Taking way more damage today than yesterday..

General Discussion
Prev 1 24 25 26 46 Next
10/26/2012 06:58 PMPosted by Lylirra
According to all of our tests, the damage values haven't changed. But, like I said, we're going to continue monitoring the issue and your posts over the weekend just in case there's something else affecting your experience.

I haven't been playing inferno the last few days so I can't provide personal anecdotes about dmg changes, but I wanted to ask. Did you guys check the other half of the equation, ie: player dmg reduction from armor/resist? Or did you just check the monster dmg output?

If players are taking more damage seems like it'd make sense to check that too.
10/26/2012 07:22 PMPosted by LordSpanky
As far as I am concerned they are willing to bold faced lie to our faces.

What would Blizz gain by lying?
A few days before the patch I scrapped all my old characters and started a new one who's currently level 16 and I haven't cleared ACT I yet. I was able to play with MP5 with out a problem. After the patch I have been struggling with MP2 even after going to the GAH and upgrading a few things to increase my DPS and my armor.

I'm going to make the bold assumption all the posts here are form people in Inferno. That's all fine and dandy but it would seem this damage increase isn't limited to Inferno.
10/26/2012 06:54 PMPosted by Benish
So everyone is just making this up now? I never come and !@#$% on forums but there has been a change. I just started playing from 1.02 but blizzard just when I was starting to like this game again you go do your typical crap. When the next patch comes out I will just remember 1.05 bull. Killed the game because of your greed

Everybody made up the IT wiz hacking thing, everybody made up drops being fluctuated by the AH population, and everybody made this up too.

Come on this is the D3 forums.

If they tell the truth, that something has changed, then they would be obligated to fix it.

However, if the change is indeed an intentional ninja nerf, then it would be contrary to their plans to tell the truth. Since again, it would mean they would have to fix it.

This possibility was mentioned in an earlier post and to be honest, it doesn't surprise me.

I have now lost complete faith in blizzard.

The differences I have experienced today and yesterday versus the 24th are profound to say the least.

Not only does my WD take more damage, but my pets are practically proof on their own that something has changed.

20+ runs without a pet death vs respawning dogs 2-3 times per game at a lower mp level.

My gear and skills and stats are the same.

NOW this has turned into a tinfoil hat issue.

EDIT:

RD has also changed without a doubt.

I didnt even pay attention to whether or not the mp packs I was fighting had RD or not on the 24th. It didn't matter at the time. I am now doing everything I can to avoid RD, as I can no longer use bears vs RD. As I said, same gear and stats.
Yes. I did gear changed.

Its about 30 AR and 100 Vit increase which sum up to 30k ehp more than 1.0.5 release and taking more damage.

If they tell the truth, that something has changed they would be obligated to fix it.

However, if the change is indeed an intentional ninja nerf, then it would be contrary to their plans to tell the truth. Since again, it would mean they would have to fix it.

This possibility was mentioned in an earlier post and to be honest, it doesn't surprise me.

That's so convoluted it's twisting my brain into a pretzel. Why on earth would they hide damage buffs? They've had no problem posting other very unpopular changes.
I really don't give a !@#$ anymore. Selling all my %^-*ty weapons deleting character. I'm done. Say whatever but this doesn't feel like a "fun" game to me. Don't expect a response. Peace
I also see my health bar drop a LOT faster than it did a couple days ago. A random skeleton that I walk by would swing and hit me for 4k now hits me for 7k. Same exact gear. Everything hits a little harder.

Consistently.
Sorry but blues have spoken and confirmed what many of us already knew, nothing changed or got bugged. /thread.
The issue that is being experienced is that some of you got hit for less dmg than they should have pre-dmg-fix. I checked the players who claim they now cant do mp6/7/8 anymore...they should have never been able to in the first place. Someone claimed to have tanked mp9 for his friends. I checked his profile. 4k armor and 50k hp. Just no. You shouldnt even be able to tank mp7 without trouble.

So while most of us experience reduced dmg from mobs now, some might have had a bug that caused mobs to deal less dmg. That bug is now gone with the dmg-reduce-fix, causing these players to overall get hit by more than before.
I noticed it too. There has to be something changed. Its why I came on the forums to check
FIX REFLECT DAMAGE AND IF YOU ARE A BARB OR MONK DON'T BOTHER FLAMING

10/26/2012 07:40 PMPosted by Benish
I really don't give a !@#$ anymore. Selling all my %^-*ty weapons deleting character. I'm done. Say whatever but this doesn't feel like a "fun" game to me. Don't expect a response. Peace

Im with you

Here is my sale thread bump mine and ill bump yours

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004010920
10/26/2012 07:40 PMPosted by Benish

wait....wait..

can i have your stuff?
what? but i didnt die in RD mobs.. im doin mp4 and i have only 42k dps only...
In this thread: People who foist their impulsive personalities upon others to validate their crappy lives.

Nothing has changed. It's in your head.

I am not impulsive. In fact I am a very deliberate person. I do NOT normally make posts like these, and in fact, I usually shake my head and laugh a little when I see them.

If they tell the truth, that something has changed they would be obligated to fix it.

That's so convoluted it's twisting my brain into a pretzel. Why on earth would they hide damage buffs? They've had no problem posting other very unpopular changes.

I respect and understand the need for employing scientific method in such matters.

I am a biology major with a partial masters in environmental science.

However, observation is the beginning of all matters in science.

Also, in this matter I think observation may be more important at this point than science.

People can sometimes let their minds play tricks on them, or can be influenced by suggestion. I get that. However, the observations being made by people are similar enough over all to carry significant weight.

Unfortunately, we can not go back in time to acquire data on what the monsters were outputting on the 24th.

Blizz knows full well we could never actually prove any of this at this point.
10/26/2012 07:43 PMPosted by Jörmungandr
FIX REFLECT DAMAGE AND IF YOU ARE A BARB OR MONK DON'T BOTHER FLAMING

How about fix your gear? You have barely any AR.