Bug: Monk's Dashing Strike/Barbarian's Charge

Bug Report
Prev 1 4 5 6 9 Next
11/16/2012 02:28 AMPosted by Paanreis
By the way I would like to know something from Barbarians : Does Leap "unstuck" your character like Seven-Sided Strike does for Monks?

No one has answered my question, can a Barbarian try using this skill next time he'll get stuck?

11/20/2012 10:38 AMPosted by Breld
I'd also like to see at least a /suicide or /stuck command introduced as a temporary fix, because it seems like this has been around for a while and we haven't gotten an ETA for it to be fixed.

+1
By the way I would like to know something from Barbarians : Does Leap "unstuck" your character like Seven-Sided Strike does for Monks?

No one has answered my question, can a Barbarian try using this skill next time he'll get stuck?

I'd also like to see at least a /suicide or /stuck command introduced as a temporary fix, because it seems like this has been around for a while and we haven't gotten an ETA for it to be fixed.

+1

No, you can't use leap.

The general scenario is that you can use revenge, it remains almost constantly up but does no damage. You will use your basic spam but again it appears to do no damage.

You can hit 0 hp and not die, you will regen, you can use potions, your follower remains active and can kill the enemy. Thorns will still damage melee attackers.

Using any skill will usually produce the animation but the skill does not fire nor go on cooldown and you are told 'that skill is not ready'.

You can not loot anything and are stuck to the spot only able to animate trying to move, spinning and erratically rubberbanding the small amount you do move.

This most commonly happens, for a barbarian, when using furious charge while under heavy stress with a lot of tough elites and a lot of damage, but I have also had it happen with one solitary white mob who was of no threat whatsoever, I was taking little damage and was on full health, I did of course use furious charge which caused the bug.

The first time this happened to me, back in 1.0.2 or 1.0.1, after the enemies died and I was stuck wondering what to do and trying different things; I tried using town portal which instantly killed me and I was able to revive, return, loot and continue. I have never been able to do this again.

If you are in a group, or invite a friend so you can leave, return and loot, your team mates will just see you as a stationary character, not moving, not rubberbanding, not spinning, even though on your screen you are.

This was an extremely rare bug up until 1.0.4 when the frequency went from ~1 in several hundred hours to up to 1 every few minutes, depending on how intense the combat is.

I get this rarely now, simply because I only do low MP's, as soon as I step up the MP and the intensity of the combat, I get stuck within minutes.
Thanks for your answer, I had hope that one of the Barbarian's skills could work as SSS but apparently not :s
I had a sweet spot of this not happening for a quite a while, I hadn't checked back here to see if there was any fix but I had been using Dashing strike alot and hadn't had the bug show its ugly game breaking face so I had assumed it was fixed..

But... it's back, this time in Act III tower, against fire chaine Hulk fasbeasts. Frustrating
i guess i will just report this happening for the third time and hope this time it will be fixed. the months pass and still glitching. just all around bad business
just happened again... 2 times in 2 games, i have at least 3 other games i could/should be playing. done with this.
This bug has existed since launch... The fact that it remains unfixed is disturbing.
This happened to me two times today, but none up to this point; the first with my HC Monk in hell (very scary, ty breath of the heavens) and the second with my HC Sorceress in normal. I don't know if it is significant, but both times I got stuck, it was in a map wall. The first in a cave and the second in a valley area. I seemed to be stuck in the wall, almost like something (or some skill) allowed me through the boundary, but would not allow me back. This is an absolute GAME BREAKER for HC folks. Please address...
Going through same issues but somehow more frequently lately where I get stuck on barb and can use abilities but they don't do anything and I can't die. Have charge, sprint, iron skin, war cry, frenzy and WW for abilities.
ARRG! still not fixed!?! This is getting annoying...
This bug is so sporadic.
Yesterday I played for about 4hrs. Not once did the bug occur.
Today I started to play and I got the bug on my
2nd blue pack, restarted...
1st blue pack, restarted...
4th blue pack, gave up for a bit

Some days it just isn't worth playing solo...
This happens to me all the time. The worst was when I used an attack speed build. I did find one bit of entertainment though. you can wander pretty far on the map with tempest rush. you get rubberbanded once you stop using the skill, but it is entertaining.
This has happened several times to me, all when I am using furious charge with merciless assault rune
Wow that is a long list!

Hopefully this bug can get fixed asap :)
Same prob here! Fix it plz! I think its when I do charge with Barb..
Hi,
Please add mine to the list :

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7273268406

Done, you've been added to the list ;-)
Hello,

this bug happened with my monk in hardcore yesteday.

In one word, my char died, i mean the true death.

In definitive, i lost my char cause of this bug. That s pretty unfair. Blizz could has planned something against this bug for hc player.

I d like to contact some kind of Blizz assistance to explain my instance, even if i m aware that there is almost no chance i d get my char to life again.

If one of you know how i should proceed, please just tell me.

Regards