Does anyone else miss maphack?

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7
No.

And because of the nearly non-existent randomness of the maps there is absolutely no need for it

Oh and this as well

I don't miss it, because I never used it. And mostly because I'm not so pathetic at games as to need one. Seriously, the so called map hack for Diablo II was about the height of stupid, weak cheating in any game, ever. I have zero respect for anyone who used it. They have to be absolutely pathetic, weak, mouth breathing simpletons to need a map hack for Diablo. Seriously.

Don't give me "ease of finding" anything. That's all ridiculous and rationalizing. That's the entire point of this game.. exploring and finding things. People who want to cheat past that are just about as ADD / impatient / selfish as they come.

~Regards
A Rampant AI~
Can you get a map hack in d3? Yes.
Is is against the EULA? Yes it is, same as in d2.
Will you get banned for using it? Probably not, same as in d2.

I don't see a point in this thread...

I'd say the chances are better now than in D2. I actually don't even know if I was banned in D2 for using MH. The reality is I got tired of playing the game, put it down for a few years, forgot my username/password, and then created a new one eventually.

Maybe they banned me over those few years of downtime, but I can tell you that I used MH for a good six months before I got over it (D2 that is).

The point of the thread is to continue a dialogue on this topic, which you've just participated in. So you have unknowingly contributed to the purpose of this thread.
11/05/2012 11:58 AMPosted by Bricken
Maphack is/was cheating.....
Yes it was. But I think the topic should be approached as "What if it wasn't (cheating)?

Of course we know the map layouts. Everyone's played act 3 enough to know the towers enter, they do a circle thing, and end in the middle. The additional information being questioned is what if you knew where the keywardens were ahead of time? Or elite packs?

Would you find it beneficial if you walked out of the Dahlgar Oasis waypoint and saw an arrow pointing to the keywarden?

Should it be legal? Tough question....

I'd probably say no. If only because it would ruin the way I play the game right now.

Cheating is what you do when you're done with a game and you don't care about it anymore. The game itself is still enjoyable for me, and I don't have a reason to alter it as it stands right now.

I'd be curious to see others opinions on it though.
this website forums are the best "on the can" reading material ever!!

Wow! It's been a while since I've seen such a one dimensional, black and white, you did something once and you are therefore labelled as such for the rest of your life, I don't want to consider anything anyone says and I'm absolutely right, kind of person.

Thanks for the laugh.

He admitted doing it more than once, there's a history going back to the SNES and gameshark.. he's into cheating, he's not ashamed of it, he just likes to spin it into something it's not. Comparing cheating using a maphack to buying gear using legitimate methods. It's just absurd, but obviously you also cheat and are okay with it. Let me guess, you did it "once"...

I also laughed.

I don't but your assumption only goes to show your personality trait. He's not directly competing against you anyway. What do you care? He was using MH at the time after having completed the game from his personal objectives. Are you such an !@# in your normal life as well or is that only your online persona? lol

You are right, I'll disappear as soon as I don't enjoy the game anymore. As my purpose is to come here and find out about the game and the direction it is going. You will stay on here as long as you get some attention, its that self serving bias again. You make posts you know will incite an argument, hence the only way your threads ever get any attention. This is your method this is what your day at work has come down, which is fine i'm just saying people looking from the outside in will find this very pathetic and sad, which you seem to be ok with.

I'm not trying to derail you, what I'm trying to do is working as intended. The more you talk the more you expose what you really are, and you even admitted to trolling, so that's half the battle.

obviously you are grasping for attention, my question is, don't these other sites you keep referring to have better exposure for your opinions and feelings? I think you would get the most attention there, so why not? How has a gaming forum become your #1 option for social interaction during your work day? All your posts just make it seem like you really need someone to talk to..Also if you were perma-banned you would lose the thing that brought some purpose to your day, and I don't think you would take it well at all.

Thanks for the pep-talk coach. Guess I never thought of it that way. I'll make sure to reevaluate how I conduct myself on the internet so discussions are fun for everyone.

You see, sometimes I just get lonely....Especially in this office building. Sure it's full of people...who I interact with regularly...like every 10 minutes or so...But it's just not the same as talking to people on the internet.

THAT'S what get's me motivated to tackle my week...Now if I could only figure out how to use the internet from home....

What everyone using maphack showed Blizzard is people don't want randomised maps so they removed them.

But this has already been stated......

Is that what they said? Seems pretty backwards.

I realize there are people that use MH from the word go, but I don't think it was that way across the board. Many seemed to approach the program the way I did, which was to use it after you've challenged yourself with whatever goals you had.

In that sense, they ruin the experience for everyone to keep a few people from taking matters into their own hands down the line.
No there really is no need. I know where the next area is.......always. It's north.

even with keywardens its really not that hard to find them. Most areas arent large enough for you to get lost in them.

I don't but your assumption only goes to show your personality trait. He's not directly competing against you anyway. What do you care? He was using MH at the time after having completed the game from his personal objectives. Are you such an !@# in your normal life as well or is that only your online persona? lol

I appreciate your POV on this. You have to understand, this is just another person who doesn't appreciate the way I write my threads, so they troll each one and latch on to me like a tick.

