Critique The Barb Above You

Barbarian
Prev 1 4 5 6 24 Next
@G3N3S1S

Offense: 7/10 Overall decent aps, cc, and cd

Defense: 7/10 Again good overall, im just a little bias when it comes to ehp. Could use some more of everything, particularly hp.

Build: 9/10 Typical WW build. If you feel you need the extra armor and AR, stick with warcry. But if you feel that you dont need it and want more dps, try switching it out for something like OP killing spree, Rend, or HOTA. Same goes for bloodthrist passive. If you feel you NEED that extra 3% LS, then by all means keep it. If you need extra fury or armor switch accordingly.

Badass: 10/10 For the mempo :D

Critique: To increase your dps even more and get higher breakpoints, try getting CC on your rings. I know it will be costly for the upgrades, also try getting lacunis with cc. When you can upgrade your gems. Your pants is one slot that should be stacked heavy with vit. Get a fast as OH with socket, ls, cd, and some core stats if you can.

HMM it take what you meant by gettin CC on rings u mean to get the ones with 6 percent critical chance? as for hp im currently doing mp 7 full runs and believe it or not im quite confy with it, i guess for higher mps my hp is crap though xD as for changing war cry your right ive been looking to changing over power or rend for some time but i feel like my AR is not where i want it to be quite yet so i gotta wait to get better gears(belt with similar str crit but higher ar and then swap out those ik gloves for a trifecta maybe)...about the off hand yeah i know mine is kinda sucky but everything else is like super Over Priced and lets not even talk bout cc cunis XD
About the mempo LULs im glad im not the only one that thinks it looks badass i have a 190 str 6%cc IK helm but the mempo looks sooo much better ahaha xD
Woah Nice set up you got there brah love your rings MH n OH.
Im not gonna say what you need to upgrade but i can tell you that any real upgrades to ur current set up its gonna b $$$$ xD
@G3N3S1S

Defense: 7/10 Again good overall, im just a little bias when it comes to ehp. Could use some more of everything, particularly hp.

Build: 9/10 Typical WW build. If you feel you need the extra armor and AR, stick with warcry. But if you feel that you dont need it and want more dps, try switching it out for something like OP killing spree, Rend, or HOTA. Same goes for bloodthrist passive. If you feel you NEED that extra 3% LS, then by all means keep it. If you need extra fury or armor switch accordingly.

Critique: To increase your dps even more and get higher breakpoints, try getting CC on your rings. I know it will be costly for the upgrades, also try getting lacunis with cc. When you can upgrade your gems. Your pants is one slot that should be stacked heavy with vit. Get a fast as OH with socket, ls, cd, and some core stats if you can.

HMM it take what you meant by gettin CC on rings u mean to get the ones with 6 percent critical chance? as for hp im currently doing mp 7 full runs and believe it or not im quite confy with it, i guess for higher mps my hp is crap though xD as for changing war cry your right ive been looking to changing over power or rend for some time but i feel like my AR is not where i want it to be quite yet so i gotta wait to get better gears(belt with similar str crit but higher ar and then swap out those ik gloves for a trifecta maybe)...about the off hand yeah i know mine is kinda sucky but everything else is like super Over Priced and lets not even talk bout cc cunis XD
About the mempo LULs im glad im not the only one that thinks it looks badass i have a 190 str 6%cc IK helm but the mempo looks sooo much better ahaha xD

@G3N3S1S

Hmmm i must have seen an unupdated profile or something. Didnt see those rings before :D

EDIT x2: Maybe what i meant to say was get IAS aswell? I know it will cost a fortune though =/
@xBarBa oh then yeah i was actually looking into replacing the crit dmg on my rings for IAS since it helps with survival just cant find anything on my budget atm XD
...........just cant find anything on my budget atm XD

sounds like my problem :P
11/07/2012 12:16 PMPosted by xBaRbAriScHx
...........just cant find anything on my budget atm XD

Offense: 10/10 because I did it
Defense: 10/10 because I did it
Build: 11/10 because I did it
Badassery: 20/10 because you're playing it
@ Aeternam:

I think a new amulet would be a good place to start. Ouroboros is a little low on the CD side, but the CC is solid, the LoH would pair beautifully with your 2xWW build, and Avg Damage is a woefully overlooked DPS stat. Should be able to farm one up in a reasonable amount of time. Very solid ones are well below 100mil.

I am actually really proud of my ammy! If you're talking about a budget where 100mil or close is within grasp then I'm no where near this level of opulence. I'm thinking of trying of finding high IAS ring replacements... but then again I'm kind of proud of my rings as well.

Again, guys try not skip those that have critiqued. KingBenjamin deserves a critique! If this doesn't help sorry Ben I tried... your barb is definitely way above average badass in my book.
...skipped :(
11/07/2012 10:18 AMPosted by KingBenjamin
was skipped...

