Critique The Barb Above You

Barbarian
Prev 1 2 3 24 Next
@hooba

Offense: 10/10 crazy high dps, great crit and attack speed.

Defense: 8/10, not quite glass cannon, but could use more EHP, especially resists, though do have high int.

Build: 9/10, good standard build, but lose point for having to waste slots for war cry and blood thirst b/c of low EHP. Could use rend or Hota instead of war cry/bt for more healing and moar DPS, and they are good fury dumps.

Badass: 9/10 extra points for high DPS and mempo (but lose a point b/c of no-crit!).

Critique: More EHP, could get more resists in movement speed Ice Climbers, ring or gloves. Could get higher stats in shouders and belt, but all around crazy high end barb. And how is your enchantress only level 59, lol.
I would appreciate a review. I am just getting started on my barb since I found an IK chest. AR is kinda low I know.
Need an avg dmg Amy, more all resist and movespeed
11/06/2012 09:56 AMPosted by hooba37
all about critique eachother and getting advice on upgrades

I got geared for about 2 million in total gold, but could use some pointers to get stronger and I don't have much gold to spend, maybe another 2 million right now.
Guys, please don't ask for a critique without critiquing the guy before you. It's a "return the favor" kind of system.

Also, try to use the template mentioned in the OP.

Taco5 is next. Curious to see what kind of advice he'll get - if any.
@hooba37

10/10 190k plus dmg, what more can be said.
@Aeternam:
Offense: 7/10 = great strength, crit chance, crit damage. But you need more attack speed. Try upping attack speed on rings and gloves, they're the cheapest option right now.
Defense: 9/10 = respectable vitality and resist all. but, get more armor. you're at 5k, try to reach 7k because Tough as Nails will really start to shine.
Build: 10/10 = classic.
Badass: 8/10 = very very balanced barb.
would appreciate a review. I am just getting started on my barb since I found an IK chest. AR is kinda low I know.

@AmazingLarry:
Offense: 5/10 = more strength, more strength, more strength. You have very good crit chance, crit damage, some attack speed. But, these stats all boost your core stat = strength. Strength also boosts your defense. It's also the cheapest thing to upgrade.
Defense: 8/10 = more armor. You have good resists. Just get your armor to 7k without warcry.
Build: 8/10 = I like your defensive variant of WW-nado barb. But, as you upgrade your dps, you will find less need for Ignore Pain. Try getting some life on hit or life steal, and swap Ignore Pain for Overpower (Crushing advance). With your high crit chance, you will be able to spam Crushing Advance = a better damage mitigation/life-steal than Ignore Pain.
Badass: 6/10 = needs some work.
@Castablanca's

Holy !@#$. I don't think you need advices or critique man, ur barb is awesome. Great gear, armor and damage!

I don't have a barb myself, but please critique him:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/SPOK-1551/hero/13370636
It's my father's barb and we're trying to improve it!
@ taco5
btw... nice gear you got yourself... i want those pants lol

Ha, thanks. I think it's the only thing I have left that I found, and the only thing I'm not actively trying to replace. Still waiting to craft a quasi-decent HF ring so I can replace the place-holders. Looks like your uber carries paid off.
i don't know enough about barbs to critique anyone :)

anyone willing to critique mine and give some advice? i found most of the IK pieces with my wizard, so i felt like completing a budget set last night. i bought the boots for 10m, vile wards for 5m, pants for 1m, weapons for super cheap, rings for 1m, and lacunis for 3m. so far, i've spent about 25m on my barb.
I don't have a barb myself, but please critique him:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/SPOK-1551/hero/13370636
It's my father's barb and we're trying to improve it!

Thanks Reb!

@Gorg (the dad)
Offense: 6/10 = Respectable strength. Now you need attack speed and crit chance. Crit damage can come after you have reached 2.0 attacks per second and 50% crit chance. Attack speed is THE most important offense for a dual wield barb imho. The Crit chance is to proc Into The Fray and to refresh Overpower.
Defense: 9.5/10 = Enough vitality, superb resists, superb armor rating.
Build: 1/10 = a mess. Get some Life on Hit (800+). Then, replace Ignore Pain with Overpower (Crushing Advance). Overpower Crushing Advance is better than Ignore Pain because it proc's life-on-hit like crazy, and it mitigates damage (a 2 for 1 skill). Also, with enough attack speed and crit chance, you can spam it = perma damage reduction and life-on-hit. You need a fury spender if you are <100k dps.
anyone willing to critique mine and give some advice? i found most of the IK pieces with my wizard, so i felt like completing a budget set last night. i bought the boots for 10m, vile wards for 5m, pants for 1m, weapons for super cheap, rings for 1m, and lacunis for 3m. so far, i've spent about 25m on my barb.

