Info on PvP! 200M To Last Bumper Before Blue

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 26 Next
I just wish for blizzard to make an annoucement WHEN pvp will be released or around..
very true, a bit on info, hence hype is always a good thing, even if they say it could be atleast another 3 months away
update please
@nanoforge

interesting post!
I love PvP so I will bump this as well. I have been willing to level up and play D3 with the hope that this game will develop a strong PvP environment that gets expanded upon in any new xpac.

So below I will post some of the things I would love to see the developers consider.

Massive PvP zone.
1 *Legendary Blacksmith,
1 *Legendary Jeweler,
3 instance nodes that opens every 5 minutes to new content but must be controlled by only 1 group until that group enters the instance.
All the keywardens (MP 7 – 10) spawn and roam the zone every 15 minutes.
1 (MP 7 – 10) Diablo spawns and roams the zone every 30 minutes, while Diablo is alive he can sometimes summon shadow clones of those unlucky players near to him.
Killing another player gives NV.

*A Legendary Jeweler or Blacksmith of the immortals, who can make 1 incredibly (max number of item properties and weapons always have a socket) rare pvp jem or weapon / armor every 30 minutes and a lvl 64 legendary item every 15 minutes. It would aslo be cool if the blacksmith and JC could add a socket to any item once every 2 hours but not beyond the socket limit for that item. All items should have the ability to have at least one socket.
Wanted to input more ideas for a Massive PvP zone.

Make it like the 2nd phase of the diablo fight where it has the fog of war. That should add to the excitement and suspense.

It would also be cool to have unique pvp shrines like a stealth radius shrine or a reflect damage shrine.

Make it like the 2nd phase of the diablo fight where it has the fog of war. That should add to the excitement and suspense.

It would also be cool to have unique pvp shrines like a stealth radius shrine or a reflect damage shrine.

I liked it till you suggested reflect damage... ERMAGERD!!
PvP will be released @ Patch 1.1.0

We now are on 1.0.5

Look up the time-table between the releases and do the math yourself.

I liked it till you suggested reflect damage... ERMAGERD!!

lol

They could also have a LoH shrine...
PvP will be released @ Patch 1.1.0

We now are on 1.0.5

Look up the time-table between the releases and do the math yourself.

So a perfect time to give input!!
My biggest concern is if there is going to be some sort of open world pvp. I have never heard blizz say anything other than there will be a matched arena system. While I am sure that whatever they do with arena duels will be fine I think it would be a big mistake not to include open world pvp as well. Someone said something about planting your flag to challenge a duel and I think that would be perfect and simple.
My biggest concern in if pvp will suck when its released.
Glad to see the bumps and lots of people bringing up good points!

So is it confirmed that pvp would only be playable within arenas (no open world) and only 4 players max?

Not confirmed, I am simply going off the youtube video of the arena games they had.
Blizzard has confirmed this numerous times, unless they decide to change their minds. They also said pvp and pve will be seperate entities so expect everyone to have the same gear levels when it comes to arena matches.