Allow me to critique your Barbarian (because I'm vain and would like another rating before my next upgrade):

Offense: 7/10 -- the reason for the low score is that I feel you can do much better to add damage to your gear. Examape: Your Wailing Host -- good for EHP, not good for damage.
Defense: 5/10 -- A bit of a catch-22 because your Wailing Host actually adds a layer of protection to your set. I feel that on your helm, chest plate, and shoulders, you're skimming on the HP necessary to stay alive at the higher MPs -- I deduced that from your use of Superstition in your passive slot as well as the use of Overpower.
Build: 7/10 -- the build is good conceptually, but you could do better to get more 'quality' mods on your gear.
Badassery: Any WW Barb is a badass who thumbs their nose at the QQ crowd in the General forum. Whirl on, brother.
im not super experienced so im going to pass on rating the barb above me but i would like some insight on my barb. so far i think im getting somewhere. i have no problem farming MP5-6 although 7 gives me some trouble.
@G3N3S1S

Woah Nice set up you got there brah love your rings MH n OH.
Im not gonna say what you need to upgrade but i can tell you that any real upgrades to ur current set up its gonna b $$$$ xD

Rating 5 otta 10 cuse some 1 else built it for ya!!! xD
Badassery 10 outta 10 all hail ww barbz
11/07/2012 12:32 PMPosted by Klyaxar

Offense: 3/10 -- damage with a Skorn is too low for me to give you an average rating. However, you're a paragon 27, and using a vitality hell-fire ring that kind of hides the potential damage. Your strength base is excellent.
Defense: 6/10 -- I really like that for someone who rarely plays, you had the presence of mind to build a decent AR base with a great amount of armour.
Build: 7.5/10 -- Your build reminds me of why I love the class so much. So many defensive utilities that actually have an offensive bonus to them -- revenge, rend, etc.
Badassery: 10/10 -- You actually have a life and you're not afraid to show it.
Do me:)
@ Acrimony

10 out of 10 on all accounts.

High dps, lots of life/res high LS.

Adding weapon throw into ww.

Great job.

One question, and not trying to be rude.
Do you plan on switching your pants out for like inas or something?

With that much HP it seems you have a lot of room to boost your dps
11/07/2012 12:39 PMPosted by acrimony

Offense: 3/10 -- damage with a Skorn is too low for me to give you an average rating. However, you're a paragon 27, and using a vitality hell-fire ring that kind of hides the potential damage. Your strength base is excellent.
Defense: 6/10 -- I really like that for someone who rarely plays, you had the presence of mind to build a decent AR base with a great amount of armour.
Build: 7.5/10 -- Your build reminds me of why I love the class so much. So many defensive utilities that actually have an offensive bonus to them -- revenge, rend, etc.
Badassery: 10/10 -- You actually have a life and you're not afraid to show it.

thanks, yea would prefer a better skorn but I found it so I cannot complain too much. Did the VIT Hellfire because I had the STR and not much VIT, it works.

Yea, married and helping take care of the grandkid doesn't allow for much time but an hour or so at night. So... I sneak in when I can to kill things and de-stress.
@acrimony

Wow that is a great build. What I am going for in long term, when I can find the items to bump up some.

Offense 9.5/10 - I think you could ditch some vit on the ammy and go with a higher CD one 95%. Maybe for you some Inna pants, I think you cound carry them well, ditch the Lacuni than and go with more STR res on bracers??.

Defense 9.5/10 - For me to much Vit on that build. See above

Build 10/10 - You are monster

Badass - 10/10 See above

Only thing I can think of is sacrafice some Vit for some CD on ammy and AS on pants (you are fast already but that 1.20 MH needs all the help it can get (My off hand is so slow as well)... Get CD to the 500 lvl and use some hota fun in lower MP's..2m crits are a blast..

For my build I do run 50k Life when I switch to Memp..

Well done sir can't wait to see your next upgrade.
11/07/2012 12:23 PMPosted by acrimony

Offense: 10/10 because I did it
Defense: 10/10 because I did it
Build: 11/10 because I did it
Badassery: 20/10 because you're playing it

I love you too :D
@ xBaRbAriSccHx

Offense: 9/10
Defence: 8.5/10
Build: 9/10
Badassery: 9/10

good DPS, could get some LS for even better surviablity, but pretty awesome.

I know mine needs work so please let me know what area needs the most, thanks
If someone has time, can I shamelessly request a critique?
11/07/2012 01:47 PMPosted by Hindenburg
If someone has time, can I shamelessly request a critique?

No. Because you failed to critique the person above you.
@Hindenburg, you shameless wanker.

Defense: 8/10 Stacked strength, high armor, a higher than average % of lifesteal; however, you are lacking in AR. Nice Blackthorne's.
Offense: 8/10 High DPS, but with that Skorn build, you're attack speed somewhat suffers. Also, your crit chance is lacking.
Build: 7/10 Perhaps I'm being biased, but I never really saw the benefit in Skorn WW builds. Sure, the Skorn boosts DPS, however, the ias bonus alongside having two stat sticks in a dual wield build just seems a more versatile, efficient build. Its just my personal opinion.
Overall: 8/10