@Alkaiser
Your character profile page has not fully updated yet. So, some of my advice might be off, but I'll try my best.

Offense: 7.5/10 = Get more strength. Very respectable crit chance. Drop the Warlord sword. Use an axe or echoing fury as mainhand for the 10% CHC from weapon mastery. Very wise to use a dagger as offhand to boost speed. You can use more attack speed. Your Lacuni's is a great start. I'd even sac some crit chance in favor of attack speed because you are dual-wield barb. Attack speed is dual-wield barb's best friend.
Defense: Good armor, very good resists, respectable life. Get some more vit.
Badass: very good considering you found all these items from your wizard-main.

Build: 1/10 = a mess. Get some Life on Hit (800+). Then, replace Ignore Pain with Overpower (Crushing Advance). Overpower Crushing Advance is better than Ignore Pain because it proc's life-on-hit like crazy, and it mitigates damage (a 2 for 1 skill). Also, with enough attack speed and crit chance, you can spam it = perma damage reduction and life-on-hit. You need a fury spender if you are <100k dps.

aww so I guess the biggest issue is the build! Apart from replacing Ignore Pain with Overpower, what should he improves? Only if you have time to answer, and btw thanks a lot for your review, it does help a lot!
@Castablanca

Offense: 9.5/10 Incredible damage man, your gear is superb and i'm mad jelly of that BK OH, hard to find much you could improve on.

Defense: 8/10 Resists are nice, and so is armor, however you HP seems like it's lacking a bit.

Build: 9/10 Looks like your build has nice synergy, SS for fury dumper to keep WotB up, sprint RLtW w/your aps probably generates tons o fury, rend for healing, the only thing I think could be changed is maybe warcry for OP:CA with as much as you're dropping crits OP would always be refreshed, nice build though and nice to see something other than my cookie cutter build (I love my cookie cutter build though :P)

Badass: 10/10 Overall your barb is pretty freaking BasA$$ man, mad jelly of alot of your gear and that's pretty much what i'm working my way towards.
aww so I guess the biggest issue is the build! Apart from replacing Ignore Pain with Overpower, what should he improves? Only if you have time to answer, and btw thanks a lot for your review, it does help a lot!

Offense: Shoulder armor needs 250+ strength. Scout the gold auction house. Those are reasonably priced. Replace your rings. You can get reasonable +9% attack speed, 4% crit chance rings. Go for attack speed, attack speed, attack speed.
Defense: Replace pants with Blackthorne's pants to complete the set.
Alternatively, I would replace the blackthorne's amulet with a 150+ strength, 9% attack speed, crit chance amulet.

TLDR. For your dad's dual wield barb: Attack speed > Crit chance > Crit Damage > Strength > Vit = Resist All > Armor.
@FrakinSkullz

Offense: 8.5/10 - Very nice damage, but how do you stay alive with only 2.7% LS?

Defense: 8.5/10 - Good amount of armor and AR.

Build: 9/10 - Typical WW barb that ensures efficient farming

Badass: 9/10 - I very much like your barb, but I'm partial to the Andy's look. I think they make all us Barbs look badass.

I don't really know what else to say but I'm slowly working towards the type of gear you've got.
@FrakinSkullz

Offense: 6/10 -- I can't tell if it's buffed or not; if not, 7/10.
Defense: 5/10 -- Your armour rating is criminally low; I would have given you more points for balancing out the stats, but you're using Nails rather than an offensive passive and from what I can see, only 2.7% leech for sustain. That's not good at all.
Build: 5.5/10 -- It's clearly a work in a progress, so I can't be *too* harsh. I really like the idea of Blackthorne's, but I can't stand the look -- even for the 100 vitality bonus.
Badass: 5/10 -- You're getting there :)