In search of proof - Mp5+ farming

Demon Hunter
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 Next
sorry for asking but does mp really increase the drop rates?.

Not in my experience. It's all the same. MP0 to MP7 which is my cap. I can run MP7 on both my DH and my Barb and typically speaking each run I sell everything in my bag to the vendor regardless of MP level. I've found rings worth over 500m in MP1 and found legends only worth a shard in MP7. there is no point to high MP except farming for your hellfire.

Legends have the same chance to be crap as they do to be good at any MP level and any MF level since they have fixed rolls and MF does NOT affect the quality of rolls, only the chance for *rares* to have 6 affixes.

In my experience, it's all about efficiency and kill speed. Run whatever MP you can the fastest you can in the highest MF gear you can while still killing elites at less than 10 seconds per pack and running to the next pack as fast you possibly can killing everything on the way.

I find legends ALL the time. I've been playing for 9 runs of 15 minutes each and have found 3 this afternoon. That is a very decent rate and average for me. One of them was a very nice Inna's belt. MP1, with 3 NV stacks at close to MF cap. I run it so fast that the biggest concern is that I might miss a drop due to the crackfest speed I run. I've long since stopped worrying about MP levels after 20 paragon levels of experimenting with builds and levels of MP.

My results were clear, kill fast. Wear as much MF as possible to do so and run the highest or lowest MP level that you can kill in as fast as you possibly can. If you can kill in MP4 as fast as MP1? Do it. If not drop it down a level. You do not want to be spending more than 10 seconds on a pack because there are tons of packs you need to kill to get the best chances of a legend dropping. Even when it does drop you still have to beat the house on whether or not it's even a decent roll. So to hedge your bets, you need to run as fast as possible with highest possible MF that's really all there is to it.
Edited by Genesis#1518 on 11/9/12 8:38 AM (PST)

I agree. Most people who say they farm anything higher than MP5 don't actually understand what they are doing. While they can plug through it, it just takes too long. I generally stick to MP3. That basically lets me 2 shot everything with BL, apart from elite packs (but those aren't a problem). Even just moving to MP4, I feel things slow down substantially. I'm not a top DH or anything, but I feel like I do ok.

Wow dude. Have you seen your 'toon?
I do Butcher & Prime Evill runs on MP7 solo, probably around 38~50mins with No-deaths.
Anything else, Act2(Serpents x belial) & Act3(mob goblins) *#!%#**! me all the time.

Efficiency? 30% FUN! 70%
LOL, I love reading post were people say nobody farms past mp6+ You all are a bunch of broke kids. I used 350 million made a barb. just to uber run mp10. Its easy, I would not farm anything under mp10, You are always able to get the keys and body parts from the ubers. I would say your prob. is you buy weak a** gear that is only min upgrades. Buy better gear and stop your qqn.
11/11/2012 09:58 PMPosted by DrKevorkian
I used 350 million made a barb.

made a barb.

barb.

seriously ???
wow alot of godly demon hunters on this thread.
Have absolutely no issue with mp5. I run 6 extremely fast on key runs. Farm 7 fine as well. Have done ten but it takes to long.
LOL, I love reading post were people say nobody farms past mp6+ You all are a bunch of broke kids. I used 350 million made a barb. just to uber run mp10. Its easy, I would not farm anything under mp10, You are always able to get the keys and body parts from the ubers. I would say your prob. is you buy weak a** gear that is only min upgrades. Buy better gear and stop your qqn.

Hey troll. You do realise we're talking about DH here, not Barb?

Also no you're not farming the most efficiently at MP10. If you're talking about ubers and key farming that's different from loot farming or exp farming.

Lol.
MP5+ is really no problem for me... But totally unnecessary unless I'm farming keys or ubers. I run at MP2, breezing through everything. Faster kills = more drops = more chances of legends. I've had legends drop with 0NV on MP1-2 so makes no difference. Might as well fly through everything as fast as you can. Typically I run behind the ball of lightning... Move 2 -3 bars per run of 15-20mins act 3 alkaizers. I don't have too much time to play each day so got to make every hour count.
We have a lost "All-go Full-headed Barbarian" jumped & bragging inside the DH den.

I smell lamb chops....
@iYaTTA

buy the old nat set, and maybe you can come hang in mp10, LOL my follow uses a better main hand than you....
Holy! is that your 350M barb & 1B DH?...

1B DH? *roll eyes* as in 1,000,000,000 not 10,000,000

I find AH searching rather difficult here with your gears..

..Im done w/ trollers hahahaha
mp5 is too long of a farm for me I can do it, it's just a waste of time though, i stick to 3-4 3 if i dont have time 4 if i want to just spam tornados.
@DrKev
your gear sucks bro.
11/09/2012 07:22 AMPosted by Scala
Can any demon hunter post a video of them farming MP5 or higher efficiently?

@ DrKevorkian

Still trolling I see. Read the first line of the OP's post, conveniently quoted for you above. So what if you have a DH too? You were clearly talking about your BARB farming MP 10 in your earlier post.

Stop trying to save face and just admit you have reading comprehension issues. Kid.

Lol again.

Also I didn't say you cant farm MP 10. You just can't farm it as fast as you can at a lower MP level. If you take 3 min to kill elite packs as you claim, that means you can kill it them in 1min at MP7 maybe. Making it more efficient.

No one cares if you can do MP 10. Anyone with decent gear can do MP 10 but a lower MP is always more efficient with the exception of Uber runs.
And those who think MF don't matter your retarded as well, have fun making your fierybrimstones with all those Leg. items you fine on mp1&2.

Lmao. MP level doesn't affect what random affixes you get on your legendaries. It also doesn't affect how high the rolls go on Legendaries.

Quit trying to act smart, troll. :)
even top geared streamers need about 45 min for mp10 alkaizer run... so there is no way a "normal" player can farm mp6 in 15 minutes (alkaizer route ofc).

i need about 9:30 as meele wizard and 11 min as archon. xp/h is quiet the same because as archon you kill everything as meele wizard its a waste of time chasing every mob... (this was mp1)

und mp3-5 i have to drop core of areat and tower of damned due to too low mob density to sustain archon.. but the only thing i get from higher mps is a !@#$load of crap rares... so i run mp0-2 for "profit"