Bug: Monk's Dashing Strike/Barbarian's Charge

Bug Report
Prev 1 2 3 4 9 Next
Grimm your theory is very interresting I think you're close enought to locate where the problem is.
Also the bug happens only with thoses 2 skills for what I've read and seen.
This happens to me everyday.
I didn't see there were so much threads about it.

Time to really work on it, guys !

Gambatte !
And another screen shot.

http://imgur.com/sMpBA

Every 1 to 2 runs it happens and it's impossible to avoid it. I tried waiting to use any skills before and after it for at least 1 second and it still happens. I stopped using this skill for quite a while because of this bug and wanted to see if I could at least figure out how to use it without bugging out all the time, but it's impossible. In this pack you see in the screen shot I use dashing strike to get to the mob and got bugged. I use it so I can help crowd control and try to survive with the serious lack of resists and DR and instead of avoiding damage I get stuck and have to quit after "dying".

This is quite annoying now and between the limited skills the monk has to use to be effective to start with, it is getting really old.

http://imgur.com/sMpBA
Grimm this bug is not only linked to a Damage over Time affix because yesterday the bug happened to me while I was fighting Act III trash mob skeletons... and I was at 70 % of my life.
So we don't know at all what's really causing this bug -_-

However, Seven-Sided Strike could allow me "die properly" and i'm wondering if, in solo mode, I'm not going to use this skill instead of another just to continue using Dashing Strike without loosing any stacks.
Maybe that would be a temporary solution, but what skill should I sacrifice? Breath of heaven? :-s

11/02/2012 04:03 PMPosted by Vasadan
Thanks guys, we're working on it.

And Vasadan is there a way for you to communicate on your findings? Like a specific action to avoid to do if we don't want to experience this bug or just your progresses on this issue.
Actually a russian guy added a video that shows it HAPPENING.

Here's the link to the video (look at 9 min 40 secs):
http://ru.twitch.tv/fury1983/b/337158834

Here's the link to his post:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004341587
Here are several of the instances in which I encountered this bug with Dashing Strike.

http://oi46.tinypic.com/iddw28.jpg
http://oi45.tinypic.com/1565nnp.jpg
http://oi50.tinypic.com/1yo7y9.jpg
http://oi47.tinypic.com/2nk5hk3.jpg
(fire chains) I got the Inna belt when friend joined and started Asmodan fight.

-----

However this is not exclusive to elite packs. I have also encountered it from a pack of non elite Dune Dervish during their spinning attack. It happens so often that I just won't use it in single player games until it's fixed. Thus not many screenshots.
11/02/2012 04:03 PMPosted by Vasadan
Thanks guys, we're working on it.

Thank you! I have lost countless amounts of infernal machines, nv stacks etc due to this issue. I will be one happy panda when it is resolved.
Eh... I was going to report this. Anyway, good catching, and, if anyone wonders if the bug report they posted here are getting any attention - they probably are being looked at by the blizzard team, some are dismissed as not bugs silently (because they don't have to tell you anyway), and most of the time they probably go ahead and work on it, but they're not obligated to tell you all the time that they're "on it".
i am having the same problem it'll be great when its fixed.
why is this not fixed yet??? getting so sick of losing a 5 stack and having to log out. i looked in the known bugs and its not even there, wtf?? blizz dosent even know about this bug yet?
FIX THE GAME BLIZZ
Keeps happening and it's getting VERY frustrating. I hope a fix comes soon.
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd again. I did notice it will only happen if you have a 5 stack or a legendary you haven't yet picked up. It also happens when you are close to dying and surrounded by mobs. I have about a one second delay before Charging after I hit it so I'm not sure if lag is causing it also.
im over it, im not even goin to play my barb anymore till they fix it. im sick to death of losing 5NV to this bug.
I would also like to give my sentiments here:

This bug makes me hate the game. I have stopped playing because this bug interrupts my farming. This game revolves around farming. Done deal. I'll be back when it's fixed.

Thank you Vasadan for responding, even if it took 3 months.
My last three attempts to do a key run ended in me stuck in the ground, on the first elite no less!! The glitch is getting worse for me it seems.
I found that if you're with a team just leave the game and resume and the game thinks you d/c so you keep your stacks. I solo most of the time so I'm pretty much screwed on all fronts.

FIX IT BLIZ
My last three attempts to do a key run ended in me stuck in the ground, on the first elite no less!! The glitch is getting worse for me it seems.
I found that if you're with a team just leave the game and resume and the game thinks you d/c so you keep your stacks. I solo most of the time so I'm pretty much screwed on all fronts.

FIX IT BLIZ

I'd just like to confirm that this works.

The bug just happened to me, so I asked someone from General to join my group. They joined my game, so I just hit esc and went to Leave Game. Click Resume once you get back to the character screen and you'll log back into the default location (for me it was Act 3 - so Bastion's Keep) with all of your NV stacks. To top it off, your loot that you probably couldn't loot before will still be there. Perfect workaround until it gets fixed.

FIX IT BLIZ

I'd just like to confirm that this works.

The bug just happened to me, so I asked someone from General to join my group. They joined my game, so I just hit esc and went to Leave Game. Click Resume once you get back to the character screen and you'll log back into the default location (for me it was Act 3 - so Bastion's Keep) with all of your NV stacks. To top it off, your loot that you probably couldn't loot before will still be there. Perfect workaround until it gets fixed.

Well this is new. I tried this in patch 1.0.3 and I lost my stacks.
Here's my entry, complete with video

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004046676
Having someone else in your game allows you to leave and come back with your stacks in tack. I've done it as well, just don't like begging for help from random strangers. I've also stopped using DS til this is fixed but my enjoyment of the game has dropped 50% as a result and other games are starting to look more appealing the longer it goes on. I love being all over the place in a fight. Now I just feel... slow. Anyways..

I had thought this bug might be caused by navigation issues. Ever notice just moving normally that your character sometimes can't decide how to move around an obstacle? If that were to happen mid strike/charge...

My other thought was that you die mid strike/charge and the game has no idea what to do with you.
Having someone else in your game allows you to leave and come back with your stacks in tack. I've done it as well, just don't like begging for help from random strangers. I've also stopped using DS til this is fixed but my enjoyment of the game has dropped 50% as a result and other games are starting to look more appealing the longer it goes on. I love being all over the place in a fight. Now I just feel... slow. Anyways..

I had thought this bug might be caused by navigation issues. Ever notice just moving normally that your character sometimes can't decide how to move around an obstacle? If that were to happen mid strike/charge...

My other thought was that you die mid strike/charge and the game has no idea what to do with you.

Yes having someone joining your group is a solution but I hate asking strangers too.
I was thinking like you and I was about to abandon one of the most awesome skill when I realized that I can use a monk's parade a.k.a. Seven-Sided Strike.
So I tried but I wasn't convinced that replacing another skill would worth it, but I replaced Breath of Heaven and I think it was a good choice. It changes a little your gameplay but it's not so bad as I thought, especially when your are stuck and you can get unstuck without loosing your NV stacks and "only" die. Maybe you should try it? Cause it is also a skill with a lot of fun ^^

For the origin of the bug we are in the fuzziness. At first sight it seemed to be related to affixes like Desecration, but the bug has also happened when there were trashmobs...
Then people were starting to think that was happening, like you said, when you're about to die and the game doesn't know what to do with you cause you were using Dashing Strike at this time, but the issue has also happened when some were at more than 70% of their maximum life...
So these two theories doesn't seems to be valid, and it's hard identify what's causing the bug :-s