Fowl Lair (Wheel of misfortune achievement)

General Discussion
It varies and i believe that it should.
I got the Fowl Lair about 15 minutes ago. Been trying to finish the wheel achievement and find Veiled Treasure vault.
Weird, I have only seen it like 3 times but it was fowl lair EVERY TIME.
It took me about 100 runs I'd say, but funny because the fowl lair was one of the most common ones I found. That and the gold shower one. My last one was the pack of rare mobs.
What is this all about? Ignorant me here has no idea.
Just so you know, we did not change the chances for the Fowl Lair to appear in the Wheel of Misfortune. I have never found it either, but have only spent a fraction of the time searching for it that you have.

I finally got it. I still have 5 more different ones to get . I haven't played act II all that much though. It was quite a surprise I will say that.
i cant get the veiled treasure vault
I've got all the good ones and I've maybe found it 10 times ever. I ran it for 30 mins or so and got the fowl lair. Lots of good guides on the forums on how to run it effectively. Some folks are lucky. Some aren't.
11/13/2012 09:19 PMPosted by Sevenernine

I'd like to know as well....
Posted by Sevenernine

It's about an event in the Desolate Sand.

Anyway, I'm trying to complete this achievement too: I'm at 9/10 now, don't know which one is missing but I've found the Fowl Lair few days ago, for the first time since 15th may. I must say I've never farmed act II a lot and after this will be done I'll change again because I feel is the hardest if monsters are lvl 63.
I don't know which one I'm missing, but I've gotten the fowl lair at least twice.
I must have got the fowl lair a dozen of time, but never the veiled treasure.. and the only one I'm missing atm.
Achievement 6/10
Posted by Sevenernine

It's about an event in the Desolate Sand.

Anyway, I'm trying to complete this achievement too: I'm at 9/10 now, don't know which one is missing but I've found the Fowl Lair few days ago, for the first time since 15th may. I must say I've never farmed act II a lot and after this will be done I'll change again because I feel is the hardest if monsters are lvl 63.

ORLY Cus I couldn't understand that from the thread! :rolleyes:

Anyone care to explain a little bit more??

What's going on in this thread, how do you complete the achievement and what does it give you?
I got Fowl Lair, and I'm still stuck like forever on 8/10...
And it will take loooong, as there's a 1 in "x" chance of rolling the wheel at desolate sands, and another 1 in 10 chance of rolling what I need.

That's the sole reason I farm Act 2 instead of 3...
I still have some frozen achievements since launch, does anyone else have these ? Should I rant in a ticket ?
ORLY Cus I couldn't understand that from the thread! :rolleyes:

Anyone care to explain a little bit more??

What's going on in this thread, how do you complete the achievement and what does it give you?

Oh, I'm sorry for my laziness, here's the full explanation:
in the achievements tab, go under campaign->act II tab, there is the wheel of misfortune achievement that grants a banner accent when completed. To complete it you have to find the guy in the desolate sands who states that he and his brother have found this machine but now his brother is dead trying it so he leaves it to whomever is interested and runs away: everytime you activate the device something different happens and when you'll have discovered every possible result, they are 10, you'll get the achievement.

I hope i've been clear and exhaustive this time.
Took me forever but finally got the achievement. The last type was the body filled with gold. Lost track of how many runs I did to get it, but so glad it is over. Such an evil achievement.
I don't understand why achievement isn't credited when I got these 10 possibillities listed here, isn't this the correct list?
1. gold shower
2. urn
3. normal chest
4. resplen.chest
5. fowl lair
6. veiled treasure
7. Ernute (sp?) unique
8. rare skeleton mob
9. insect swarm
10. diseased bodies
Also, I encountered a plain gold shower in early patches and a dead merchant gold shower in later ones. What possibility am I missing?

Just so you know, we did not change the chances for the Fowl Lair to appear in the Wheel of Misfortune. I have never found it either, but have only spent a fraction of the time searching for it that you have.

STOP DUPING
11/13/2012 07:36 PMPosted by Kobu
I got the Fowl Lair a whole bunch. The dead guy was the last to be found. I found all the others multiple times before getting my final one.

My wife found the dead guy 5+ times while looking for her final one, the regular (non-resplendent) treasure chest. She also got 3 or 4 fowl lairs.

This was all last week.