Taking way more damage today than yesterday..

General Discussion
Prev 1 21 22 23 46 Next
yeah, maybe they are just trolls who have not even played in 3 days.
@Prology

Not sure about that, but let's not go that way.

Do you seriously think Blues will response? :(

I think LordSpanky should create another thread to continue.
I logged in today and got rolled by the first elite pack I encountered

I was farming mp4 for a while ez pz, but have been doing mp 2 for a few days for face roll ez

haven't even been in danger of dying once until today. I would stand in molten, fire chains, and frollick around in arcane beams. Today I went after previously mentioned pack and splat, fire chains killed me in like 3 seconds. Couldn't fken believe it lol

needless to say I had to finish that pack and most of the run MUCH more carefully. fking mp2.. my ego is damaged

and for anyone who checks my profile it updated the new items I got on Wednesday but not my life or dps.. dunno what the deal is. Im at 60k unbuffed dps now

sorry for messy post, hate cell phone typing
Witch Doctor here.

Saw this thread yesterday and expected to experience this "issue".

I Didn't noticed any more incoming damage, and in fact I bumped my monster power farming UP to about 5. This forum just seems to like to cry about everything solely to hear the sound of their fingers typing out their "complaints"

In my findings it's not when I solo...it's when I'm grouped. I just did a quick run in the festering woods MP5...and the spike damage was there but doable...enjoyed it actually....

Last night with MP5 with a group, we kept on getting hammered on...We didn't know what the hell was going on...we kept on dying....that was with 3 toons.....I ended up switching to MOH Time of need for the extra resist....Plus war cry (or whatever it is)..I play with the dudes ALL the time...everyday...

That right there tells me that elemental damage increased from 1.0.5 to the hot fix on Thursday....

If it's intended, then fine, I'll deal with it...BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD..someone from Blizz say something.........
I logged in today and got rolled by the first elite pack I encountered

I was farming mp4 for a while ez pz, but have been doing mp 2 for a few days for face roll ez

haven't even been in danger of dying once until today. I would stand in molten, fire chains, and frollick around in arcane beams. Today I went after previously mentioned pack and splat, fire chains killed me in like 3 seconds. Couldn't fken believe it lol

needless to say I had to finish that pack and most of the run MUCH more carefully. fking mp2.. my ego is damaged

and for anyone who checks my profile it updated the new items I got on Wednesday but not my life or dps.. dunno what the deal is. Im at 60k unbuffed dps now

sorry for messy post, hate cell phone typing

This is my experience as well.

It honestly baffles my mind how some could not have noticed it considering how drastic the change is for me.

There may be reasons why some are claiming to have not experienced this.

1. they didn't pay nearly as much attention to the monsters on the 24th as they claim to have.

2. their memories are playing tricks on them.

3. they are playing at a level that is above or below where they should be, which is challenging but doable. as ive said, if they were ripping or getting ripped then chances are they still are ripping or getting ripped, respectively. Therefore, there is no difference as far as they can see.

4. for whatever reason they want to keep things the way they are. perhaps they are godly and they like the fact that the game further separates them from lesser geared players.

5. they are just plain trolling.

6. they are lying about having played on the 24th all together.

I mean no offense to anyone.
No change here.

I guess I'm a trolling liar who can't remember what the mobs were like after the damage reduction.
Games still too easy.
is it possible that instead of buffing elite damage, they did a stealth nerf to All Resist? and thats why they don't want to comment on this topic cuz they don't want to admit to this being another one of blizz's greedy act?
10/26/2012 04:10 PMPosted by DRKNIGHT
is it possible that instead of buffing elite damage, they did a stealth nerf to All Resist? and thats why they don't want to comment on this topic cuz they don't want to admit to this being another one of blizz's greedy act?

I would honestly say that it is more than likely.
10/26/2012 04:10 PMPosted by DRKNIGHT

if this was true, the % values for damage reduction on a specific amount of resistance would have to have changed. either that, or the values before or after were / are incorrect.
Need justice, my wiz is so nerfed after 1.05 i need the damage to be fixed.
Having the same problem with mob damage post-hotfix. I used to faceroll MP2 with zero deaths most runs, now I'm dying multiple times. very strange.
I also think it's related to AR.

