Rate the monk above you part 8!

Monk
1 2 3 26 Next
1. try not to skip anyone
2. try to use constructive criticism rather than bagging on the person you're rating
3. offer suggestions and/or improvements!

Use a scoring of /10!
@ pein New vile ward new and get 6.0 bracers very solid build tho you are strong 7/10
@pein
I've always wondered who the first monk rates in these threads.

Anyway, very nice monk, I would look into getting more dex though, especially since you use STI.

Vile ward could use a replacement (Higher dex and one with life %) to get your hp up, but if you're comfortable with your current hp then by all means. Oh, and a dex WH. I know they are expensive, but you don't look like you're poor for gold.

Your dps is my next step in building my monk.

7/10 (Subtracted a point for cookie cutter build :P)

Btw: do you yell "Banshō Ten'in!" when using cyclone strike?
Since I created this thread I think it's only fair I also rate some monks.

@FHvoids

Insane monk! Nice DPS and 3k+ dexterity! Very nice. Your hp on the other hand seems just a tad on the low side as is your resistances but seeing that you're using inna's chest, it's expected.

No major criticism from me. A solid 8/10.

@Sharenis

Wow! This is the first time I've seen a monk use the IK set and you've done a very good job at it. You have the perfect balance of dps and defensive stats. Your amulet especially is a very good example of balance. Solid 9/10!
Answer the question!

You made a monk just to roleplay as pein, didn't you?

DIDN'T YOU?
YES OK I DID LOL
@Sharenis

Nothing negative to say man. Your monk looks good. I like where your armor, AR and HP is at...especially with +44% life...wow! Your dps matches well with your defense for a very balance and well rounded monk it seems. I really like that you dont have to use OWE either.

Question...how high of mp's do you normally run? and is the 2.8% ls with 700 loh sufficient? When doing higher mp's I usually carry another LS weapon for switching, so just curious is all.

I would say 8.85/10...just to be different :) I dont see much that needs improving. Obviously if you wanted to raise dps you could change out your ammy, but you would sacrifice a lot of defense and sustain
@ RoxPD1470

Nice monk, I like a lot of the choices. SW on helm is great, I only just changed from BT belt actually and I liked the duo with the 100 vit.
Two recommendations, I'd look into either 12% ms boots or a pair of crit lacuni's. That max MS makes a big quality of life difference in my opinion. Secondly I think you've got some room for more dps on your rings, especially the second. Getting more avg dmg or some AS/CD wouldn't be an insanely expensive upgrade.
@ RoxPD1470

Nice monk, I like a lot of the choices. SW on helm is great, I only just changed from BT belt actually and I liked the duo with the 100 vit.
Two recommendations, I'd look into either 12% ms boots or a pair of crit lacuni's. That max MS makes a big quality of life difference in my opinion. Secondly I think you've got some room for more dps on your rings, especially the second. Getting more avg dmg or some AS/CD wouldn't be an insanely expensive upgrade.

Yes, i completely agree with both suggestions. I actually have a nice pair of nat's boots in my stash, just waiting for a nice CC/avg damage nat's ring to pop up so I can complete the set...cuz in my opinion, the nat's set is less of an upgrade without the added CC

@Vyd...i really like your witching hour and the 9%ias and almost perfect CD roll. If anything, imo it would be really beneficial for you if you could afford to drop the vit on either your shoulders or boots (or both) so they could focus solely on dex to really help out your dps a little more. Very solid monk overall

Please, dont skip over Vyd
@Sharenis
Question...how high of mp's do you normally run? and is the 2.8% ls with 700 loh sufficient? When doing higher mp's I usually carry another LS weapon for switching, so just curious is all.

For exp runs, I do a mp1 bell build. I run on mp6 using this build if I feel like bashing some demons in the face.
Key runs would be mp8-10, depending on my mood. Same for ubers, but not solo with my dps obviously.

Yes, the sustain I have is enough to tank any of the above mentioned situations (Average 1-2 deaths per run on mp8-10). As you said, a well balanced monk. Well balanced monks don't need as much sustain as low ehp monks with high dps. For passive sustain, I make use of transcendence through mantra and exploding palm spam, and I have 1000 life per second from gear.

From what I understand, most high dps monks run with just 3% life steal on their offhand, or 6% with both weapons having lifesteal. I have no idea what they do when they get CC'ed and have no cooldowns up. I'm guessing its a question of whether their passive life leech (Sweeping wind) can outheal the incoming damage before their hp pool runs out. Perhaps they kill the elites before they kill them? Who knows. I have no high dps monks to talk with =/

Edit: I really, really hate OWE.
@sharenis
Ho Ho Ho... You have my dream sets man very nice! All those nice items Ho Ho Ho... A+
^
nice hp pool.
Nice build ^ I would try to squeeze a little more CC on there. Cyclone starts to go nuts at like 40%.

@Sharenis

( I know I need more too, I just switched to shenlong's around and took off shield with 10%)
@Vyd
Solid build very nice! We have somewhat similar build :)
@D3SM: Yeah, you need more CC and more dexterity in the gears to up your dps more. 5/10

@Boneyard: Well balanced and solid build but what is interesting is that you don't have any LS or LOH on your weapons or jewelery and you are sustaining solely on the 1800+ LPS. I suppose it depends on what MP level you are usually playing. 7.5/10

My profile>> http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/SwiftBlade-1403/hero/1792397
@SwiftBlade,

You Monk is very much, the direction I'd like to go with the Shenlongs. I am rating you at 8.5/10. I especially like the fact that you've gone your own road with the Tyrael's armour. The Ice Climbers are something I am hoping to get myself.

As for myself fire res was not what I wanted to stack, it is what kept dropping in previous parts (drove me nuts because I knew that replacement costs were going to be nuts).

I've been playing for a while with dual socket-ed fists. One at 950 the other at 780. I had them both rigged with 90% crit damage gems. The Fist of Legend was a drop just recently. I decided that the other half was the way to go. I still have the 950 as it bumps me up to just under 60K dps (I know thats pretty wimpy compared). I'll use it maybe for Uber runs; however as it is I can now do an mp3 azmo run solo with no follower and get under Azmo and kill him in under 2 minutes.

The ability to regen my life has made a BIG difference in my play style. The speed gain of 12+12 in boots and pants (+12 fleet foot passive) means that I can, almost run with Archon Wizards, and really annoy the heck out of WW Barbs try that "stuff'. <evil grin>
@Agarath
You might need to replace all your amulet and OH rings to get more dps (if you want to keep hellfire ring for EXP gain). Of course, if money is sufficient, Lacuni and Witching Hour is also a good choice for upgrade. I see you choose a shenlong with Life Steal, that is a good thought. But your DPS makes the life steal not very meaningful, I guess you can do the calc.
@ Agarath socketed shenlongs
@FHvoids

What can I say... I'm jealous. 9/10.

My profile: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Kaner-1131/hero/7312
Kaner,

U have some work to do, 3/10
Get cc% on amulet immediately