Who else enjoys characters' emotive actions?

General Discussion
I like to use them, but I don't see anyone else doing so.

When someone revive me, I press numpad 3 for "Thanks a lot"

Sometimes when I revive someone, I press 9 for "Let's do this!" (or "Ready to go!") (I know it's actually meant to be as me saying I'm ready...but whatever)

I wish there was a button that said something like "You're incredible!" to complement some nice dps player I find...

and another that said "Congratulations!" ( for example, when a hardcore friend passes one more level. )

I never used emotive actions like "This is for you" or "Run!" ...

and I'm wondering how far can people hear if I press "Help me!" button...

If someone is on the same dungeon as me...but really far away... and I find an elite mob... if I press 0, will the guy hear it?

Anyway, the point of this topic is to know if other people also like to use emotive actions, or even give ideas for new ones.... :)
I use them a lot
when someone revives me, I say "Thanks"
when someone thanks me, I say "Yes"
before a boss or an elite pack, I say "You're going to die!" or whatever it says

and if someone is like, let's say a screen away, he will not hear it (or very not loud)
Pretty n00b question: how do you hotkey them?
11/01/2012 08:58 PMPosted by baronsengir

options - key bindings

before a boss or an elite pack, I say "You're going to die!" or whatever it says

Hahah, me too...

sometimes I feel stupid when no one else but me says anything .

11/01/2012 08:58 PMPosted by baronsengir

By standard they are on your numeric keyboard keys... but like Jay said, you can change it to other keys on "Key bindings"
I have a bad tendency to never use these emotes, but I feel like I need to get into the habit now. Thanks for bringing this up! I am a fan of how small gestures like this help influence a more engaging atmosphere in games.
that reminds me a few months back ppl find me overspamming the taunt gesture b4 boss fights

guess i gotta set this hotkey again for ubers woot
never even knew we had this, are they just voices? or is there actually char movement? it would be pretty sweet if we had a /dance :D
11/01/2012 10:09 PMPosted by ghostblade
never even knew we had this, are they just voices? or is there actually char movement? it would be pretty sweet if we had a /dance :D

They actually move.

But it's small movements....

For example, when the Wizard says "Let's do this!" she puts her right hand up in the air in excitement.
is there a /dance?

if not i want gangnam style for the barbs :D
It pains me deeply to say that... but ... no :( ...

there isn't.
For the love of everything, DONT.Also emotes were awesome when I was 12. Now they're everywhere they can be and they're kinda gay. Makes me mad when people use them especially adults

-Your weakness disgusts the gods.
11/01/2012 10:31 PMPosted by Ouroboros
For the love of everything, DONT.Also emotes were awesome when I was 12. Now they're everywhere they can be and they're kinda gay. Makes me mad when people use them especially adults

-Your weakness disgusts the gods.

hehe, that's the monk, right?
11/01/2012 10:01 PMPosted by Grimiku
I have a bad tendency to never use these emotes, but I feel like I need to get into the habit now. Thanks for bringing this up! I am a fan of how small gestures like this help influence a more engaging atmosphere in games.

._.
YES! please, emotes are awesome, hard to get the habit though, but great indeed :D
I love screaming "Retreat!" on my barb (This one I believe you have to assign it) as I fall back to my friends (not for long) while being purchased by fallen maniacs xD !!

Sometimes they listen to me and try to catch up, others.... They listen to music :D not so lucky

For the love of everything, DONT.

Also emotes were awesome when I was 12. Now they're everywhere they can be and they're kinda gay. Makes me mad when people use them especially adults.

These aren't so much "Emotes" as they are "Voice Commands" to give players a cue to run, or that you wanna give them something, or quickly say thanks... etc.

I've used the RUN one many times when I'm the strongest person in the party and we've bitten off a lil more than we can chew.

I've used the "Take this" emote to get the attention of people I wish to give something to. Pressing that button before initiating a trade is a quick way to let someone know a trade is incoming, or that what you dropped is fair game to pick up. There are a lot of honorable people in DIII. In Diablo II if you dropped something, it was immediately scooped. In Diablo III if playing with just 1 person, when you drop something -- they are usually hesitant. I imagine the Free For All loot system of Diablo II bred people to quickly pick up drops, but the Private Loot of Diablo III lets people rely on their own judgement instead of reflex.

These are not like "/e dance" emotes. These are shorthand quick messages that are indeed quite helpful when used properly.

It's like trying to play Tribes without VSAF..... It's just a mess unless you are playing ONLY with people in your vent channel.

Adults generally use emotes correctly. Children use them to grief/have fun/think it's funny to spam them.

I don't think it's sad when adults use emotes that are call outs like this. It's like trying to play DoTa, if there was a voice command that pinged the user who used it for missing, it would be 1,000x better.

It doesn't matter when you roll premade 5's, but if you are playing in solo queue, it would make all the difference in the world in terms of coordination.
One of the few things that actually made it through from the previous installment. They had these same kinds of voices assigned to the numpad in D2. "Time to die." "Run~ Run away!" "This is yours." Really wish barbs weren't the only returning characters as I really miss my Amazon and her Valkyrie the most.