But, is it possible that after the initial 1.5 patch they inadvertently buffed AR, and in 1.5a they set it back?

I tought losing war cry was going to hurt my guy way more than it did. I thought at the time that was because of the nerf to monster damage that they did at the same time to actually "buff" our classes. I'm starting to think they did not have somthing quite right in that respect and just fixed it.

It could also explain why they nerfed MP levels when no one was having trouble with them the way they were, but in anticipation of a AR corection.

WAY OUT THERE.....but since Blizz is clocked out for the weekend we can only guess.
Still taking increased damage, would be nice to know if this is a bug or is here to stay.
My Barbarian has been doing OK in Inferno before yesterday, not dieing to much, went to the oasis to continue my game and Whamm! Boommmm!, Bangggg!, did I get clobbered, by the time I got back to Hidden Camp it cost me over 21 hundred to fix my gear, a new record for me.

Windigo
WD here, and yes, something might be wrong with monster damage.

Did some key runs on act3 (MP4) two days ago. Died only once (molten/desecrator/reflect dmg), but the runs were kinda easy.

Today, well...

Logs in>MP4>Act 3: Stonefort>dead on 1st elite pack (quill rats w/ plague, vampiric, nightmare, which should be relatively easy).

Tried other packs; didn't die, but had to use potions and health globes wayy more often than before.

At first, I thought about opening a thread about the issue, but as seen, more ppl have the same observations. Glad it's not just tinfoil hat, but a real issue.
@KTap, if they are correct Blizzard BUFFED damage when they were attempting to nerf it.
So if Blizzard corrects the error, it's not "Nerf again" it's the original nerf. just once.

If you are so awesome and bored with this game at 200K dps, let's switch gear. That will make your game more of a "challenge" for you, I promise.

I'll find a way to cope with the boredum at 200K dps.
Ok... I did some testing and heres some numbers..

My stats.. with EA on but not Prismatic I have
5812 Armor
826 Lightning Resist

Went into A2 on MP0 MP1 and MP5 and messed around with the Shocking Spiderlings to get some numbers. I would stand and take tons of hits and tried to record the highest amount of damage I took. I had my trusty Templar healing and used potions and diamond skin to give time for templar and pots to cooldown. Hers the numbers that I could see..

Shocking Spiderlings
MP0 ~2,200 dmg Max (I could stand and tank these all day..)
MP1 ~3,500 dmg Max (Could take this for a little while)
MP5 ~4,800 dmg Max (Couldnt take for long)

So whats the math show?? Well if you take MP1 and MP5 and reduce them by the amount they state the increase damage... (1.096 for MP1 and 1.5194 for MP5) you come up with roughly the same number.. a base damage of around 3200 damage.. but we can clearly see that MP 0 is MUCH less than that.. It appears by even turning MP on you increase monsters base damage by 45%.

I have tested this with a few more monsters in Act 2 and with a few exceptions this appears to be the case... MP1 to MP5 show the same BASE Monster damage but MP0 to MP1 shows a drastic increase in damage.. most cases it was around 45-50%. In the weird case of Lightning Guardians and Blazing Guardians it was much more...

Blazing Guardian fire... (with 878 Fire Resist)
MP0 ~2,200 dmg... (could stand in the fire with nary a worry)
MP1 ~5,100 dmg... (this stung)
MP5 ~7,100 dmg... (yeah... died if staid more than enough to get the largest tick)

Again.. MP1 to MP5 showed they were based off the same damage base (around 4,700) but thats over two times what MP0 does!

So what do I think?? Blizzard first nerfed everything by 25% to "compensate" for our skill mitigation nerf... then they very PUBLICLY state that damage was to high and they had some unforseen bugs and "nerf" this by another... wait for it... 25%.. Now people are reporting that damage is higher but public testing shows that MP1-10 is all according to plan... but what has really happened (whether intentional or not) is that by even turning MP on you increase their base damage by ~50%.

And and for those who want to point out that MP1-10 has level 63 monsters while MP0 can have lower level... Blues have clearly stated that MP0 A2 is level 62 monsters and difference that 1 level makes for damage mititgation is less than half a percent... or in this case roughly 50dmg at most.

I encourage other folks to test this... we need to start keeping track of what monster attacks base damage range is so we can clearly identify when Blizz stealth buff/nerf damage.