less of you when a digital pixel woman, one that is not real to begin with speaks to you. Then I say one of two things. Either she does not trust you because she is the type that does not trust men. This could be due to other men she was in relationships that cheated on her.

Or it could be she does not trust you because you have cheated on her. Now if this is the issue then you better get some self control and not chase women.

Now if none of the above is true. Then there might be something wrong with your girl friend and she might not be a real friend at all. Just someone that wants to control every aspect of your life. If that is the case then find a new girl friend.

5. How does this cover the fact that is well known. Where the game itself dupes items. There have been players that have shown proof of getting two of the same item to drop not to far apart in time. So they get penalized for selling both of them that they do not need.
^^^

Lamest thing I have read in a long time.

Where do they get trolls with his level of energy?
Very great ideas.

The only criticism I have is from what I read, is it really sounds like you play a barb which makes me think you don't really understand how good you have it as it is ^^

The last thing we need is barbs getting even more buffed from intelligence/dex (I know you meant for all classes)

Lastly, @ShadowAegis

Shut the F up.
Excellent, out of the box thinking and I commend that.

If they incorporate a fraction of your ideas, they will be heading in the right direction (again)

+1
Great suggestions. +1
Excellent, out of the box thinking and I commend that.

If they incorporate a fraction of your ideas, they will be heading in the right direction (again)

+1

Only the right direction until Jay says so ;).

I like all the suggestions and seriously the Enchantress needs to shush as does the Templar. Don't touch the Scoundrel's dialogue though, he's perfect.
Haha! 5 minutes. You must be quite an engineer.
I love the Legendary idea. Imagine the frustration when you get Item Level 63 Legendary sword with 600 dps zzzzZZZ

I62 Legendary Ring - eg. Compass Rose. No primary stats, no IAS, no crit, no All resist. What makes it Legendary?
Great ideas.
I totally agree with number 1. They should add more affixes to the items. Sockets or chance to cast X ability/spell would be great. Hell, why don't they add an affix where you get a chance to cast an exploding chicken. Make the items fun and don't limit them to the legendaries. Yellows should also be fun. Legendaries should be fun and godly.
You are a !@#$%^ and you don't have a girlfriend.
I agree with #1 and # 2
for 3 there already is a minor benefit. Resist all for int, Armor for str, and dodge for dex. I don't see a reason to add more. For issue number 4, if its that big of a deal to you, try muting the game?? or perhaps just turn down the sound area that coincides with the followers dialogue (not sure what that is without opening the game but whatever).
For 5 there is a possibility to find duplicate items without cheating or breaking any rules. I myself have found the same item drop off 2 monsters in a row (a piece of junk follower item, most likely a glitch in game) however the people owning these duped items most likely aren't the culprits of the dupe they are just the unlucky person who purchased a duped item and should not be punished if they decided they no longer want the item and would like to sell it.
Just my 2 cents.
I agree 100% with #2 though, the best part in my opinion of d2 was the extremely large herds of cows in the the cow level. Maybe d3 doesn't need as extreme amounts of monster density as say the cow level in d2 however I think it could be turned up a bit. Maybe for each mp have it increase the density mp1 has double mp2 has triple etc etc. Would make things a bit more interesting.
1 - yes
2 - yes
3 - maybe, but no way is the barb getting any more fury, that'll be whirlwind chaos.
4 - no
5 - no
Until you have either helped developers design a game of this magnitude and scope. Or you get the funds and the dev team together to design your own game of this high magnitude. Then do not bother to say these things that you list are super easy to do.

Heck for something as simple as fixing a security issue with the login in Rift Online took two hours to have a hot fix ready. So making it impossible to log into someone else's account using login session tokens took them two hours to have a hot fix ready. That means some of the things on this list would take longer than 5 minutes.

1. So you expect each legendary to be so godly that all any character would ever wear is all legendaries. Sorry but it does not work that way. I know that players would love all of the lower level legendaries to be useful in endgame. But that is not the way that the game is right now.

I like having a mix of gear and I have looked at both. Sky splitter is really good, What do you think it needs to have main stat of 450-500 in order for it to be good? Where every piece just raises you so high in all areas that nothing can hurt or harm you and you can mindlessly wade through everything. That would take what little challenge that is here and reduce it to zero. NO way.

2. I like the mob density in this game as it is now. I do not need constant fighting without rest thank you.

3. I say no to adding in even more bonuses that the other non main stats do. That could throw off the balance of the game.

4. I do not mind any of the followers speaking. It brings in an emerson factor. Now if you want it as an option then okey.

Also if you have a girl friend that thinks less of you when a digital pixel woman, one that is not real to begin with speaks to you. Then I say one of two things. Either she does not trust you because she is the type that does not trust men. This could be due to other men she was in relationships that cheated on her.

Or it could be she does not trust you because you have cheated on her. Now if this is the issue then you better get some self control and not chase women.

Now if none of the above is true. Then there might be something wrong with your girl friend and she might not be a real friend at all. Just someone that wants to control every aspect of your life. If that is the case then find a new girl friend.

5. How does this cover the fact that is well known. Where the game itself dupes items. There have been players that have shown proof of getting two of the same item to drop not to far apart in time. So they get penalized for selling both of them that they do not need.

Ok, so it'll take more than 5 minutes. That's all you really had to say. The ideas *are* good, some of the best I've seen. I love the game but it could be improved and your assertion that it's fine as is really is odd. Indeed, the energy to type that out, what a waste.

More mobs are desperately needed. Lots of little spiders and imps to demolish pleeeeeease!!! I'm not sure how the duping idea would work but hell, it's a well thought out post and much appreciated op.
3) Add new benefits for non-main item stats. Ones that people can get excited about.

Here's an example...

For Barbarians, make it so that Intelligence increases your max fury, magic find, and slightly reduces your skill recharge times. Make it so that Dexterity slightly increases your attack speed and slightly increases your movement speed.

Every 100 points of Dex could equal +1% Attack Speed and +1% Movement Speed.

Every 100 points of Intelligence could equal +10 Max Fury, +10 Magic Find, and -5% recharge time for skills.

That wouldn't be enough for you to stack Dex or Int as your primary goal, but it WOULD make you feel a whole lot better when your otherwise-godly sword rolls a +239 Dexterity or when your godly Litany of the Undaunted shows up as Intelligence instead of Strength.

These changes could lead to a lot more dynamic character builds, and create value for weapons and armor that are otherwise useless to a player. Unlike the others, this change would take a few days to sketch out and implement, but could be done in a week or less. It would literally make the game twice as good in one swoop.

As a wizard with over 20% dodge chance (that i have sacraficed nothing specific to get) i agree with other comments that this system might be potential for imbalance (there are some great legendaries with good amounts of all 3 main stats that don't really need a power boost), and also that it might be a little complicated to impliment as you say. However, it would be awesome. I would suggest smaller, simpler bonuses that don't become overpowered at massively high levels - max fury might be a good idea, but cooldown reduction is asking for trouble.

Agreed with all your other points (except #4, and i think some legendaries could probably have some minimum values lowered a bit.. and i guess there's probably a better way to deal with dupes but we might as well start simple), well said, here's hoping the higher ups agree!
Yes they should make stats give more benefits + more monsters for act 1 and 2.
Your post is awesome and you should feel awesome.