If they weren't such underachievers, they might be trouble. But lucky for me, they typically shoot for the bottom rung.
How can you miss Maphack in a game that doesnt randomize worth a pewp?

People used maphack for boss runs and pvp mostly.

Exactly, so how does that point to not wanting randomized maps?
11/05/2012 01:28 PMPosted by HammerToe
How can you miss Maphack in a game that doesnt randomize worth a pewp?

Read through the other pages- There's more to MH than just showing where the next level is.
Would you find it beneficial if you walked out of the Dahlgar Oasis waypoint and saw and arrow pointing to the keywarden?

No. I don't enjoy cheating myself out of a game. People with entitlement issues could never understand I suppose. Not saying that's you.....

Cheating is what you do when you're done with a game and you don't care about it anymore. The game itself is still enjoyable for me, and I don't have a reason to alter it as it stands right now.

I find myself agreeing with both statements. On one hand, I would never support cheating in a game like Diablo 3, since it has an affect on others' experience. Anything you do in your single-player game, can be carried over right into a public game.

On the other hand, I was playing Warcraft 2 this summer. Infinite gold everywhere. Glittering prizes. It's in the programming, it's there for a reason. The reason being I completed the game ages ago. It took forever. I'm not looking for that. I just want some quick fun. It's my game, I do what I want.

You are right, I'll disappear as soon as I don't enjoy the game anymore. As my purpose is to come here and find out about the game and the direction it is going. You will stay on here as long as you get some attention, its that self serving bias again. You make posts you know will incite an argument, hence the only way your threads ever get any attention. This is your method this is what your day at work has come down, which is fine i'm just saying people looking from the outside in will find this very pathetic and sad, which you seem to be ok with.

I'm not trying to derail you, what I'm trying to do is working as intended. The more you talk the more you expose what you really are, and you even admitted to trolling, so that's half the battle.

obviously you are grasping for attention, my question is, don't these other sites you keep referring to have better exposure for your opinions and feelings? I think you would get the most attention there, so why not? How has a gaming forum become your #1 option for social interaction during your work day? All your posts just make it seem like you really need someone to talk to..Also if you were perma-banned you would lose the thing that brought some purpose to your day, and I don't think you would take it well at all.

Thanks for the pep-talk coach. Guess I never thought of it that way. I'll make sure to reevaluate how I conduct myself on the internet so discussions are fun for everyone.

You see, sometimes I just get lonely....Especially in this office building. Sure it's full of people...who I interact with regularly...like every 10 minutes or so...But it's just not the same as talking to people on the internet.

THAT'S what get's me motivated to tackle my week...Now if I could only figure out how to use the internet from home....

No problem little buddy, glad I could help. Just know I'm not a psychologist so eventually I won't be able to help with the real issues at hand. I agree!..The office can get lonely luckily I have made some real friends at work so it's been better.

I know you are probably being sarcastic but its really not far fetched to believe this is how you are/think. I guess talking to co-workers is social interaction but not really, they are your associates, so in that sense you don't get the same affect as a true friend. Seeing how you are, I wouldn't be surprised if you have most of social interaction over the internet... I will like you must push people away just by the attitude you hold against them. You are probably misunderstood, but at your own fault.

Let me know if you need help setting up your internet, its pretty easy to get set up. This way when you are lonely and have no one to talk to you, you can just load up Diablo forums! Your #1 stop for social interaction!
11/05/2012 01:32 PMPosted by Bricken

No. I don't enjoy cheating myself out of a game. People with entitlement issues could never understand I suppose. Not saying that's you.....

I find myself agreeing with both statements. On one hand, I would never support cheating in a game like Diablo 3, since it has an affect on others' experience. Anything you do in your single-player game, can be carried over right into a public game.

On the other hand, I was playing Warcraft 2 this summer. Infinite gold everywhere. Glittering prizes. It's in the programming, it's there for a reason. The reason being I completed the game ages ago. It took forever. I'm not looking for that. I just want some quick fun. It's my game, I do what I want.

You sir, get it. When I'm running Baal to find a perfect (fill in the blank with some unique), I'm at the point where random maps are now just wasting my time. The game has been beaten, it has next to nothing there to offer me, so I'll adjust the experience as I see fit.

No problem little buddy, glad I could help. Just know I'm not a psychologist so eventually I won't be able to help with the real issues at hand. I agree!..The office can get lonely luckily I have made some real friends at work so it's been better.

I know you are probably being sarcastic but its really not far fetched to believe this is how you are/think. I guess talking to co-workers is social interaction but not really, they are your associates, so in that sense you don't get the same affect as a true friend. Seeing how you are, I wouldn't be surprised if you have most of social interaction over the internet... I will like you must push people away just by the attitude you hold against them. You are probably misunderstood, but at your own fault.

Let me know if you need help setting up your internet, its pretty easy to get set up. This way when you are lonely and have no one to talk to you, you can just load up Diablo forums! Your #1 stop for social interaction!

You know I'm probably being sarcastic, aye?
Using the type of programs or "hacks" you mentioned could potentially violate our Diablo III Exploitation Policy. I highly encourage you to check it out and familiarize yourself with it, because players found to be in violation of it may have their accounts actioned.